Aloha!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

All about the dad...

Check out the swimmers finishing the swim with the swells in the back ground...

Our day is quiet mellow... being Father's Day it is all about the dad! And Jim likes life simple, quiet, calm, and well... a bit less adventurous than me. So today we are chill-axin'...

Our day starts off with the local Father's Day Peaman Biathlon (the one Jim and I met at 5 years ago today). I am grounded from racing till Japan (thanks a lot coach). This is very challenging not to race because the waves were a solid Hawaiian style 5ft. I LOVE swimming in big waves... I appreciate the beauty and strength of the ocean so much.



Jim swam Kainoa through the swim then loaded him in the jogger for the run. It was so much fun to see little Kainoa loving sport! He was yelling for daddy to swim faster, "hurry up". I can tell he has my genes, he hated when the other children passed his dad. The run was classic! Dads were pushing their children and the moms were stealing the show. Jim is claiming nobody passed them... okay... I believe you...


Now both my boys are out surfing... they left me at home! Jim wanted a father-son day. No girls allowed. I am getting a bit annoyed with everyone in our home surfing but me, after Japan I might just sign up for a surf contest just so Jim will let me train surfing! (hope coach goes for that idea). As I have all this peace and quiet at home I am finding just how blessed I am to have Jim in my life and be the father of our son.




Kainoa I hope you know you are one VERY loved little boy! And to my dad... I love you & Happy Father's Day...

.



20 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Bree, sorry I missed telling you in person this morning at Peaman, but good luck in Japan. You'll do awesome. Karen and I are praying for you. The joy of the Lord is your strength. Have a great time in Japan and enjoy the experience.

ps. you should get Splishy to design you a wet suit ...

June 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

Amazing father and son race. I wonder what the Peaman will call this category: "Piggy-back swim and stroller run"? It reminds me of the few times our boys would race the Peawee course and mum would come to watch. Happy families!

June 15, 2008 at 1:33 PM

 
Blogger Brooke Myers said...

Happy Father's Day to Jimbo...
Good luck with your packing and sorry I will not be able to see you all off tomorrow (teaching calls).
Have a safe trip and enjoy each and every moment while you are there.....

Kainoa is going to be kicking our butts surfing any day now.. Maybe you and I should sneak away for a surf trip.. ha ha

June 15, 2008 at 2:17 PM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

Chill- axing... too cute.

Oh man.... those pictures make me want to DIVE into that water to play! Have a safe and fun journey and I KNOW i don't have to tell you about Purell and germ infested planes. You are alllll over that!!! STAY HEALTHY!!!!!
Can't wait for updates and pix.

June 15, 2008 at 3:03 PM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

Happy Father's Day to Jim! What an awesome way to spend Father's Day! I think that is so cool that he swam like that with Kainoa on his back and than ran in the jogger!

Have a really fun and safe trip and enjoy!! I can't wait to follow your adverntures!

June 15, 2008 at 3:08 PM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

WOW!!! I'm totally AMAZED at how little K is holding on while Jim is swimming. What a great team they are.

Glad I had a chance to see ya'll this morning. Safe travels and GO GET 'EM IN JAPAN!!

June 15, 2008 at 4:50 PM

 
Blogger Roo said...

What cool pics. They brought back great memories of my dad jumping off the side of the pool with me on his shoulders!

June 15, 2008 at 5:07 PM

 
Blogger BreeWee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 15, 2008 at 5:14 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

Bree, it was fun watching Kainoa today in his race. Good luck in Japan. You'll do great! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. I can't wait for it to be over so we can celebrate how well you did.

June 15, 2008 at 9:03 PM

 
Blogger ariel said...

hey bree, my blog is up... i think. I'm on randy's blog and i have you as one of my links... i hope its working now. but good luck in Japan... you get em!
you'll do great :)

see ya in a few weeks!

June 15, 2008 at 10:20 PM

 
Blogger Ange said...

Have a safe trip and HAVE FUN!!! GOOD LUCK at the race. I can't wait to watch you. I love this race with Kainoa and Jim...it's so so cute.

June 16, 2008 at 2:08 AM

 
Blogger Flatman said...

Happy Fathers Day to daddy. Those are awesome pictures...I miss Hawaii!

June 16, 2008 at 2:31 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Happy Father's Day Jim...You and K look like a winning team :) Bree, keep pumped up and safe travels!!!! I hope you can blog us...as I need my WEE :)

June 16, 2008 at 2:39 AM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Cute photos!! Happy day, Kainoa!!!

June 16, 2008 at 3:07 AM

 
Blogger j-mo said...

Haha! Coach let me race this weekend. Well, just an open water swim race so nothing big.
Enjoy Japan with the fam, and good luck!!!!!

June 16, 2008 at 3:33 AM

 
Blogger Cricket said...

Glad Jim had a nice Father's Day! They looked so cute swimming together. Have an incredible time in Japan! What an awesome experience for all of you!
Love & Kisses- The Richau's

June 16, 2008 at 3:49 AM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

Bree, As you leave for Japan, please check out this fantastic pool for getting in those final laps all in a lane to yourself! Please go to:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=inA-36YRV0Y&NR=1
And anyone else should check this, too.

June 16, 2008 at 4:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time in Japan. Prayers for safe travels and a great race. We can't wait to track your progress. Know that so many are behind you and love your great spirit! Courtney and Aaron (We still can get over how your son stayed on his back the entire swim--what a little dare devil!!)

June 16, 2008 at 4:35 AM

 
Blogger Lisa G said...

All the best for you in Japan - go get em!! I look forward to hearing about the race.

June 16, 2008 at 5:58 AM

 
Blogger greyhound said...

LOVE that picture of Kainoa's head sticking up out of the water. He looks like the Whale Rider!!

June 16, 2008 at 10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home