Aloha!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

2 good ones in a row...

(Me, the Italian Rookie, and Shonny Sunday before Mango)

Yesterday morning I was not too sure how my swim would feel after my Saturday longish run, Sunday swim & Mango & a 2.5 hour hill ride with the Italian Rookie...

I showed up to the pool wondering if I would be toasted or ready for another training week... The swim started off a little quirky but then the beloved 16x75's came for the main set (I feel like we always have this set). last time we had it I posted how Coach Steve wanted me at a 50 but I was determined to be more like 45 (where Krista was) and I ended my set on 47 (break through for me). Yesterday, I made all the fast 75's sub 50 and the very last 75 a 45 high! (My new PR). I hit the wall and Mike and Derek shouted 45 high! (The clock actually looked liked 46 to me, but they said they watched the exact second my hand hit and the clock ticked)... so I'm taking it! Yes, good old Coach Steve was shouting, he was so impressed and told me my stroke (the new one I am working on) held together the entire set. I was stoked.

Later that night I took my sisters yoga class, fell asleep for about 5 minutes, woke myself up snoring, so I left class early... (sorry Brooke)... the class was awesome, I was just POOPED!

So this morning... I meet up with my chick friends Wendy and Lana and thankfully they joined me on my tempo run. 2x 20 min at 6:15 pace. The goal here, according to coach, was to not go full sprint and to stay in zone 3-4. I am really REALLY new to HR training. I only started using it 3 weeks prior to Ironman so we are still learning. My given HR's for zone 3 are 159-167 and zone 4 is 168-174... My HR for the first 20 min. was 160, the second 20 min. was 163. I thought my stinking HR montitor was broke (no wonder I never used the dumb thing prior to Ironman I thought), But nope... it was spot on! I could not get to zone 4 (unless I went hard, as in what I was not supposed to do). I could not believe I could keep my HR where it was at 6:15 pace. I was so stoked, this was my second good one (workout that is) in a row!

Cheers to everyone having a GREAT week of training... I hope you guys get 2, 3, 4, 5, (a lot) of good ones in a row!




10 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Very, very, very scary that you can run 6:15 pace in zone 3 (scary for your competition that is!!!) So glad for you to have two awesome workouts in a row - you are in some GREAT shape!! Now I hope to hear tomorrow how you had your 3rd and 4th and 5th... good workouts in a row!! :)

February 5, 2008 at 11:08 AM

 
Blogger Emmalee said...

Kristie and I saw WeeBee honey at the grocery store and I thought of you. That stuff is expensive, so that must mean its good, and if its good then sponsoring you must make you good.haaha I knew you were good before that.

February 5, 2008 at 4:53 PM

 
Blogger Rural Girl said...

Sounds like you're having "The Best Week Ever", VH1 style. YAH!

February 6, 2008 at 4:02 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Hurrah! All the technique is paying off. Way to go!!!

February 6, 2008 at 4:35 AM

 
Blogger Kerri Robbins said...

HOOORAH. NICE JOB. Keep rollin'

February 6, 2008 at 4:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is like you live on a different planet...seeing you all in bikinis IS SOOO weird for me! We are getting 16" of snow as I type. CONGRATS on your great breakthroughs, those are always nice! Jen H.

February 6, 2008 at 8:02 AM

 
Blogger alison said...

Hi! I found your blog googling around for kona tri stuff. I used to live in Kona and it's so fun to read about people and places I recognize (and miss!) I'm just getting back into training after a few years off and your blog really motivates me. It's also makes me so happy to hear that such amazing talent comes from our little town!
Look forward to following your success this season.
Alison :-)

February 6, 2008 at 8:05 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Good work Bree...you always amaze me on how you balance everything....it gives me hope that one day I will fully feel balanced :)

February 6, 2008 at 9:06 AM

 
Blogger Jen in Budapest said...

Bree - you inspire me. I'm doing this piddly little sprint tri and you are seriously training. Thank you. And your blog about those shoes.....grosss!!! I have a pair of cheap shoes that I got here in Hungary and foolishly I wore them the other day. They kept chafing my heel so now I have blisters. I'm sure that will feel phenomenal when I go running!!! Well, keep up the great work. I wish I could find a training program here of some sort....Just know I'm getting inspired and learning from all you crazy tris...;0)

Jen

February 6, 2008 at 10:15 PM

 
Blogger Bob Mitera said...

Where did they put all your snow?

February 7, 2008 at 5:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home