Aloha!

Friday, January 16, 2009

My New Ride...

It feels like I just won a FREE one-way ticket to Costa Rica I am so happy! Talk about finding the PERFECT fit! Like a shoe that snuggles your foot, I found the dream bike that snuggles my bum every ride! I have been on good bikes, nice bikes, pretty bikes, NOW I can say I have been (and will be) on the perfect bike for me!

It's only fitting to stick with the Canadian theme I have grown to trust. My coach and Lifesport are straight up Canucks and I wouldn't have it any other way. Perhaps the American gal in me had to cross the boarder to find a bike that fits me too... JUST don't think I plan to ever make the snow any part of my life!

Argon 18
is now part of my family! Yahoooooooooooooooooo! Talk about a dreamy bike...

Even more exciting is that I firmly believe sponsors and supporters have to be family. Some sort of relationship has to be formed to truly help both the athlete be their best and to advance the products. Not only has Argon 18 went above and beyond taking me under their wing (or chain ring), they made sure I have been introduced to the whole Argon 18 family! And in case I was wondering who the brain behind the bike was... they sent me a foto! (seriously, have you ever emailed or even talked to a sponsor and wondered who you are talking to? Kinda funny.) I was sent a foto of my new bike sponsor just so I wouldn't think he was a Canadian Eskimo!


(Marc-Andre... the man behind Argon 18... and his dog, freezing in Canada!)

Argon 18 THANK you a million for believing in me... I am more than excited to be part of the Argon 18 family and have your support! We are in for a FUN-FAST ride this season!

Once "Antonio" is all set up and I am fit on him I will post our foto!! Yes, I already named my new bike, Antonio, the name just fits... looks like a Latin fire cracker of a bike to me (even though it is Canadian).

Here is the Argon 18 press release (read here) in case you are stuck in an airport (I have been stuck here for over 7 hours thanks to fog) and you need something to read to make the time pass...

cha cha cha...

.



20 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

Whoaaa!

That's a hot bike.

You're gonna kick some ass on that.

January 16, 2009 at 12:15 PM

 
Blogger Ricardo said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog during training camp. Have a safe trip back home and hope to see you on the podium very soon. Enjoy your new bike. It is awesome!

January 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Awesome new bike, and congrats on the new sponsor Bree!

Can't wait to see pics of "antonio."

January 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM

 
Blogger Coach Liz said...

That is one sweeeeet bike! The paint job is killer. I only wish I had the legs to fit on a seat post like that or even to be able to put my race number on my seat post for that matter. My stubby legs require that I put my numbers on the top tube.

January 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM

 
Blogger Wet Hair, Warm Heart said...

Beauuuuuuuuuuutiful! I want one.

January 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Go Bree - now you'll be Super Duper fast!! :) Congrats!!

January 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM

 
Blogger D said...

Gimme your Scott! ;) hahaha
And to make you a full on Canadian, we will need to get you to start playing hockey. I'll teach you :D
The stupid fog is pissing me off.

January 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Sweet Ride!!! It looks fast just sitting there like a fire cracker waiting to go off!!!

Cheers to a great season with "Antonio".

January 16, 2009 at 2:08 PM

 
Blogger Samantha said...

ooooh....so pretty. Since you're riding a Canadian bike, is it going to register kmph too? I'll have to keep doing conversions for you. haha. we missed you at swim today. It was another fast day and Coach J "swam" with me and Shelley...aka...she kicked our bums and we went on a different interval.

January 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM

 
Blogger Mama Simmons said...

It'll be like you've got wheels for legs when you're on that thing! Nice.

January 16, 2009 at 5:22 PM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Congrats on a wonderful bike and great sponsors!!!
I followed your whole training (or swim) camp and looks like it was a great experience for you!
-marn

January 17, 2009 at 1:33 AM

 
Blogger bart said...

wow! my dreambike, and it's under your bum!!
congrats! also on finishing off that bloody (litterally)training camp.

January 17, 2009 at 4:17 AM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Sweet "bum-snuggling" ride!! That's awesome!!

I just posted about Pharmie's and my trip to Cozumel! Some of the photos remind me of ones you post now and then! What a trip!! (I have an album of photos on my facebook page too...)

Have a good weekend!!

January 17, 2009 at 5:09 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

Très sexy!

January 17, 2009 at 5:09 AM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart said...

The bike looks like out of this world. Still the main thing is that it fits you, rather than the looks or the name. I actually saw an MTB in a shop that appears to fit me, so I am a little tempted to consider getting it. It won't be fast, but could get me round this island.

January 17, 2009 at 5:15 AM

 
Blogger Leah said...

Nice new wheels! You are going to be unstoppable this year on that ride!

January 17, 2009 at 5:43 AM

 
Blogger Flatman said...

That is an awesome bike, BREE!!!! :)

January 18, 2009 at 4:56 AM

 
Blogger L1z4 said...

The use of the word "Eskimo" in Canada is considered a racist slur, btw. They are known as Inuit.

January 18, 2009 at 9:09 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

sweet ass bike! hey, what kind of seat do you use?! i just wrote a post about my bum bum from being on the trainer so much :(

January 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM

 
Blogger Sarah McMillan said...

Love the new bike! New year new sponsors-Is KSwiss a new sponsor for you as well?

January 18, 2009 at 2:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home