Aloha!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's Amanda Lovato...

GREAT compliment... but it's not me!
Yes, I ride Scott Bikes (same bike), and I race in a Splish swim suit (no bike shorts). However, this is not me. This is Amanda Lovato.

A good friend of mine calls me and tells me, "Bree, you are in the magazine this month!". I remember reading the magazine and never saw me... I don't think so. Then she goes on, "Bree, your bike, your Splish suit with no bike shorts, it's you!" Then I got the magazine page... BEST COMPLIMENT EVER! But it's not me. It's Amanda Lovato.

I don't own a sperm looking helmet, I wear Sidi bike shoes, and I'm about 15 pounds bigger... but, again, one of the best compliments ever! Maybe next year for Halloween I can pretend to be Amanda. Enough of that jazz...

Yesterday I took my last good run prior to Honolulu Marathon. It was about an hour and had lots of speed play, I had a blast! I love running when my legs feel like the juice is starting to come around. I love running knowing that all I have left is an easy 15 minute tune up run and then the whole 26.2 miles. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE running when I know it is not an A, B, C, or even Z race for me. Just a marathon because I love running marathons.

Last night I was so excited thinking and dreaming about my 26.2 miles of beautiful scenery around the island of Oahu. I felt like a little girl at Christmas that can't sleep the night Santa comes because I am excitedly waiting for my Easy-Bake-Oven or Snoopy slushy machine! I hope tonight is better sleeping or Sunday could be one LONG day for me!



10 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

equally a compliment for mrs. lovato. :)
good luck with your marathon!

December 5, 2007 at 7:53 AM

 
Blogger Train-This said...

I agree!!!!

Best of luck this weekend!

WOO HOO! To Brooke as well

:-) Mary

December 5, 2007 at 8:21 AM

 
Blogger Bob Mitera said...

Hey Bree! Here's hoping you crank in the HNL Marathon!

Trade you winters?! 8" of snow here and 15 F tonight with strong wind and drifting snow.

December 5, 2007 at 9:28 AM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Good luck this weekend in your marathon. Have a blast out there!!

December 5, 2007 at 9:41 AM

 
Blogger Amanda Lovato said...

TJ is right. That's a huge compliment to me:)!
Good luck in your marathon!
xxamanda

December 5, 2007 at 11:16 AM

 
Blogger BreeWee said...

You guys are great- thanks a lot! Come play in the sun with me!!! Stay warm...

December 5, 2007 at 11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bree,
Have a GREAT marathon on Sunday!!! Can't wait to hear about it...we'll be uh, well, shoveling snow here. lol
AND, one of my athletes, who is a pilot for AA was in HNL this past weekend and brought Graham back some Honolulu Cookie Company - their shortbread ones. Graham loves them! :) Jen Harrison

December 5, 2007 at 1:38 PM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

When everyone's all decked out in the gear, who can tell who's who anyway? The point is that you both LOOK fast.

Good luck this weekend, and sweet dreams!

(PS Spice World is still one of my top 10 movies EVER. You sure you're losing sleep over this marathon and not the reunion tour?)

December 5, 2007 at 5:03 PM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Good luck this weekend Bree! can't wait to hear about the race. Have fun! Congrats on your full page ad in Triathlete from Lifesport. You rock! Keep up the great work.
-Marni
www.trimarni.com

December 5, 2007 at 11:59 PM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Best of luck on Sunday. Great seeing in you Triathlete magazine!

December 6, 2007 at 1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home