Aloha!

Friday, December 21, 2007

2007 Reflection #7 WeeBee's

You already know this story, in 2006 my friend Lauren "Bee" and me, Bree "Wee" started making these little organic, raw food balls. We wanted something really good-for-you but also was packed with fuel for racing, training, and recovery...

Well, we made these little balls and named them WeeBee's (my last name and her last name combined). We fell in love with them and started sharing them will the town of Kona. We made them for friends, for athletes, for parties...

LAST night was a different story though... We had a "launching of the WeeBee's meeting". Today the little yummy balls go on sale and we already had our first order! That photo is the first order! 7 different flavors for our first "paying" customer...

So, this little fun project hopefully will rack in the dough! The only problem is... we still give too many of them away because we are too good at sharing!

PS: Shirley, don't worry... yours are STILL free :) See ya at the pool!!!
PSS: Marit, I wish I could send you some for your Ironman training! They were my favorite post-workout fuel!



9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Those look REALLY good Bree! When you figure out how to package them and send them across the US to Pennsylvania let me know! :)

December 21, 2007 at 9:51 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Lets call you "Rachael Ray" :) How do you order them? My husband gets the Pure fit bars for free, but am always looking to try new things!!! Infact, I looked into ordering some of the WeeBee honey for a stocking stuffer..I went to the site and about crapped myself it was $115.00 for HONEY..but that was for A CASE :) I did find it through one of the retail stores listed for $8.00, but the shipping was also $8.00 I could not find myself paying $16.00 for Honey..so will and try to find it local :)
Keep baking away and good wishes for great success :)

December 21, 2007 at 10:12 AM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

I think that it awesome! It's everyone's dream to come up with something like that and then become a millionaire! Have you ever read the story behind Clif Bars? That could be you! Best of luck, and yeah, if you start shipping it to the mainland let me know so I can order some!
Kellye

December 21, 2007 at 11:02 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Yes Yes YEs! They would be AMAZING post-workout recovery food. And they sound good enough to eat anytime.... if you ever start shipping to the mainland, let me know. I'll order a bunch! Seriously, you should consider setting up a booth at St. ANthony's or the 70.3 race in Hawaii - people know you and really respect you... you've got something going here that could be totally awesome. And besides, I'm going to need all the extra fuel I can get - so count me in too!!! Can't wait to try them at some point!!!

December 21, 2007 at 11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Don't you think you need to sponsor some mainland triathletes? Haha! Just joking! Tell us when you can ship to the mainland.
Jen H.

December 21, 2007 at 2:42 PM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Hey Bree, I'm back in Kona but not planning to spend much time at the pool on this trip (have family coming in from Alaska tomorrow). Where can we buy these tasty WeeBees? I want to get some for myself and others, and help support my favorite Big Island athlete :-)

December 21, 2007 at 7:50 PM

 
Blogger Train-This said...

I will take an order of those babies! WOO HOO!

December 22, 2007 at 3:39 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

So were do we get them? Do you ship to the mainland? Are they guaranteed to make me as fast as you?

December 22, 2007 at 6:55 AM

 
Blogger Banana said...

Yeeehhh, I want to try what you and Lauren created...mmmm...so we all wanna know if youre going to ship them to the mainland...Florida is far away.

December 22, 2007 at 1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home