Aloha!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

So totally in love...

Yes, it was love at first sight. Something about his color. Maybe even his build, strong and sleek. Talk about HANDSOME. Like every new fling just spending time together was enough. Sometimes I would find myself just wishing I could be out with him. The relationship really was growing pretty fast...

This week was different though. The "puppy love" wore off. We spent time enduring "hardships" and "trials". Tuesday we had to endure bitter sweet repeats. Wednesday was a LONG day, a really long one. Winds and storms were blown at us from every angle. Today was supposed to be easier. I believe after every storm there is a rainbow and that we would endure our rainbow soon... but it was more wind. I was tired, he kept on moving forward. He was a mess, I cleaned him up. This week, after spending more time with him than I have any other in my life in a single week, I knew I had found my match...

I am talking about my bike by the way.

This week coach has me doing a bike-block. This will be the most time spent on a bike in a single block than I have ever known. AND I must confess, I CAN HARDLY GET ENOUGH. I am just loving my bike...I actually WANT to ride and LOVE riding again. I went through a phase, the
"No bikes for me for a while" phase. Then I got my beloved Argon. The magic is back. The sparks are flying. Riding is FUN again.


Today's ride was fueled by COOKIES. The Leopold family has a local business of making some incredible cookies and this week they hooked me up. Let me explain... sugar (not in them), preservatives (don't exist). Not sure how it is called a cookie then, but it is and it works. This morning I had one made with black beans. (must be the burrito lover in me to even try such a thing). IT WAS INSANE good! They are made with veggies, fruits, protein sources, pretty much things you can find at a farmers market made into a "cookie".

That's all I am going to say. If you are coming to Kona for Lavaman or Honu or Ironman you should place an order (remember to BUY LOCAL when on the island). click here for info

Happy Riding and eat more cookies!

.



23 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

So glad you love your bike and are having a blast riding (with COOKIES! What could be better!). Very cool! Enjoy the "bike block Bree" - Three B's for good luck!

February 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

So funny! I wish I could love my bike like that - right now we are more "in like." And those are the kind of cookies I need now that I have given up Oreos for the next 40 days. I will have to get to HI and get me some, uh, cookies.

February 26, 2009 at 4:30 PM

 
Blogger ace said...

I'm not so sure which is more important, finding the "right" bike or the meaning to life. Perhaps finding the right bike is the path to discovering life's secrets?

February 26, 2009 at 5:10 PM

 
Blogger MJ said...

HEY!

We rented the house right beside the Leopolds!!! They were the ones that told us about the Peaman race while we were there.

We saw the truck and the sticker on it.... kept trying to get the kids to go next door and ask for cookies because we were too shy.... but the kids were too shy too.

Small world!

Cheers,

February 26, 2009 at 7:09 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I can totally understand your feelings about the bike. I was for much of my adult life regarded by others as being married to mine. Treat the bike well and he/she will provide years of good service.

February 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I am jealous of your relationship with The Bike. New relationships...so fun and exciting! Have fun!

February 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM

 
Blogger Damon Steele said...

Awesome bike. But damn, woman! Put some sun screen on!

February 27, 2009 at 2:55 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Nothing better than love...my bike and I have been together 6 months and I'm still smitten.

February 27, 2009 at 5:15 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

You look like a "Rock Star" in that pic. It's fantastic!!!

Mmm those cookies sound great!

February 27, 2009 at 6:38 AM

 
Blogger Shan said...

Something about all these cookies in your last few posts - black bean cookies, fortune cookies...

I'm hungry!!! :)

So glad you have found your love - finding a good match in a bicycle can take a lot of time!

February 27, 2009 at 7:39 AM

 
Blogger ADC said...

I just love the look (and sound) of your new bike. And I would love to try some of those cookies - they sound awesome.

February 27, 2009 at 9:50 AM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

I thnik my bike and I have a love hate realtionship...it loves the fact I ride it but hates the potholes and road salt and sand common in these parts in winter, may be a counseling session in New Zealand will help it.

I have to admit I have a little case of bike envy going on....

February 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

soooo jealous - i want a new bike!! i'm still waiting for mine...glad that the bike love is back ;)

February 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM

 
Blogger Javier said...

I guess the amazing thing is that I simply assumed you WERE talking about your bike all along! I guess its just Cabin fever and too much time on the trainer or something.

I need a cookie :)

February 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

Bree, that is a great photo of you and your ride. I am so glad he has kept you safe on the windy rides you endured this week.
I think the last month you have covered many places to eat and snack, that I can't wait to try out. I would certainly love to try a couple of cookies right now!!
Have a good weekend :)

February 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM

 
Blogger MaineSport said...

I'm jealous...just had my first ride outside today, 38 degrees, wiped out on the ice. The only ice there is in drinks!

February 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Guess what, I say a couple of Argon bikes in a local shop today and found out they were made in Taiwan and got the name of the manufacturer. So maybe I will try to persuade them to make me a road bike frame! Not easy, but since you ride one, the bikes can't be that bad.

February 28, 2009 at 10:19 PM

 
Blogger beth said...

send some of that bike love to me! i get glimpses, but i think i need a full on bike block to bring the lova )and pain i'm sure

have a good day, can't wait to buy the cookies when i come to honu!!!

March 1, 2009 at 3:11 AM

 
Blogger Liam O'Connell said...

it is also girl scout cookie season. if i have one more thin mint i will snap my frame.

March 1, 2009 at 10:44 AM

 
Blogger Katya said...

can't wait to see you in a few weeks! i was thinking about the kona winds yesterday as we were getting blown all over the place here in maui. . .no wonder you are so tough!

March 1, 2009 at 11:08 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

I like your new lover.....beautiful...and I hope he doesn't cause you any heart aches : )I am excited to follow you this race season!!

March 1, 2009 at 1:06 PM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Glad you and your new bike are getting along well!! I just got a new road bike. Love at first sight and ride too. Will look for those cookies next time I'm there.

March 2, 2009 at 5:56 AM

 
Blogger Dawnie said...

I love those cookies, I bought them everyday while I was in Kona last Oct. Thanks for posting their website.

Glad you're loving your bike. I'm jealous, New England just got dumped on by over a foot of snow yesterday. Back on the trainer I go :(

March 3, 2009 at 2:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home