Aloha!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

No loafing with Loeffler...

I got busted, so busted! Today was a 3HR ride with a 60 min. Zone 3 run instantly after dropping off the bikes...

The group ride started off really nice, nice with a great view... the ocean on one side and in front of me was Greg Bennet & Brent MacMon... pretty cool to draft them even if it was the EASY warm up... Just after the pace picked up I rolled over the glass and so did Kim "Loeffler". That meant it was me following her back to town. HOLY crap talk about a ride! I was holding on for dear life! For one I had no idea how to make it back to town (I am directionally challenged here in Noosa) and for two, she is a STRONG cyclist & I wanted to hold on. Darn me, she never let off the gas and I nearly passed out sucking her wheel!

Now to the run... here is where I really got busted. The goal was to run in zone 3 for 60 minutes. I started off following the plan BUT then good ol' Loeffler came running on by (you know her, marathon maniac with a twin sister that runs a 2:33) so of COURSE I let the HR jump to zone 4. Now Lisa Mensink is also in the mix, no way was I going to pass up an opportunity to run with these super stars. SO I hung tuff. We ran a 6:48, 6:09 the first 2 miles, I was running tuff till coach rode by on a scooter and told me to run my OWN pace. SO, the next 45 min. I did my own zone 3. It hurt, it was hot, I was going for it...

Today was certainly a non-loafing day for me chasing Loeffler!



10 Comments:

Blogger TB said...

Cracking me up...I can picture coaches expression...

At least you're not competitive (NOT!!!)...

March 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM

 
Blogger Pedergraham said...

Aaaah...you've witnessed first hand the Loeffler/Liljeblad legs! Even better--you should get a massage from Kim's twin sometime!
We are all enjoying your updates--you, Eileen, Katya, and Kim are inspiring us from a bazillion miles away!
-Danielle

March 15, 2008 at 3:02 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

It is great you are in good company there. Keep up the great work!!!

March 15, 2008 at 5:32 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

sounds like some fun training ;)!
i am almost done reading 'skinny bitch' and i love it, so thanks for the recommendation. i love how they present they facts/info so clearly...no mincing words!

March 15, 2008 at 6:01 AM

 
Anonymous Jen Foley said...

Hey Bree!
Sounds like you are having a blast!
Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing you kick some butt this year!!

Jen Foley

March 15, 2008 at 9:22 AM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

That sounds so great! Keep it up Bree!

March 15, 2008 at 9:35 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

I am sure you are being your speedy self....what is coach meaning when he says stay at your own pace.....doesn't he know that your pace is FAST and FASTER :)

March 15, 2008 at 10:25 AM

 
Blogger Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

You are doing great Bree! Sounds like you are in good hands!

Tell Coach to get off his scooter and chase you once! = )

March 15, 2008 at 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 15, 2008 at 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Brooke Myers said...

Oh goodness I can only imagine...
SOunds fun Bree and glad you are apart of it.
Dave Old asked about you and says hi - hope all is well...

I think he's nervous you're gonna come back even faster and stronger.. Ha ha

March 15, 2008 at 12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home