Aloha!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Moving On...

I am so spoiled! I have done several mission trips and even lived in Costa Rica for a while 3rd world style. I wear the same clothes, I only own one bike, I count my blessings, I am thankful, I share and give and donate... I didn't think I was a spoiled brat until I just heard this advertisment about girls in Africa. It said, most high school girls in Africa can't go to school during their periods because they can't afford to buy tampons. I started to cry...

I have been crying all week because we are in the middle of moving. Jim and I are saying good-bye to our first home of our own and moving on. Packing this week has really been rough on me. All the memories we created. Painting Kainoa's room (and every other thing in the house I could get my hands on), tiling with the Bee's and laughing because I am the worst tile picker-outer ever!, tearing down a wall in the kitchen so I could play Rachel Ray and have my own cooking show... the list of laughter and memories is so long!

So why are we moving? The smiles and laughter soon became stress and we became slaves to our OUTRAGEOUS mortgage... so we are starting over to make a long story short. Back to renting and back to a little home. I can't even believe I waisted all that time crying... at least we are still happy and healthy and have a roof over our heads. At least I can leave my house when I have a period because I can afford to buy some tampons...

To all my friends I invite over during vacations you can still stay at our house... but now you have to camp outside... Natasha, sorry about that but I will sleep in the tent with you like old days at Turtle Beach! Moving on... and like my mom always tells me, after every storm is a rainbow...

Here is one last look at Kainoa's room before I say good bye ...
Painting even though everyone says pregnant ladies should not inhale paint...
My under water sea creatures...



14 Comments:

Blogger Speed Racer said...

I can't see the pictures, but I can't blame you for being emotional. Not to mention, packing is the WORST kind of cleaning. Good luck at the new pad, and enjoy having less space to clean.

One thing is a little unclear though, with all the money you'll be saving, are you going to be filling your new house with tampons? Because I think that would be a strange way to invest your windfall. Maybe you should send some of them to Africa.

January 14, 2008 at 2:35 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Good luck with the move!!Keep ppreciating the little things and just enjoy life like you do! I have learned you don't need a lot of material things to have a rich life! I'm really looking forward to following your racing this year!!

January 14, 2008 at 4:23 AM

 
Blogger TICA MACHA said...

On a stress level, moving is up there with divorce. I'm sorry to hear you are uprooting but I'm sure you will be happy with your new place. It's the family that makes it a home.
why can't I see the photos?

January 14, 2008 at 5:17 AM

 
Blogger Pedergraham said...

I like that from Tica Macha: "It's the family that makes it a home." So true!

January 14, 2008 at 8:17 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Hang in there Bree - you can do it. Moving is tough, as are changes. Thank you for sharing this post... I think you're extraordinarily brave! Nice job keeping things in perspective, I truly admire your courage!

January 14, 2008 at 9:58 AM

 
Blogger Brooke Myers said...

I am excited because you are even closer now and we can have our juice parties... Ha ha
Your new place will be peaceful and a new place for lots of new memories to create.
When Nick and I were helping Jim yesterday, I could tell Kainoa already was interested and going to love it. He would not leave the rocks or stop climbing the steps. Oh and he wanted that dog next door..

January 14, 2008 at 10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck w/ your move, Bree! Moving is both stressful and cleansing! I KNOW what you mean about this current house and all the memories w/ Kainoa...I feel the same way in our current house! The murals are cute! Jen H.

January 15, 2008 at 3:08 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Bree,
Those walls look GREAT...now you will have NEW walls to paint and NEW memories to make! Cheer up and enjoy your move :)

Mel

January 15, 2008 at 3:19 AM

 
Blogger Kerri Robbins said...

Weather the storm. It will pass. Remember it is only a house...yes with memories but only a house. It's the people inside. And saw that ad too and cried!!!

Cheers. Be strong, too!!

January 15, 2008 at 3:23 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

good luck with your move! you'll be fine and create memories wherever you are. i love the paint job you did in kainoa's room - you can put that creativity to use to make your new house your home!

January 15, 2008 at 8:02 AM

 
Anonymous Alicia Parr said...

Oh my gosh! My specific ideas are a little different, but our little one is gonna have an underwater-themed nursery too! Isn't it just the greatest idea?

But first...so much home improving to do downstairs before the nursery. Just think of all the fun projects you'll have now!

January 15, 2008 at 11:28 AM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, what a colorful and fun room! I have done a lot of custom painting inside our home in FL too and it will be hard to leave it when the time comes.

But, it sounds like the move is the right thing for you and your family. No rain, no rainbows, someone else once told me.

January 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

When Adam got a new job, we had to move to a new home, and I had to leave both of my baby rooms behind. However, it's been fun doing their rooms in our new place with a little bit more of a "big kid" theme! You'll have fun with that too!

Best of luck with the reorginization! I'll be thinking about you!

January 15, 2008 at 4:37 PM

 
Blogger Adam Brown said...

You are a great artist. I am very impressed that you did all of that. I've always wanted to paint something like that in my kids rooms. You've inspired me to do it. Thanks...

November 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home