Aloha!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

5am wake-up call...


Home sweet home! It is so sweet to be back to my life, my island, my family & friends, my training routes & my juicer! BUT life still hurts... 5am and Coach is here! Yeah, he followed me home from Australia.

We hit the tready's (7 of us girls) and 2 Coaches! Oh my Lord I need help! Everything aches and shakes and cracks and tingles in my body but the "pain of Paul" never lets up. So... here we are hurtin' at 5am. It was a bit of a "lavaman Boost" workout for the triathlon this weekend... just to get the legs ready to rock n' roll. Mine felt more like rolling than rockin' but I sucked it up and ended up on a good note.

THEN back to my usual routine: The beach with Kainoa (and Jim!!!) to play in the waves & Jamba Juice!
This is Kainoa spitting up sand... yeah, what a mom I am...I let him fully endure a few waves!

Finally masters! WHOA! Going from meters (lots of them) to yards (way less of them) was insane! I was just getting warmed up when we were jumping out of the pool to go home! I hope my new swim fitness doesn't fade now that I am back to 9,000 yards a week! Yikes, I might need to upgrade that a bit. Oh, the fun didn't end there... I had coach Paul and coach Steve on deck! 2 coaches, VERY different ones at that, on one swim deck was a little silly for me. One has me breathing every 3 one has me breathing every 2.... I was just focusing on breathing at all! Me and swimming is a challenge and all I know is I need to breathe-when I breathe I have yet to figure out.

Okay, I have to sleep now. I am on the bike behind the scooter tomorrow... like I said, Coach Paul is here & that means the scooter too...

Night everyone... so happy to be home and see you all again and I can hardly wait to see the rest of you on Sunday!
PS: Naughty, swimming is not as fun without you & Pat... thanks for throwing ALL my stuff in the pool... paybacks are coming my friend!



18 Comments:

Blogger Marni said...

that treadmill pic is priceless. maybe I should take one of me and all the walkers at the Y :)

April 3, 2008 at 12:43 AM

 
Blogger TB said...

She's back!!!

I bet you wake up with cold sweats thinking of that dreaded scooter.

April 3, 2008 at 1:01 AM

 
Blogger TJ said...

As much fun as getting away is, it's always nice to get back home.
Enjoy the ride behind the scooter!

April 3, 2008 at 2:40 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

oh... I WANT that bikini! So CUTE!!
So glad you made it home safe and really enjoying your family and home life again.

April 3, 2008 at 3:21 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Bree, you are too cute!!! You look TIRED(sorry, not in a bad way) Hope you are trying to get rested up!!!

Um OK I see you girls are wearing HATS inside on the treader..is the sun coming through the glass window at 5a.m.:) My Splish suit 3 hour trainer ride and YOU and your hat INSIDE we could definitely pull off a GOOD sports video :)

St.Croix soon baby...get some rest so you can take on that BEAST!!! I am already having nightmares about it :(
Have a great ride and go FAST and loose that scooter!!! Glad you are HOME, we Missed you!!!!

April 3, 2008 at 3:40 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Sweet workouts! Yes - breathing is important... it must be interesting to have 2 coaches on the deck for your swim - but FANTASTIC to have the support like that. I will send you lots and lots of good vibes for the scooter training today - but like everything else you've done, you'll shine through!

VVVRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMM! (Literally! :)

April 3, 2008 at 3:47 AM

 
Blogger Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Oh I just love this picture! How cool is it that you have sssooo many training partners?! I have ZERO! I'm with Marni...it's me and all the walkers on the treadmill and they DO NOT push me harder!!

April 3, 2008 at 4:20 AM

 
Blogger Eileen Swanson said...

Wee, it's either 5AM tready or 5AM surf life saving workout with all of your roomies in Oz. Which would you choose? I know! ;-) I miss you tons. I am off to the pool in a bit and will be thinking about the day I almost passed out when we had breathe control (every 9). Remember Max and Paul following us around the pool deck. I seriously saw stars that day ;-)

E

April 3, 2008 at 5:44 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

so glad you made it back safe and sound mama! i am sure that everyone is very happy to have you back. that tready picture is awesome - it almost look fun - i might have to join you one am ;).

April 3, 2008 at 6:28 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

Welcome home! Gosh, those guys don't let you recover or even breathe! Can't you just say you got your period or something? That used to get me out of gym class...

So did your "new swim stroke" hold up to the monster meters in Australia or what?

(PS I followed your advice again on nutrition stuff, and you were right... AGAIN. Still no swamp thing smoothies, though.)

April 3, 2008 at 7:23 AM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

That tready picture is cool as it almost looks like you're all running exactly in unison! And Kainoa looks happy to see his mommy! Sand and all!! :)

I doubt Coach Paul will let you lose ANY thing at this point! Don't worry, you've got a HUGE support network to keep you on your toes, which from the looks of that picture seems you're doing just fine! Have fun!

April 3, 2008 at 8:22 AM

 
Blogger Brooke Myers said...

I loved that workout - I think the tready is becoming my best training buddy...
I actually feel pretty good today too, a little tired in the legs, but not too bad..

even Mel said something about the Hats - I wasn't the only one wondering why you had one on inside, at 5 am...

April 3, 2008 at 8:45 AM

 
Blogger Emmalee said...

Nothing like home sweet home.

PS I like your bathing suit

April 3, 2008 at 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Mira Lelovic said...

It's pretty amazing that each of you has your left leg in the push off phase. Did you all time that or what? Cool. So your coach is actually present for your workouts? Wow, but no thanks. Glad you made it home safely and your trip was a success. Enjoy your time back with Kainoa!

April 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM

 
Blogger Emmalee said...

Side note, to my uneducated eye it looks like you and Brooke have incredibly similar stances/form (or whatever you runners call that. Stride?

April 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Welcome back, Bree! I'm sure it must be great to be in Kona with your family. Remember to check out getting Skype for your next trip (if you aren't using it already). Great photo of all of you on the treadmills!!

April 4, 2008 at 3:54 AM

 
Blogger Benson said...

hey there, welcome back. Your trip/training/racing looks like it was a fine time. No doubt you and your roomies were nothing but trouble. Wouldn't have it any other way. Rock, or roll, on.

April 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM

 
Blogger Jen in Budapest said...

Hey, welcome home, Bree! Must feel great. Best of wishes for the tri this weekend. :D

April 4, 2008 at 9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home