Aloha!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

10 x 1...


On the plan... 10 x 1 mile repeats. Nice. I actually like this, anytime I get mile repeats I get all fired up and make sure to set myself up for success. Yes, that's right, I set myself up to conquer the workout.

How do I do set myself up to be successful... I CALL CODY! (That's me and Cody above) we train & race most every race stride for stride. Every woman athlete needs a Cody!

After a nice warm up we get to our measured mile (slight uphill on the way out, slight down hill on the way in-just the way I like it). Coach emails me last night pretty much to tell me NOT TO MESS THIS UP! That this workout needs to be ON SPOT accurate with my HR and pace. No "Bree Wee" silly mistakes. When I get these types of emails prior to a workout I know it is time to rock-n'-roll.

Coach wants each repeat at 6:20 pace NOT faster NOT slower! (he wants my body to LEARN, LOVE, and KNOW this pace). Cake I tell myself, shoots, I just ran a 10 miler pushing 31 pound Kainoa in a jogging stroller holding a 6:24 pace...without the stroller this is CAKE!

  • Round 1: 6:40. Ooops, we started too easy!
  • Round 2: 5:42. Double oops, I always try to make up for lost time!
  • Round 3-10 : We NAIL it! We hit every mile at 6:20 (or slightly faster by only a second or two)
Nice warm down and I am stoked... I am learning to KNOW and FEEL the rhythm of different running paces. Pretty excited that the body is starting to know more than my usual paces of start out TOO hard then SUFFER till I cross the finish line.

Cheers to finishing strong!



19 Comments:

Blogger Marni said...

ouch! What was the recovery for those milers? Maybe I could start out with 3 or 4 and build up. That would def. be an interval tuesday workout for the outdoors! I'll just make sure my bed is ready for me when I get home! Awesome workout bree!!! congrats on your award for USAT amatuer athlete ( I think that was it, it was in the magazine for usat).

April 16, 2008 at 11:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Wee.....

April 16, 2008 at 11:25 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

Yes, every Woman athlete Does need a Cody! :0) That workout rocks. I am going to ask my coach if I can do that some time. Nice job finding the pace and holding on to it. That takes serious skill.....and speed! Great job!!

April 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM

 
Blogger Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

OK, I'm with Marn..what was the recovery between these kick ass miles?! Awesome job! I would die I think. Quick question though..where can I get myself a Cody?!

April 16, 2008 at 2:24 PM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

Ok... I want a Cody too!!

I think that's awesome that you're nailing your pace. It's something I'm HORRIBLE at!

Great job! I'm sure Coach Paul is proud! :)

April 16, 2008 at 2:48 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Great workout Bree!!! It's so tough to hit a certain pace without a track where you can get your splits every 400! Anyway, awesome workout! :)

April 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

OK SPEEDSTER....Can I borrow YOUR CODY :) NAUGHTY....NAUGHTY!!! HA HA!!!! You Rock!!! Pack Cody in your suit case for St.Croix..He He!!!

April 16, 2008 at 2:57 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

I am sooooooo BAD :)

April 16, 2008 at 2:58 PM

 
Blogger TB said...

Oh boy!!! Love that...

What was your warm up and cool down? This workout rocks...

How many miles you running a week now?

April 16, 2008 at 3:39 PM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

Yes Bree, every girl athlete needs a Cody and Mel.. yez.. you are a BAD BAD girl! :-) Have fun at St. A's.

April 16, 2008 at 3:52 PM

 
Blogger TATI said...

bad ass! and smart to measure a road mile vs. go around like a hamster on the track

April 16, 2008 at 5:04 PM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Nice job Bree! What a workout!!! Very interesting perspective on LEARNING what each pace feels like - I learn something new each and every time I read your blog. Thanks much!

And yes, every gal needs a Cody...

April 16, 2008 at 8:46 PM

 
Blogger Kazilar said...

See Please Here

April 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM

 
Blogger j-mo said...

hey Bree awesome job! Thats an epic workout and you KNOW its important when you get "the email"!
haha..

April 17, 2008 at 3:45 AM

 
Blogger Ashley said...

Yup, please send Cody my way - thanks! Great job guys. Keep it strong.

April 17, 2008 at 5:06 AM

 
Blogger Eileen Swanson said...

SWEET! Awesome work Wee! I had my mile repeats a couple nights ago too and Reid and I did them spot on ;-) Yay, for all of us Lifesporters ;-) Miss ya and luv ya.

E

April 17, 2008 at 5:16 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

How do you DO that?! Know how fast you're running? Run 6:20 pace? I just don't get it. The only time I can run a constant pace is on a treadmill because I get hurt if I go off pace. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

April 17, 2008 at 1:41 PM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

i'll borrow cody if he ever wants to do some altitude training...or even better, maybe i'll just make a trip over there :). sounds like an awesome workout, hitting the numbers you are supposed to will make you tuff as nails!

April 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM

 
Blogger Jen in Budapest said...

Dang girl! You are awesome! Wish I could put that kind of time into my 1 milers. Wow. You are amazing. That's why you're the pro.

April 19, 2008 at 3:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home