Aloha!

Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Here...

Almost show time... how do I know?! Other than the fact it's Friday and the race is Sunday... MY SUIT CAME! Dawn at Splish is notorious for getting my suit (in this case a handful of suits) to me just before showtime no matter what state/country I am in! LOVE it!

Not only that but the "call" came too! If I am not racing with coach within reach he always has a "call". It came today... let's just say last race of the season involves FUN! "Hook em' Horns"

A beautiful long-legged Blue Seventy speed suit showed up too! Feels a lot Christmas in Austin... I got to swim with Terra Castro at Barton Springs, one word for that place, "BEAUTIFUL". We also bumped into Mary Eggers there, decked out in a swim helmet! BUT, did you know toplessness is totally legal in Austin?! The deal is, wherever a man can have a shirt off so can a woman! Talk about I am going home with some tanness up top! (just kidding, but I am tempted...)

This came too! No joke! With an I-Tunes gift card! Turns out Team Blanton thinks I am too far behind the times not owning an I-pod...or else they are trying REALLY hard to make me sit on my bum and rest... knowing the only way to stop me was to get me addicted to a computer...down loading music... in any case, THANKS!

AND these I just had to buy! Jack and Adams, the second coolest bike shop ever (second only to Bike Works), has the most fun speed laces ever invented! (don't worry Brooke, I got you some too)! AND anyone else in Kona having a special request speak now or forever hold your peace! Got one request for Texas hot sauce and one for a Longhorn 70.3 visor... anything else!??

Now one of the most fun things that came in for Vicki, in her mailbox, since I am hogging it, was the new Bike Mag... BUT LOOK!! One of the coolest gals ever in the world (and a favorite teammate of mine) is on the cover! Lookin' hot Katya Meyers!!

In other news... my bike is ready to go. The Jack and Adams gang fixed my lovely flat in record time. Last night I got to visit the most GIGANTIC Whole Foods ever! The mother of all Whole Foods! Met up with the Cotter's for a little catch-up and dinner. Tonight we are heading to Austin Java for a little fun with some local athletes and teammates Josh and Caroline...

Then the craziness of packet pick up, debriefing, meetings, and bike check all happens tomorrow...

Almost show time, BEST to everyone racing and SAFE travels to everyone traveling!



16 Comments:

Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Tell Mary Eggers HI! from me - and give her a HUGE hug. Oh yeah - and make sure she uses the swim helmet AND the fuel belt. :) Sounds like you are ALL READY - yea yea yea! Have a blast and have fun racing! I'm cheering for ya!

October 3, 2008 at 12:16 PM

 
Blogger Sue said...

Wow...we had this great guy named Doug Johnston from Austin stay with us for IM CDA..he brought us a Jack and Adams bike shirt for my Peter that races on a Jr. Team..Super bike shop. Sounds like your ready for the grand day...race fast...looks like you need a little cool case for that little cool ipod...Hmmm..will see what we can do about that..

October 3, 2008 at 12:21 PM

 
Blogger The Lazy Triathlete said...

Wow!! Got to love an early Christmas. Good luck on Sunday.

October 3, 2008 at 12:32 PM

 
Blogger Meredith said...

In Columbus, OH, women are totally allowed to go topless too! Weird, eh?

October 3, 2008 at 12:38 PM

 
Blogger Damie said...

oooo I love you your new splish! Love, love it! It will be a good suit for you! It does sound like Christmas down in Austin- I am glad your last race of '08 is going to be so much fun!

October 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

More topless news please.....

October 3, 2008 at 2:16 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

It's time to do it again, Bree, it's time to bring the first prize back to Hawai'i! Have a good one on Sunday!

October 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

 
Blogger Lisa G said...

Have an awesome race on Sunday! And fun is definitely the way to go with a race plan!

October 3, 2008 at 4:00 PM

 
Blogger E.L.F. said...

WEE - you called my phone today. I noticed the 808 area code and then heard you talking to another woman on the voice mail. It was like that time Kainoa called me. I guess I am pretty high up on the speed dial? GOOD LUCK on Sunday :) See you SOON! I will be swimming T, Th, F, Su, M. And running. And biking. I'm going to drag you along for something. 112 miles on Wednesday followed by 48 minute run?

October 3, 2008 at 4:03 PM

 
Blogger TATI said...

good luck bree! you'll have a blast for sure. ahh whole foods austin- the best piece of real estate on earth.

October 4, 2008 at 2:55 AM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Tex-mex chili is great for post race, not so go for pre race...have fun..end the season on a high note.

Go get'um

October 4, 2008 at 3:13 AM

 
Blogger Roo said...

I went crazy in the Whole Foods too! I was even a total dork and took some pictures. See you out there on the course! (Okay, so I probably won't actually see you during the race unless you're lapping me on the run, but I'll look for you after!)

October 4, 2008 at 3:37 AM

 
Blogger Huberbikes said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 5, 2008 at 7:26 PM

 
Blogger Braised & Confused said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 5, 2008 at 7:28 PM

 
OpenID dylanrist said...

see you in Kona soon so you can show me the ropes at masters practic! Dylan

October 5, 2008 at 7:30 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Glad you had fun in Austin. Whole Foods there is the bomb. I saw you at the athlete's pannel, but I was too much of a dork to ask for a pic.

October 7, 2008 at 5:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home