Aloha!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Go! Go! Go!

Way too much fun cheering today! GO IRONMAN ARIZONA RACERS! Linsey Corbin & Rachel Ross (2 of my team mates & buddies) are killing it! Linsey running in 5th right now & Rach in 12th! Keep going girls... I am literally cheering so loud my neighbors have asked me to shut the windows! Shout outs to TJ Tollakson and Terra Castro too... What great racing today... I am way too excited for you guys!

AS for me...
Today I had a nice hill run BUT Jim is on Oahu so I was lacking some Kainoa-sitting help. What's a mom to do??? Run him in the jogger. Nice. Just as I was starting out there "just happened" to be a nice 10 mile road race going on. Of course coach told me I have raced the past few weekends and needed a break...so the race was not on the plan. Being I am "pushing" all 31 pounds of Kainoa and a stroller I figure I can't really "race" so I will just run with the group and have some fun on the rolling "hills" for my hill day. I totally think pushing a solid 40 pounds counts as a hill.

The 10 miles went by pretty quick. Kainoa slept most the ride and once again this momma is back to the jogger pushing for a little resistance-training! Our time you are wondering... let's just say it wasn't "race" pace since I wasn't allowed to race. But it was a nice enough pace for Kainoa to win a first place overall female frog...



12 Comments:

Blogger Ange said...

I can't believe you ran a 10 miler with Kainoa in the jogger!! That is tough and definately counts as hill work. I used to push my kids. I pushed my 1st in the jogger for years but moved up to a double jogger after my 2nd was born. It was a tough workout! I'm glad you got to join the fun of the day.

April 13, 2008 at 12:34 PM

 
Blogger Marni said...

too cute!
I can't wait to have a baby jogger..but the baby will have to wait a bit :) You look great!

April 13, 2008 at 1:48 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Great picture of you and Kainoa! He looks like he's getting a nice nap... :) Glad your "race" went so well and you guys had fun out there! You two look awesome!

April 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

A Mamma needs to do what a Mamma needs to do....You still look speedy even with an extra 40 lbs and pushing a stroller ;) Can you push me in St. Croix....I will act like there is something wrong with me...Oh wait there is something wrong with me I am CRAZY :)

April 13, 2008 at 3:19 PM

 
Blogger Bob Mitera said...

Running with the baby jogger. Sweet! You will be so strong! You look fit.

Bob
PS: thanks for the 1 mile cheer up! I've been in some dark days lately. The FL 70.3 reality is setting in.

April 13, 2008 at 5:04 PM

 
Blogger Pedergraham said...

Kainoa has this look on his face like, "Oh no, not another flash. What is up with the Kona papparazi?" Sounds like a nice day for the two of you. We are still baby-joggering occasionally, although I think I have it easy having a "skinny-mini" for a kid. Four years almost and only 30 pounds...
-Danielle

April 14, 2008 at 1:53 AM

 
Blogger Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Hey, maybe the rest of us could keep up with you if are pushing K in the jogger?! Sounds like fun to me! K took a good nap, Mom got her training done...sounds like a great day!

April 14, 2008 at 2:01 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

Of course it's a fancy shamcy IRONMAN stroller to boot! Love the pic!

April 14, 2008 at 3:31 AM

 
Blogger Cricket said...

You 2 are too cute! I love how you are always smiling! Keep loving life- You are blessed!

April 14, 2008 at 4:21 AM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great to see you have a new yellow rocket!!

April 14, 2008 at 6:18 AM

 
Blogger Brooke Myers said...

Yes, the red "yellow" rocket is back.
Looking good....

April 14, 2008 at 7:07 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

i have the same baby jogger and always get the "you're crazy" look as i zoom by people. let's hope you don't run the wheels off this one :).
love your new quote!

April 14, 2008 at 10:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home