Aloha!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Suck It Up Princess...

After Monday's pool party with Kainoa there have been no more "happy laps". It has been all about "suck it up princess". Forget the camera and all the pretty Hawaii fotos. (I stole this one from John Pink). I am completely smashed and it's only Thursday!

Putting ramblings on a blog requires tooth picks to keep my eyes open! This week as been hill repeats, mile repeats, 2 hr runs, treadmill (because it was raining one day), chasing whatever local guys would pull me on the bike, laps of Mike Mccary feeding me chlorine for dinner, and forgetting what day it is! This is no training camp, it's me kicking my own @$$...

One of the things that has pulled me through is knowing tomorrow is Tamale Friday. THANK GOD! On Friday's one of the local gals makes unbelievable tamales (12 for 20) and sells them in the Jamba Juice parking lot (Kainoa and I know that spot well).


My hope is that the tamales revive me for the weekend... this party week or crash week (take your pick) is not over yet. Saturday is a time trial (the kind that hurt for 10 miles or till your breakfast barfs out-whatever comes first) a run, and whatever Kainoa wants to do (I hope it isn't anything too adventurous). Sunday is a road race (5 miler) that will turn into another 90 minutes and an ocean swim. Beyond that I have no idea what coach has planned, fingers crossed it's a nap.

Another thing that has pulled me through this week (my time in the gym that is) is this...

No, our gym does not have one of those fancy-make-a-wave-machines... it's the surfer (Shane Dorian). He was born and raised here in Kona and totally motivates and encourages the youth of the islands. He puts on keiki surf contests and special events for the community. He is the best big wave surfer in the world. He's been in the gym a lot lately preparing for something... and knowing he has to be in shape to survive 60ft walls of water really makes what I'm enduring seem like a walk on the beach...

After today's bike-swim-run I had ART/chiro. Nancy looked at me and wondered how I even made it into the office. I told her I think massage is more fun than seeing her and I wished I was home napping or going for a massage, anything to just lay still. The ART you have to push and pull and work through pain and pressure to undo whatever it is you've done. I'm counting that as my 4th training session of the day!

It is now 6:53pm and I am going to bed. Anyone in the Hawaiian Islands come on out Saturday for the first time trial of the year! Starts at 8am, bottom of the big hill (you know the one, just before the airport). And the Sunday road race is 8am from the pier. I will be the one IN the jogging stroller with Kainoa PUSHING ME!

Happy training!

.



15 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Sounds like you deserve the tamales after this week! Way to push yourself and make those workouts count. You're going to have a stellar year!

February 5, 2009 at 7:44 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Well done Bree, sounds like a great training week. And you know it will all be worth it in October ;-) have a good weekend.

February 6, 2009 at 12:16 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

My goodness! Hang in there, tiger!!! I would not want to be between you and a target once you start hitting a peak!

February 6, 2009 at 2:31 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Yowza, that sound like one hell of a training week. All I can say is that you are one bad ass momma for being able to run and push one of those jogging strollers. I tried it once when my little (now big) guy was still into the stroller and I about killed myself. Those things are hard to push! Don't even ask about the time I bought one of those bike "tag-alongs" and tried taking my son on a bike ride with me. Let's just say we never made it out of the driveway.

February 6, 2009 at 2:40 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

That is HARD CORE! Don't you love it when you kick your OWN butt though? Camp really fired you up. It will be exciting to see all the work pay off for you this season. Good luck this weekend.

February 6, 2009 at 4:30 AM

 
Blogger The Lazy Triathlete said...

Sounds like a full week. Other than income, how do you get your hubby to be so supportive? LOL

February 6, 2009 at 4:42 AM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Keep up the hard work and have fun this weekend! :)

February 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You go girl! Just think how fabulous those tamales are going to taste. Have a great weekend!

February 6, 2009 at 7:39 AM

 
Blogger D said...

Treadmill cuz it was raining? I think you still have some more sucking up to do, princess :P

February 6, 2009 at 8:12 AM

 
Blogger Beth said...

I know the feeling Bree!! I'm sure my week hasn't been nearly as hard as yours but it's still kicking my butt! :) Regardless - I hope you have a lot of fun at your races over the weekend. Good luck and keep smiling!! :)

February 6, 2009 at 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Mama Simmons said...

I have that same jogging stroller. Although I don't think mine goes as fast as yours. ;)

Sounds like you're having a great week! Good luck this weekend!

February 6, 2009 at 9:41 AM

 
Blogger wackywarrior said...

How do you do it? If I had 1/2 your energy I'd be a bone.

February 6, 2009 at 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Wow - I feel bad for complaining on my blog! What a week.

Make sure to put some runners on Kainoa if he's going to be pushing you! He is soooo adorable!

Have a great weekend, and how do you get Kainoa to sleep before 7:00 pm? PLEASE tell me, I would LOVE to have my little midget sleeping by 8:00 pm (that would be PERFECT)!!!

February 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Have a GREAT weekend, Bree! Good luck!

February 6, 2009 at 4:20 PM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

WOW, I dont know how you do it all. Great job.

February 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home