Aloha!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

On Hawaii Time...

I have no idea what time it is... Hawaiian time perhaps. Costa Rica was slow, "tranquilla", and very much what my heart and soul needed. Here in Florida it is a bit faster (but my watch is still 5 hours behind). Much of Florida has been spent laughing with my big sister. Feels like old times except instead of picking on our little sister we are up to no good with our sons.


Got kissed by a manatee... that was the highlight this week. Taking the boys to see all the marine life was exciting as it was one of the things my sister and I grew up doing. Kainoa about flipped out seeing 2 little dolphins in a pool the size of a bath tub... nothing like Hawaii to the island boy...

Today we spent on Caspersens Beach collecting sharks teeth and sunshine. Truth be told I was missing Costa Rica. A lot. I can still smell it on my clothes and today sand from the shore breaks of Playa Hermosa was still coming out of my hair. Just for fun I ate beans and rice and I can hardly sleep without dreaming about my moments there...Funny how some memories and moments just never fade... I miss all of you from Costa, you are incredible, tqm, and nos vemos!


I got a handfull of shells. The New Year is almost here and I am more ready then ever before. Ready because all sorts of fun is on the plan and I have SO much to be thankful for. Some new sponsors, exciting races, and I am truly filled with joy like never before. Monday Kainoa and I head back to the island. Thursday off to Canada to train with my coach and a handful of the greatest women I know...

Yesterday was my first swim in a while and I have not seen a "real tri" bike since November. A butt kicking is in store for me and I could not be more eager to get a whooping... this little surfer girl is hanging up the board for a while and ready to rumble with the tri girls...

Almost 09 and this was the perfect way to wrap up an unbelievable year! Thank you so much to all my incredible supporters and family for making it possible! MUCH ALOHA!

Bree


.



18 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Welcome back to the tri world :-)

December 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM

 
Blogger Samantha said...

glad you had a great vacation bree! I won't be in Vic till the 11th for swim camp and whatnot so tell the snow to go away if its still there. ttyl!

December 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you had a great vacation. You deserved it after all the incredibly hard work you did this year.
Oh, we saw your ad in Triathlete Magazine for the Revolution3 triathlon in Connecticut.
Have a safe trip home.

December 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

It certainly was an unbelievable year. If I had been one of your sponsors, I would have got my money's worth, even if just in terms of all the excitement you brought. Take care, and have a great one in 2009!

December 27, 2008 at 10:25 PM

 
Blogger TICA MACHA said...

"These are the days" - don't look back just keep moving forward and you will end up where you want to be. Your friend in Hermosa

December 28, 2008 at 5:21 AM

 
Blogger untpawgal02 said...

You got kissed by a manatee... lucky girl!

December 28, 2008 at 6:15 AM

 
Blogger Wes said...

Cheers, Bree! I hope you have a fabulous 2009. I will be (blog) stalking, and cheering!

December 28, 2008 at 6:25 AM

 
Blogger Lisa G said...

So glad you had such an awesome time in Costa Rica!! But just to warn you - it is pretty darn cold here in Canada right now!!

December 28, 2008 at 7:30 AM

 
Blogger L1z4 said...

Did you know there is surfing on Vancouver Island? There is a secret spot in Jordan River, a few miles past Sooke, and there's a very popular surfing spot in Tofino. You need full wetsuits, including one for your head, because it's a little cold, you can rent them. You should check it out just so you can say that you surfed in Canada in the middle of winter.

December 28, 2008 at 8:46 AM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Looking forward to 09 - it's going to be a fun year!

December 28, 2008 at 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Eileen Swanson said...

Glad you had so much fun in Costa and FL!! Have a great time in Canada with the girls, always FUN! ;-)

December 28, 2008 at 3:27 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

It looks like Kainoa had a blast on the beach with his cousin. It is so much fun watching kids play and be goofy. Have a safe trip home and to Canada. Don't freeze once you get to the Great White North.

I look forward to all of your adventures and reading about all of your races in 2009.

Happy New Year!

December 28, 2008 at 5:50 PM

 
Blogger Maggs said...

Do you know how cold it is in Canada this time of the year...you must be crazy. Have fun up there.

December 28, 2008 at 11:05 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Yep, the new year is nearly here. Have fun training and I am sure will see some great results from you next year. Go girl!

December 29, 2008 at 1:04 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer Cunnane said...

Great job taking the time to relax - you deserved it!

December 29, 2008 at 4:11 AM

 
Blogger GoBigGreen said...

Do you know how cold it is in Canada this time of the year...you must be crazy.

Maggs is right, but heck, "cold hands ( feet, face, butt, ...) warm heart" right!

Enjoy the change of scenary and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

December 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Hey, that bracelet is awesome!

Bundle up for the change in temp next week!!!

December 29, 2008 at 8:55 AM

 
Blogger D said...

I see Maggs has finally realized what I'm living in! haha

How long are you gonna be in Vic for (assuming you're going to Vic)? I've been meaning to take a trip over there. What better reason?? :D

December 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home