Aloha!

Monday, November 12, 2007


The mind determines whats possible, the heart surpasses it. Pilar Coolinta

I read this quote in Jamba Juice yesterday and have been thinking about it nonstop! It brought back memories of Ironman. I learned through triathlon, actually any challenge in life, just how amazing the mind is. If we think negative thoughts we limit ourselves. I really think my Ironman day was such a blast because I never had a moment of doubt that I couldn't do it. From the start of the training I was determined to do it. Of course I had my fair share of training bonks and nutrition slumps but in my mind I was determined. I had my mind made up that I was going to have as much fun as I possibly could all day long. I even had fun in the med tent after the race! I had fun falling over and crying, I had fun during the pain, I had fun joking with my coach about my son wearing a Hooters shirt! And my heart surpassed what I thought possible...



2 Comments:

Blogger No Wetsuit Girl said...

That's definitely one for the slum bank. Thanks for sharing!

November 12, 2007 at 5:09 PM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

This is a great saying and it applies to life in so many different ways, just like triathlon and the martial arts.

November 13, 2007 at 6:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home