Aloha!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Fortune Cookie...


Not even kidding... today kicked me HARD in the you -know-where! Started with a bike in winds that did their best to blow me off the road into the lava. I was totally captivated by the power of the winds. They amaze me as much as I fear falling off my bike. At one point a car pulled over wanting to help me, a free ride back to town that I did not take... Bob Marley on the IPOD sung me home...

Then I ran. A perfect run on a perfect trail alongside a perfect beach. The run was completely alluring. Whales were breaching so near to shore you could almost hear them. The sun was blazing and mother nature continued to wrap her winds around me. It was one of those runs that you just don't want to end...

Finally a swim. A swim that had me without legs and it was a leg-needed night. My lane mates kept me splashing laps back and forth and Coach Steve's enthusiasm was just what I needed to carry me through a chlorine fest. After a 6hr day a steak burrito is all I wanted. One loaded with egg plant, spinach, and red peppers... you better believe I ate it all too... because tomorrow looks to be another day in "training paradise"...

And a cookie that I gave away to a little boy, but I claimed the fortune...

It was made for me.




19 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

Looks like an awesome burito. And what a fortune cookie - you truly deserved it!

February 25, 2009 at 11:21 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

See Bree, life is good. :)
Love the fortune cookie...perfect for you.

February 26, 2009 at 2:07 AM

 
Blogger Ordinarylife said...

You really should demand an office with a better view...

Looks like an awesome place to train.

February 26, 2009 at 4:03 AM

 
Blogger TriGirl Kate O said...

That fortune is da bomb. I'd have eaten two burritos! I wish my daughter Maddy and I could've joined you on that run--it looks drop dead gorgeous and to see WHALES! (Maddy's totally into whales right now!) Wow.

February 26, 2009 at 4:29 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

You absolutely deserve to have a good time. I don't think I have ever seen a burrito that looks that yummy. Sun, sand and wind - lucky you. Clouds, snow and wind - unlucky me.

February 26, 2009 at 4:48 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Don't you just love it when the universe aligns perfectly?

February 26, 2009 at 7:12 AM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Burrito looks delish'! Your fortune says it all...you DESERVE!

February 26, 2009 at 7:21 AM

 
Blogger Jenna said...

All I have to say is I woke up today and it is -40C outside. My face feels like it is cracking when i walk from my car to my house. We have wind too but it is DAMN cold! I read of your beach run and had to ask why I live here... I will be on the dreadmill tonight trying to pretend there is a beach next to me and whales breaching nearby. And as for that shot of your supper... I need to leave work now because I am suddenly starving!

February 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM

 
Blogger Glen said...

yum yum that food looks so good. Send some over to arizona.

February 26, 2009 at 8:20 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Nice job - WOW the fortune cookie is perfect!!! And the burrito looks awesome... YUM!

February 26, 2009 at 8:39 AM

 
Blogger greyhound said...

No.Way. What a fortune. If it had lotto numbers on the back, I hope you played them.

And boy, do I miss the whales. Two breached in front of our kayak when we visited at Christmas.

February 26, 2009 at 9:36 AM

 
Blogger IAN said...

Man I can't wait to get over there and have an experience like this! You gotta let me know your burrito spots before I go.

February 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM

 
Blogger Kiet said...

Isn't there a game where you add "in bed" at the end of fortune cookie fortunes. Bree, am noticing a couple of themes here in your last couple of posts, strong winds and weird (people in) cars. That second picture is really making me doubt if the Bay Area is the best place to live. Didn't you mention something about a LavaCamp? ;o)

February 26, 2009 at 11:56 AM

 
Blogger Heidi Austin said...

sounds like training paradise to me! so jealous! way to hang tough :)

February 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM

 
OpenID endurancegirl said...

yum.....i want to eat that burrito!!

February 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Love the fortune!! And your love of running :)

February 26, 2009 at 1:50 PM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

I need to train there, instead of this iceland.

Love the fortune cookie.

February 26, 2009 at 2:27 PM

 
Blogger Train-This said...

Awesome.

My son just realized you live near volcanoes. Luc Eggers requests volcano pictures "PLEASE"

February 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

That must be the most awesome thing to see the whales. My excitement today was turning the corner and finding one of the trail rides that was making it's way into Houston for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo that begins tomorrow with the Chili Cookoff. I took it slow going past the horses and the wagons.

February 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home