Aloha!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Victoria Training Camp Day 3...

5:45am: Quiet time...

6am : Breakfast

6:45 am: Swim practice. This was an amazing swim for me. Last year I swam under coach with a set of 10x100 on my IM goal pace and pretty much was belly aching because it is a meter pool and long and I hated swimming- blah blah blah. It hurt, I was barely making my goals of 1:20, in fact, I wasn't. I was doing 1:24's and 1:20's on the "good ones". This year, he gave us 12x100 but TWICE through as the main set. Same meter pool, same coach, same everything, BUT better attitude.

AND this year I made all 24x100 on 1:16-1:20 (and only a couple were 1:20!!!). I was stoked to have made that much improvement. From 10 to 24 x100's and cruising under the 1:20. A nice 5,000 meter swim and all I could do was think about FOOD!

9:am: Eat.

9:15 am: Meeting with Terry. I had an awesome meeting with sports psychologist Terry Orlick. Just incredible how much he can help with the battles in the mind that limit us in sport. That is all I will say about my meeting... and that it was INCREDIBLE... I am ready... let's race.

11am: Chat with coach. I totally love my chats with coach (even though more times than not I am in tears). But today was easy...IM Canada planning... that's it... he gave me a surprise too. I LOVE surprises! Check it out! Thanks for my new visors coach!


12:30: quick eat and goof off in the Lifesport Office with Janet, Shantel, & Sam

1:pm: Bike ride through the country (all base! Phew...). Oh man it was breath taking! Very few places capture my heart like the beach, and the one that does is the country! Just LOVED every rolling hill, all the flats, the cows, even the horse poo smells, the giant pigs, the tractors, I just could not stop staring! Felt like a kid on my bike!






4Pm Swim at Durance Lake: Goal-hit the beeps! Yes, we had to swim with the tempo trainers in the open water and every beep-beep-beep we had to take a stroke! Main set was 6x300's and I just held on to Lisa the Olympians feet! I literally did not let myself get off her feet. I made it my lesson in drafting.



6:pm Dinner! : Finally a REAL sit down meal! Today was nothing but training! (either my body or brain) eating was on the GO! We got back to Lisa and I's home stay and pigged out! Janet, Lisa, Sam, and I literally enjoyed EVERY single bite that Donna made for us!

7pm: shower

7:20 pm: Call Jim and Kainoa & read a little


8:15pm: Computer


8:30pm: Good Night! Tomorrow is a hard 6:15am swim and 2k run repeats...

Happy Training!



21 Comments:

Blogger D said...

If at any point you are looking for a little "fan action", you can feel free to shoot me one of those visors. I'll tell everyone about how Bree Wee is the bestest triathlete ever! ;)

July 16, 2008 at 7:24 PM

 
Blogger Randy said...

I feel like I need a recovery day after reading this ... I'm exhausted for you. Keep up the good work and happy training. Sounds like a lot of fun, even if it is a lot of work.

July 16, 2008 at 8:32 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Camp sounds like a blast Bree!! Great job on the swim - huge improvement from last year, but then again, that doesn't surprise me! Hope those 2K repeats go well today!! :)

July 16, 2008 at 11:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Visors, So Great! Thanks Lifesport...Bree what a great week you are having, take it all in and grow....Tell your homestay family thank you so much for taking great care of you, God bless and in our prayers, Love Mom and Rodger

July 17, 2008 at 1:37 AM

 
Blogger Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Love the visors Bree!! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Great swimming, you should be very please...Coach P should be too! Good luck in the up coming days. Soak it up and ENJOY!

July 17, 2008 at 1:47 AM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Wow - nice job in the pool! And sweet visors!!

Those pigs look DELICIOUS!...

July 17, 2008 at 2:04 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

GREAT job! Hooray for staying on feet during the swim!!! Like Steve said - the piggies looked good. But in a very cute kind of way. :) Happy training - you are doing AWESOME! Say HI to Eileen for me!

July 17, 2008 at 2:54 AM

 
Blogger Flatman said...

BACON!!!!

(nice visors too... )

:)

July 17, 2008 at 2:57 AM

 
Blogger LoveOfShoes said...

LOVE LOVE the pink Visor!

I love swims that just 'come together' like that!

July 17, 2008 at 3:07 AM

 
Blogger TB said...

Wow! Great day!

Hope you are "Paying Attention".

July 17, 2008 at 3:12 AM

 
Blogger Cricket said...

Glad you're having fun! Looks like a beautiful place to train-
The visors are great!
Keep up the good work- you're an inspiration to all!
Love- Aunt Cricket

July 17, 2008 at 3:46 AM

 
Blogger Danielle said...

love your visors!!! Sounds like you are having fun and getting some really great training in!!!

July 17, 2008 at 5:39 AM

 
Blogger Damie said...

I like all of the stuff with the sports psychologist...is this the author of the book you were talking about earlier? Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

July 17, 2008 at 7:27 AM

 
Blogger TriGirl Kate O said...

Love the splish suits on three of you!

Whenever I think my training days are hard, I check in on your blog and think, "How can I be tired??? I didn't do didley squat compared to Bree!"

Sounds like an amazing time. Enjoy.

July 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Nice visor. The 5k swim sounded easy for you. I went 4.1k yesterday but felt really tired during and after it. Today I went 4k but felt a little better. Maybe I need to see a psychologist, too.

July 17, 2008 at 10:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I pick up one of those visors?! I feel like such a bree wee groupie....HEHEHEHEHE. I love reading about your adventures. Is it fair to say I am a little envious of your country side riding. Enjoy. Miss ya Heather

July 18, 2008 at 1:44 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

Snort snort. Love the picture of the piggies.

If you ever get a chance I would love to read your thoughts on what was your breakthrough in the swimming. I know you got a whole new stroke and all, but doesn't that usually take YEARS to perfect? For you it was like you got it in a week!

Hope the camp continues to be as fun as it sounds.

July 18, 2008 at 2:14 AM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Man I wish I could train like that! Awesome pool times, you are going to rock IM Canada!

July 18, 2008 at 5:22 AM

 
Blogger shawn and tracy said...

You are such a fish...teach me ;-) Love the visors...
Tracy

July 18, 2008 at 8:00 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

I'm with Randy. I feel like a lard ass after reading about your day!

Look at all the splish suits!

July 18, 2008 at 2:43 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Way to rock the pool Bree! Sweet new visors too. I gotta get speedy like you so I can get my own like that...

July 19, 2008 at 4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home