Aloha!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

19:20

19 hours and 20 minutes of training this week and I am PAU! (that's what we say out here in the middle of the Pacific when we are done).

I knew this was going to be a quality week of training so I made sure not to go too hard on the base pace stuff and I made sure to fuel well, get loads of rest (not very possible in my life) but I tried, and I made sure to recover with some good old epson salt or ice baths... and here I am all pau and feeling like a million bucks!

My week ended with what felt like a half Ironman. I woke up and met up with 3 cool guys who I recruited to keep me company on my 66 mile ride (roughly 3 hours). It was such a random bunch but it made for good laughs and even a few tears (by me), and loads of sarcasm. I ate it up! One of the guys is this lightening fast ex-pro skier and we nick named him the Italian Rookie ( I don't know why) but he is so wicked on the bike so I talked him into being my bike partner ALL year... I am laughing even as I write this because he has NO IDEA what he got himself in for but he agreed! Now I have a partner for those long Ironman distance rides!! I am still laughing out loud because he is in trouble with me!!

Okay, so the ride is over and NOW time for ANOTHER brick this week... It is HOT HOT HOT out and one of the guys agrees to go on my run with me... I told him it is WAY easy, base pace, for 1:15. He is stoked and away we go... But 1/2 a mile later I am solo in the Kona afternoon sunshine! In case you are wondering he did not like my 7:15-7:30 easy base pace and jumped in the ocean instead. So, just over 9 miles later I see Doug walking down the road with shoe laces un-tide, sandy feet, soaking wet! He wants to walk my last 5 minutes so we walk and laugh and talk about the steak he is about to go chow down. Poor Doug, when I called him to join me I left out all the details of my workout and just told him to come along... I hope when I call him Tuesday to join me on my Wednesday ride he comes! ha ha ha, LOVE ya Doug!! (no I still won't give him details on Tuesday)...ha ha ha

Ahh... home for a bath, toys with Kainoa, a load of laundry, hit the grocery store, wish I could nap but Kainoa gave up naps so I am having to play play play!

Training session # 3: Swim time! This is so exciting for me... not because I love swimming, but I know that 1:15 minutes later I am going to be DONE with my crash-o-la week! The swim goes better than I was thinking it would go. I still had energy and I was even feeling a little bit fast-vroom! My swim was some 300's and only one 900 so I actually timed that one and it was nice to see that post bike/run/play I can still hold my swim base pace.

Post swim and I am home but my "work" starts now... the Weebee business Lauren and I started has been Booming! I will have to update you later on that... long story short... I had 21 orders to make. Tonight. I am pretty happy that I finally found a fun job that is paying some bills and lets me work from home and train. AND live out my life long dream to be the next Rachel Ray!

Okay, it is 2:o3 minutes past my bed time! I have to sleep NOW! Since tomorrow starts my recovery week I decided to be crazy and stay up late to watch "Duma". Good movie by the way...



12 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

That is QUITE a BIG day of training! Way to get through it and your whole week. Hope you enjoy your recovery week now!

Glad to hear your business is doing so well too! Have a great day!

January 21, 2008 at 2:00 AM

 
Blogger pattencj said...

Just let us know when you are ready for that weebee website!! I'm tired just after reading all that let alone doing it.

January 21, 2008 at 3:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH! I was reading this blog thinking, "THIS IS ME!" I just had my big week - same type of hours as you did , but all indoors!!! HA. :) And, I was thinking, WHERE THE HECK IS MY RECOVERY as we hosted 22 six year olds for a birthday party on Saturday, grocery shopping, working, kid's homework........AHHHHH!!! I hear ya. Hope your rest week is a good one. Nice job. Jen

January 21, 2008 at 3:47 AM

 
Blogger Amanda C said...

Hey Bree!

I've been a lurker on your blog for a bit - you are freakin' amazing, chica!!

I have a random question for you about Splish - I've been thinking of applying for sponsorship, but I'm not sure I can wear just a bathing suit for Ironman (or even a 1/2!)...Do you alter your suit at all for racing? If not, what chaffing-preventative measures do you take?

Keep on rockin!!

p.s. it's not quite 3 degrees in CT today.

January 21, 2008 at 5:54 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Wow! FANTASTIC WEEK! You totall rock - you have inspired me to push my 300s on my swim today, even though I'm dragging after yesterday's run. Enjoy your recovery week - man oh man - you have EARNED IT! I'm looking forward to placing an order for WeeBees...

January 21, 2008 at 6:24 AM

 
Blogger BreeWee said...

Hi Amanda! I don't have an email and clicking on your name doesn't let me get to your blog...
I don't change my clothes at all for Ironman. I have found that if you have a good set up/position with your bike and you have a comfortable seat it is no problem wearing only a swim suit.
As for chafing... I put un-petroleum Vaseline all on my seat and sometimes on my thighs prior to the swim start... I haven't had any problems.
Good luck with it :)

January 21, 2008 at 6:35 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

i'm sooooo jealous - i wish i could be riding outside and then running and thinking - "it's too hot", i'm going in the ocean. Right now, it's snowing and freeezing cold out(10 degrees!!!) and I'm getting ready to go for a run. ;(

January 21, 2008 at 6:58 AM

 
Blogger Bob Mitera said...

- 7.3 F here (-25 F windchill)...and going to swim indoors after running 100 minutes OUTSIDE.

19+ hours in January is what it takes - they should make a movie like that...oh, too late.

January 21, 2008 at 8:00 AM

 
Blogger Train-This said...

way to go bree! it will be exciting to watch you this season!
:-) mary

January 21, 2008 at 9:52 AM

 
Blogger Amanda C said...

Thanks, Bree!

Yea, I'm a total minimalist with my IM racing - but I've never worn *just a swim suit...always a tri suit and lots of chammy cream - I need to find a woman to do my bike fit, I think!

My bike position is pretty aggressive, so I ride on the nose of the saddle...maybe I need to stop being a big freakin baby and just toughen up!

Rock on and thanks again!

Happy Training!

January 21, 2008 at 10:08 AM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow 19 hours of training a week in January - way to go! You are going to rock this year!! Are you going to do any IM's at all?

January 21, 2008 at 11:47 AM

 
Blogger BreeWee said...

Ironman Japan baby!

January 21, 2008 at 11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home