Aloha!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feliz Navidad!!

This is the BEST Christmas ever! EVER! Ever! To have gotten to spend so much of it in Costa Rica with my best friends and now with my beautiful family. What a dream come true for me... All the running and surfing a girl could handle. As many walks on the beach, sunsets, and smiling as one person could handle... living...

My best friend and me. Since we were 16 we have been chasing waves and sunsets together... here we are now, 29 and it has been nearly 5 years since we surfed together... we played a little game 20 before sunset (tried to catch 20 waves before sunset). The competitor in me came out and I got 17. The calm, wait for the good waves in him, took only the best waves and he scored 8. I owe it all to riding his magic board...

At home... my home sweet home... the place I am most happy and most myself... dreaming here on the log at sunset...
The best little local restaurant!! Owned by our friends Diego and Estephen...

Rigo, Alberto and I down at Tulin...


Gliding from the Chiclet Trees of Playa Hermosa with Josh. He was pretty sure I had the ugliest feet he ever saw (from 4 Ironmans in one year)... I assured him his smell worse... funny how the gang thinks my new job in triathlon is so wild and crazy. But they love it. I think they are crazy riding waves taller than my house!
From the tree tops of Hermosa, LOOK coach, I wore a helmet!!

Juan y yo, no hay olas!! He told me I need to move home... I think he is right...

A walk on the beach with Alberto and my little Tallulah dog... we raced barefoot too, he won! He has been beating me running for over 11 years! I told him next time I will win!
Tallulah I miss you!

Sticky bumps and coconuts...

This trip was so healing to my heart and soul! Like we were 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, again I was laughing outloud and smiling from my heart. This is my favorite photo (look like a nerd) but because I was laughing so hard it hurt and smiling so big it hurt. I was chasing my camera in this foto. The joke is since I have been coming to Playa Hermosa I have never let the camera out of my hand. I take fotos of everything I see so I never miss it. Alberto stole my camera and was treating me the way he did when he stole my wax for the first time 11 years ago...

Hope everyone has an incredible Christmas... may all your dreams come true!!

PS... coach, I sprained my ankle... gotta love rocks!

.



22 Comments:

Blogger Charisa said...

Fun times - Merry Christmas Bree, glad you are having an awesome trip!

December 24, 2008 at 6:52 AM

 
Blogger Missy said...

That's not the look of a nerd...that's the look of a really, really happy and fun time. Laughing hard is totally underrated.

December 24, 2008 at 7:10 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie Corker Irwin said...

NOTHING! beats HAPPY!
May 2009 bring you heaps of happy, Bree!
Merry Merry Christmas:)

December 24, 2008 at 7:15 AM

 
Blogger Serena said...

I need that top!!! Merry Christmas Bree. Serena

December 24, 2008 at 8:40 AM

 
Blogger MadisonDuo said...

Merry Christmas Bree & Happy New Year!

You are one amazing woman and your blog is very inspirational to read. You write from the heart everytime and it is so refreshing. :)

Enjoy your time with family over the holidays! Jen

December 24, 2008 at 9:10 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

You deserved a good trip! happy holidays!
-marn

December 24, 2008 at 9:32 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Merry Christmas Bree!

You can never look like a nerd wearing that sweet Volcom shirt!

P.S. 3-4ft surf here on the east coast, but you prolly wouldn't bother paddling out after your Costa trip.

December 24, 2008 at 10:03 AM

 
Blogger Chloe said...

Not too many people can say where they have found a place where they feel completely happy, content, and at home. You are so lucky to know exactly where that place is!

PS - chest high surf in Pensacola Beach. Tons of people out there enjoying their christmas eve!

Have a great holiday!

Chloe

December 24, 2008 at 10:47 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love to see you soaking up the good vibes and happiness!

December 24, 2008 at 1:14 PM

 
Blogger Train-This said...

Merry Christmas BREE!

December 24, 2008 at 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2008 at 3:38 PM

 
Blogger Shawn and Tracy said...

All the best Bree! Love the pic's you look truly happy.
Tracy

December 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM

 
Blogger Jenna said...

Happiness has found its way to you. What a great way to end a year and start anew :) Have a great Christmas and a Wonderful 2009. And I bet the only thing that tops your trip is having your little one run into your arms when you see him again!!

December 24, 2008 at 6:02 PM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Merry Christmas Bree! Hope the ankle is OK! I'm stuck at home with the flu for Christmas - yay!

December 24, 2008 at 6:20 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Merry Christmas Bree!!!

It looks like you are having a super wonderful time in CR. Can I say that I am very envious of your Zip Line Tour? I have wanted to do that for a few years now even though I have a big fear of the feeling of falling. I think that it would be totally exhilarating.

Continue having as much fun as you can!

December 25, 2008 at 2:01 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

¡Feliz navidad, chica! It looks like such an incredible trip!

I asked Santa for your life for Christmas.

December 25, 2008 at 3:29 AM

 
Blogger greyhound said...

Merry Christmas, Bree. I saw some of the Costa Rica pictures from when you were a kid, and it made me think: I hope my daughter has some of your fearlessness and zest, while I hope I have the guts not to panic.

All the best for an overflowing 2009.

December 25, 2008 at 4:32 AM

 
Blogger untpawgal02 said...

Happy Holidays Bree! Happy you are having an awesome time on your trip :)

December 25, 2008 at 9:39 AM

 
Blogger rr said...

Merry Christmas Bree!! Glad you're having such a wonderful time, it looks like the perfect way to wrap up your year.

December 25, 2008 at 9:54 AM

 
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! Merry Christmas!!

December 25, 2008 at 10:12 AM

 
Blogger Val said...

Mele Kalikimaka

December 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM

 
Blogger TICA MACHA said...

I see you hooked up, and you're right in my backyard (hermosa beach) and the canopy beside me.
GIRL!!? I'll keep looking for you. Boy HOWDY, Alberto looks happy too.
Teri
did you see my photos on the wall at Diego's?

December 25, 2008 at 3:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home