Aloha!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gettin' Jiggy...


Do you see that bike? Can you read that name? My poor bike is being violated!


My bike found a boyfriend! I went to pick up my bike (she was getting all beautified for her race in Canada). She did NOT want to leave Bike Works! Seriously, I know the bike mechanics there, they are pretty good at shining things and rubbing down the frame, fixing derailers, changing tires and all that other bike stuff...but I don't know it they are that much fun! Just kidding guys...

So I scoped the scene a little better... it was another bike. Not just some bike getting fixed for the guy down the road or another triathlete. It was Spiderman's bike. My bike was cuddling in the corner of Bike Works with Toby Maguire's bike. I had to break it up. I had to end the madness and tell my bike to GET HER HEAD in the game! Race day is coming and I can't have her day dreaming about Toby's bike and her new summer fling!

My bike is officially off limits to sleep overs in bike shops from now on! If you see any little Scott Contessa mutts running around please send them my way... my bike is grounded till race day! And Toby (I mean Spiderman)... shouldn't you be saving a city or something! There is no time for biking in Kona! And keep your naughty Colnago on a leash!

As for me... Just over a week till the big day. Today was my last feisty run. 11 speedy miles and the legs are ALIVE! No pain, no injuries, a little pooped (but that is FINE it is TAPER time!) Tomorrow is my last ZIPPY ride ( I do have more runs and rides) but tomorrow is gonna be ZIPPY! I got new ZIPPS... and tomorrow I test ride them!

Happy taper to everyone that IS in taper mode and keep your bikes LOCKED inside if you live in Kona, Spiderman is on the loose and his bike is up to no good!



19 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

That is RI-DONK-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tobey freakni Maguire...well, rest assured, he's married, and I do believe has a kid. He seems too decent to cheat!! How freakin funny!!! And the more ridiculous part is I would be more excited if my bike were next to YOU (or some other famous pro tri person) than Tobey Maguire!!!!!!!

August 13, 2008 at 2:30 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Wait, this is really his bike. I thought that was a joke.. maybe I just don't get it. Seriously though, would you put your name on your bike? What if I put my name on the bike! It would take up the hold top tube!! You make me laugh.. I love it! Reap the taper, be the taper & enjoy it!!

August 13, 2008 at 2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HIGH-LARIOUS!!!

-Travis

August 13, 2008 at 3:38 PM

 
Blogger Amanda C said...

Love it. Rawk on, Bree and enjoy your taper, you're going to rock IM Canada and I look forward to seeing you on course in your rightful place among the pro chicas in KONA!

RAWK IT!

August 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM

 
Blogger themagicisback said...

LOL! That is too funny! Your bike is cheating on my bike! Wait till the speacialized hears about this one, he'll be in villian spidey mode. HAHA! I have a 4 hour ride tomorrow, so I'll join you on your 2 hours. Tell your Scott to keep her tires inflated until then. LMAO!

August 13, 2008 at 4:28 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Bree.....are you feeling OK..did u forget to take your meds again..HA HA!!! So I like your little imaginary story so I will play along...when the bikes have baby bikes...Can I PLEASE have one of the speedsters??? You are funny :) Have fun with your taper!!

August 13, 2008 at 5:55 PM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

if you remember he got married in a "secret" ceremony in Kona about this time last year. Likely he's back in town for a few weeks for his one year anniversary!

Let's go chase him down on the Queen K! Better yet, lets just blow right by him!! haha!

August 13, 2008 at 7:40 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

You're so funny Bree. If there are any little Scott Contessa mutts running around Kona, how much would you sell one for? I need a new bike.

August 13, 2008 at 8:28 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Bree-Best of luck at IMC. I'll be sending race vibes to you from across the Pacific! Kick some ass and have fun doing it!
Lisa

August 13, 2008 at 10:06 PM

 
Blogger Damie said...

I didn't catch the name the first time I read the post. So funny- it is amazing what things you run into on that island! Happy taper- you sound like you are feeling good!

August 14, 2008 at 2:09 AM

 
Blogger Flatman said...

Those Italians (calnagos) are such sluts... ;)

New zipps, huh??? What, no pictures? I love your bike.

Rest up! It's almost time....

August 14, 2008 at 3:28 AM

 
Blogger beth said...

wow! you should take tobey out for a ride (and drop him like a bad habit!!!) just kidding. you are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too nice for that. i can't believe it's almost time! you are going to do an AMAZING job.

August 14, 2008 at 3:37 AM

 
Blogger Madisonduo said...

You are HILARIOUS!

Love the storytelling i.e., Spiderman's bike, not Tobey's, but Spidey's, naughty Colnago, bike sleepovers, bike babies.

OMG, too funny!

Have fun on the new Zipps! We'll be cheering you on from Madison, WI on race day :)

August 14, 2008 at 4:37 AM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

Bree---keep tobeys bike away from yours..... we don't want any little tricycles to come out of that union...

do you think spidey can do a tri???

good luck next week...

August 14, 2008 at 6:00 AM

 
Blogger Cy said...

Happy bike equals FAST bike!!

Hold on tight!

August 14, 2008 at 6:37 AM

 
Blogger jahowie said...

This is hilarious!! Your bike is ready, and you will be too. I can't wait to read the race report.

August 14, 2008 at 7:10 AM

 
Blogger Amber Dawn said...

Have a great race in Penticton, it is my most favorite place to be this time of year- enjoy the dry heat!!
Kick some butt, can't wait to see you racing in Kona!

August 14, 2008 at 9:15 AM

 
Blogger Ashley said...

if the hook up did happen... that would be one FAST mut. Have a grrrrreat taper.

August 14, 2008 at 10:04 AM

 
Blogger rr said...

OMGosh, that is hilarious!! Your bike is Mary Jane. I love it. Say hit to Tobey..

August 14, 2008 at 2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home