Aloha!

Friday, July 4, 2008

9 Days till Vancouver 1/2...

My Canada buddy/Victoria training partner "Porto" and I at Coach Paul's parents house.

This time next week I will be in one of my most favorite spots on the planet... Canada!

I can HARDLY wait...

Vancouver Half Ironman is about 9 days away! I totally am IN LOVE with this race, this place, and the people!

Brad, Ange, Jeff, Ben, Amanda, and Joe... GET the tea ready... I am coming!!!

Canada was one of the most amazing experiences I had last year! It was the first time I got to train with my coach in real life, meet some of my Canadian team mates, meet the amazing locals of Vancouver & Victoria, my first flat in a race, meeting Rick Say & Lucy Smith, my first bike ride over 5 hours, the long list of amazing moments in my life goes on and on in Canada!

This year will be even more fun because I get to race on Ironman tired legs, visit my local buddies, NOT flat, hang out with E, Kat, and Janet (again this year!), work with my coach (you know that is one of my favorite hobbies), and thanks to Janet I have learned how to take my wet suit off so I won't have a 6 minute T1 trying to strip out of that thing this year! (very embarrassing!)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Canada...

Of course I am already missing Jim & Kainoa! Last year I cried the entire plane ride to Vancouver and coach made fun of me for about 2 hours! But this year I am only going for 10 days, not 3 weeks, so I got it under control! Big girl undies on as Liz would say.

As for the training... I have spent the past few days surfing! It has been super fun, super glassy, and has given me a mental break from swimbikerun. In fact, it has been so much fun I thought about changing my sport back to surfing. When I said it out loud fireworks went off! I was only joking... sort of...

Happy 4th everyone!



13 Comments:

Blogger Maijaleena said...

Have fun in Vancouver. It is such a nice city. Hopefully things have warmed up there a little for you.

July 4, 2008 at 3:24 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Good luck Bree!! And have an awesome camp. Your coach will have his hands full with all you gals!! :) And when you get back teach me your wetsuit tricks because I really need help too!

July 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Bree and have a great time! As soon as I saw Vancouver 1/2 IM I wanted to do it. I absolutely LOVED Vancouver!!! Enjoy! :) Jen H.

July 4, 2008 at 4:58 PM

 
Blogger LeAnn said...

Thank you soooooooooo much. I got it yesterday. I love everything that you sent me. It made my day. Ones coming your way...look for it. It will be sitting at the post office while you're away. Have a blast in Canada. Loves.

July 4, 2008 at 5:21 PM

 
Blogger runninggunner said...

Have a great race in Vancouver. Too bad I won't see you race. I'm going to be out of town racing myself.

July 4, 2008 at 6:18 PM

 
Blogger rr said...

Oh I wanna come tooooooo! Have so much fun, and go rock that race.. that bike course owes you one! The surf has been incredible lately, even tempting me into it and I never surf anymore :)

July 4, 2008 at 10:38 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

All the best in Canada. I'm not sure of what live coverage we'll get but I'll certainly look to see what's available. Happy July 4th, too. I miss that and Thanksgiving of course. Never seemed to have anything like these in the UK when I grew up.

July 4, 2008 at 11:23 PM

 
Blogger Train-This said...

Good lcuk and kic butt sister! I too am a Canadian wannabe. EH!

July 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM

 
Blogger Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Tell Coach P. not to make fun of you for crying! He has no IDEA with it's like to be away from your family for three weeks and the tugs that will be pulling at your heart strings!

GO BREE GO! Enjoy Canada, eh?

July 5, 2008 at 3:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy Canada- Work hard- Smile and give it all you have.....Go after your dreams and leave footprints ...Proud of you Boston Baked Beaner....Love and in our prayers always, Mom and Rodger....(Hug Kainoa and Jim for us)

July 5, 2008 at 3:14 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

Have a super fun time!!!! Enjoy the race! And I agree, it is so hard to be away from our kids and husbands. I hope the time goes quickly for you.

July 5, 2008 at 7:26 AM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

Go Bree!! You are going to have an amazing race! Enjoy your trip and probably some cooler weather!

July 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

you aare going to have so much fun there! summer on the west coast in beautiful however, 'summer' is a relative term. make sure to check the weather before you go and bring lots of different clothes for all kinds of weather.

btw, you are officially signed up now for teaching me how to surf after kona :), i've always wanted to learn.

July 6, 2008 at 9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home