Aloha!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Got Straps?


Oh boy...
Me and my "issues" with heart rate monitors... Just never liked the things. Not to good at keeping them, always losing or breaking them. AND this year was the most disastrous...

5. (FIVE!!). I went through 5 heart rate monitors in one season! Can someone PLEASE sponsor me a few dozen heart rate monitors a year... it would really save me $$$.

As I was cleaning out my bags, doing laundry from IM Florida, and searching for who knows what... I found a few straps. The only thing is... they are not mine. They belong to training partners, friends, and team mates trying to save me from coach. I want to give them back...

Calling Travis Blanton, one of them is yours. If I were you I would let me keep it. I wore it (not mine) during Ironman FL. Yeah, 140.2 stinky, sweaty miles are now reaking in your HR strap.

Calling Pablo Ureta... um... yours is really bad. It is caked in sand and sunscreen. It smells like I left it at the beach and it rotted in dead seaweed.

Coach Dan... I will bring it to you when I visit Victoria in 2009. Just you wait till you get yours back! ha ha ha ha....GROSS!

And the other one... not sure who I got that from... if you are missing a HR strap I might have it...



11 Comments:

Blogger Shawn and Tracy said...

He, he, you crack me up! My count for the year was two and I had to borrow a 3rd in Kona from a good friend. If you get hooked up send them my way next;-)
Tracy

November 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM

 
Blogger D said...

I'm missing one, but I know you don't have it. That said, if you have an extra Polar one... send it my way!

November 8, 2008 at 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

You're so funny. How's everything? Let us know if we can do anything for ya. We've been praying for you.

November 8, 2008 at 9:41 PM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Gross. Burning them might just be the best option. It sounds like quite a funk.

;)

November 9, 2008 at 4:57 AM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

I went through 3 this year too. I'd like Suunto to sponsor both of us!

November 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Couldn't Splish sew a heart rate strap into your race bikini? Hey, Bree!If you have a minute to spare and want a laugh, see my new video!

November 9, 2008 at 7:20 AM

 
Blogger Beth said...

You crack me up Bree! I made it through the whole season with just one but let me tell you...that strap does not smell so good... :) Hope you have a great day!

November 9, 2008 at 9:15 AM

 
Blogger Roo said...

I hate them too so I know none of those are mine because I never take one anywhere. I'm convinced I can't breathe with one on. Some sort of weird hr strap claustrophobia!

November 9, 2008 at 9:36 AM

 
Blogger rr said...

Oh my dear sweet Bree, how many times are we going to have to tell you it's 140.6? ;)

Just say no to HRMs!

November 9, 2008 at 10:01 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

Haha! Sounds like something that might happen to me. Hope they all make it back to their rightful owners, maybe AFTER a nice soak in the sink (sans electronic parts, of course).

Eew.

November 10, 2008 at 8:29 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Put those straps in the washing machine in one of those net bags. That will get the stink out.

November 10, 2008 at 6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home