Aloha!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ironman 08 Photos...

Shelby S... laughing in her Splish!
Luke...


Bryan Rhodes, and Mel, I did give him a HUGE smack for you!





John Pink! He was a crowd favorite, last time he tried the IM he was attacked by man-of-war and ended up in the emergency room! This year he was outta the ocean in a 54 or something fast like that!
Doug...
Dan...
Mark...

D messing around! Hey, how'd you get that Boca shirt anyways!?
Katya about to climb Palani...
Adrian in his first IM...
The Ross at mile 10... go Island girl go!
Mike Lovato! We were shocked to see him in 9th! He ran like he stole something! He had all the girls screaming and woke up the volunteers!
Corbinator, both feet off the ground flying into 5th! I was crying at this point, I yelled at her so loud to bring it home and she put on this face I have never seen. It was a mix between the Wellington smile and the Sam Mcglone "I am about to kick @$$" face... we all knew then the she was enjoying her day at the office...
Not sure who this pro is, but she had all of us in that (up Palani hill area) really enjoying the cheering/volunteering. She was having a lot of fun out there, laughing, smiling, it nade it exciting. She might give Wellington a run for her $$ in the "loving the race" game! And she took 6th, pretty amazing!



Hillary...
Nina...
Smile!!!!
Going for the win...
Mitch Gold, super bike fixer and Cody's coach!

Gombate Emi!







Sean...cancer survivor!
Tracy, I think she is flipping me off...
Cody down hill, more blurry photos from the worst photographer ever (me!) I think next year I'd be better off racing than snapping photos and cheering...

Mi amigo favorita going for the finish! Vaya Vaya!!
Maggs looking good... run Oahu girl run!
Kona pal hanging out... what we do best!
Granger having more fun and the man behind her wouldn't pass her because he liked the view... should have seen her at the finish line!
Lucy and her wedgie!
Akira the Hilo superstar!
Kimmy on the run!
Naomi stoked to be in Kona!

Mrs. Marr lookin' fabulous as always! GOOOOO Hawaii girl!
Corbinator smiling! She made my camera blurry, we clocked this one a 6:50 mile just before the Palani climb! YEEHAWWWWW
Jo Lawn, she wanted to trade me spots...
TJ and his Honey taking a short

Magg's armpit (I was voted worst photographer by this point in the day)
Desiree...
Chrissie in the lead, again...
I don't know who this is, but we did everything we could to get the pros to smile, we told him something like his shoes look hot and he almost cracked a smile...
Fernanda Keller... she is the reason I started racing in a swim suit only, all about the Brazilian Beaches!
Ross on a mission...
Rachel's biggest fan!
Laura Sophie!
Cy on her first IM and 100th race of the season!
Jaqui, she by far had the biggest smile of the day!
GO Tracy!!!


Katya about to pass some men...
Faris, he was top secretly my pick for the winner...
Potts, daddy long legs!
Mike F, Oahu boy...
Natasha (darn it! Can't flip her photo!) She was my woman's win pick...
Hillary tuffing out her 100th IM of the season...
Kate Major (don't know how to flip the photo), I thought it was Linsey with that shirt...
Naomi I, my Japanese super friend! GOMBATE!!!
Lieto...
Our winner... WoooHOOOO!
Tyler Stewart
Top local boy, Luis De Latorre!

Cody smiling...
The Norminator...
Go KIM!!!
Wellington starting the run...
Cowman and me waiting for the Corbinator... HURRY LINSEY (she was in 3rd!!)



#835 getting in the way of my Rachel Ross photo...
Dan Hodel, barely able to move his neck just last week! But he did it!
Nice fish Wendy! & congrats on your first IM!
GREAT day for a swim, MANY PR's and only 2 people didn't make the swim cut off! Way less than usual! Here is the last finisher to make the cut off...

Cody my favorite training partner...on his way to a PR!
Tom Solis

18 year old Kona boy (TJ Foster), youngest male IM Hawaii finisher!

Kim Loeffler(above) and Katya Meyers (below)


Pablo, my A






















Words can not sum up the day. Of course it started early, the excitement and emotions were at an all time high (even as a spectator/volunteer)... I started off on the pier with local gal Kaitlen. We were the Vaseline and sunscreen chicks... that made for some fun jokes at 6am. Need some rubs?

Then we were on the run course, "Great job, up Palani, looking strong", and "way to go, almost done" were our 2 best lines! Along with, "nice speedo", "I like your shoes", "lookin' good", and "Big Island locals rule!"

And the highlight of the day... Linsey Corbin, friend & Lifesport Teamie Finishes as top American and 5th pro female! Heck Ya Corbinator!!! Thought for sure I would shed a few tears, but the excitement of seeing her have a solid swim, move up on the bike, then put together a solid run kept me on the edge of my seat and I forgot all about myself not racing.

Being at the race live and experiencing the drama sure was a way to end the season. I also took 214 photos but blogger is being a pain and I can not upload them right now!!! So here are a few, tomorrow I will try to get the rest of the bike and all the awesome run photos on here, including the American Champ in her cowboy hat!

Wat to go athletes!



31 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

You were a motivation to all the competitors. It was nice seeing you there cheering them all on. You did great on your first year as a pro and you'll get Kona next year.

October 11, 2008 at 7:47 PM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Sounds like an amazing day! The vaseline and sunscreen must have been fun - I'm sure the athletes appreciated your jokes before the race! :) Thanks for the pictures - they look great!

October 12, 2008 at 2:24 AM

 
Blogger Leah said...

Fun pictures! Sounds like an incredible day. Can't wait to hear more.

October 12, 2008 at 3:12 AM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Sounds like you made the most of your day...racing or not!! Glad it was so fun for you...and can't wait to see all your pictures! :)

October 12, 2008 at 6:46 AM

 
Blogger Samantha said...

I love all the pics. I followed on and off all day on ironmanlive, but seeing close up pics is way better. glad you had a blast out there!

October 12, 2008 at 9:49 AM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

What great pictures! It was so exciting following along from home, it must have been amazing to have been there! Thanks so much for sharing the experience from a Pro's standpoint now and all year long!!

October 12, 2008 at 10:29 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Awesome pics Bree! Thanks so much for posting 'em all.

October 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM

 
Blogger LoveOfShoes said...

Great pics, Bree!! Thanks for sharing

October 12, 2008 at 12:31 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Fantastic photos! Thanks for the super shots of two of my favorites, Michael Lovato and Paul Todd!

Oh and that Craig guy, you know, the guy who won, great shots of him as well.

Looks like you had a fun day. I look forward to more photos.

October 12, 2008 at 1:12 PM

 
Blogger Amy Beth Kloner said...

Holy cow you took a lot of pictures! And you undoubtedly brought a lot of sunshine (as if they needed more!) and energy into many of those athletes out there. That's what it's all about.
~amy

October 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

Thank you so much for all the great photos, Bree! I may not be able to run you down, catch you on the bike, or out-swim you, but I think I could take you in the World's Worst Photographer competition.

Do you just KNOW all these people, or how were you able to recognize them??? I recognize most of the names, but I wouldn't know a top triathlete if one knocked me over at a race expo!

Things I learned from your pictures:
Even fast people look like they're hurting sometimes
None of my running photos look that good, maybe that's part of my problem – I don't run sexy enough
Spectators seem to be having a HELL of a lot more fun than the competitors.

Thanks again for sharing!

October 12, 2008 at 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

GREAT photos! Looks like a blast!! (AND the undies run looks GREAT!)

October 12, 2008 at 4:03 PM

 
Blogger D said...

Ooooh... I should have known better than to pose for that pic hehe. Maggs hooked me up with the shirt. Gotta support the peeps in style!

Glad to see you out there having a good time and big smile. It was quite the day :)

October 12, 2008 at 4:32 PM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Nice pics..also is it true you committed to a race in CT next summer? I was reading my tri club forum and saw a link for
www.rev3tri.com
I looked at the maps for the bike and run routes and they go over most of my training routes, which if that's the case bring your climbing gears.Good luck in 09 and enjoy the off season It was good following your blog this year.

October 12, 2008 at 4:42 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Oh how fun Bree...and THANK you for giving BR the SMACK..you needed to re-pay him back from St.Croix...I am still in San FRan and just now being able to get to computer...I missed the whole darn race...but with all your fun photo's even the arm pit/slanted photos...made missing it not so bad..so THANK YOU:)

October 12, 2008 at 4:48 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Thanks for all your hard work to enable me to see everyone we know and not just the top pros. You must be more tired being a volunteer than actually doing the race. I felt tired enough just watching the race in bed in between cat naps. I heard them say on the program that if you win the Hawaii Ironman just once, then you never need to qualify again. That would suit you, because you could then just stay in Hawai'i and do the race every year.

October 12, 2008 at 4:55 PM

 
Blogger Damie said...

Bree
Thanks for posting all of these! I know it was such a pain, but it is so motivational to me to see all of these pics!

October 12, 2008 at 4:58 PM

 
Blogger Sue said...

Hope you got the gift we gave to your coach..got in a day late, enjoyed the race..many many photos, cool day and night...here until Tuesday...would love to run into you...

October 12, 2008 at 8:05 PM

 
Blogger Randy said...

Hey Bree, thanks for posting all the photos. I almost feel like I was there. Oh, wait. I was there. Thanks anyhow, there great.

October 12, 2008 at 9:33 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Hey Bree, Thanks for the photos! Just a thought, maybe try using Google Picasa to upload them all and linking to the website on your blog.... Viewers don't have to have an account to view them like other picture websites.

Looks like you had fun! :)

October 13, 2008 at 3:49 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer Cunnane said...

I loved the photos! It made my day and it was so inspiring - probably most so by the picture of the person with no legs??? Give that man the kona champion trophy!!! I am sure you will be giving all the pros a run for their money next year - can't wait!

October 13, 2008 at 4:48 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Great pics! Now I feel like I didn't even need to go to feel the excitment!!

October 13, 2008 at 5:35 AM

 
Blogger Iain Banks said...

Great shots Bree.....I'm surprised you had time for photos with all the cheering and stuff :-)

October 13, 2008 at 6:24 AM

 
Blogger jahowie said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. Very inspirational. :-)

October 13, 2008 at 7:38 AM

 
Blogger Pedergraham said...

Thanks so much for the photos and your live blog reports from the week. You really helped make he event come alive. I am still giggling at that shot of Kainoa's bum!

October 13, 2008 at 11:21 AM

 
Blogger Ashley said...

THANK YOU, thank you for the photos!!!! What a race.... can I come take pics of you out there next year?!

October 13, 2008 at 3:23 PM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

aaahhhhh is this ALL the photos you took?

had fun with you on race day. Next year will be a different fun!! :)

October 13, 2008 at 8:53 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

GREAT PICS, BREE!!! Thanks for sharing all the Kona love and excitement to those of us who couldn't make it off the mainland.

It was truly an awesome day. :)

October 14, 2008 at 8:00 AM

 
Blogger Shawn and Tracy said...

Just for the record I was pushing my sunglasses up but wow it does look like i am flipping you off he, he. Thanks for the cheers, it helped me out a tone.
Tracy

October 14, 2008 at 9:05 AM

 
Blogger Maggs said...

Thanks for the cheers! next year we'll all be cheering you on (and taking pictures of your armpits!)

October 14, 2008 at 8:14 PM

 
Blogger luky begum said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.
Swim lessons

August 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home