Aloha!

Friday, March 20, 2009

It's ALL about the park...

LOTS of hills, a challenging course, super competition, amazing race directors, a safe & friendly location... that's nice. Real nice. Rev3 Triathlon boasts all this and more. BUT the REAL reason I signed up is for the roller coaster!

Lance was wrong, "it's not all about the bike", it's ALL about the park! I know, I know, Jo Lawn, Mirinda Carfrae, Belinda Granger are probably home studying the course maps. Leanda Cave is most likely getting her Blue Seventy ready for the cool, calm, lake swim. Desiree, Kate, and Beka are maybe doing other "pro girl" things like scout out the hotels, race site, and meeting with Charlie and the other race directors. And the men, Cameron Brown, Luke Bell, Tim Berkel to name a few, they are there for the PRIZES! $100,000 in purse for the pros, $20,000 in prizes for amatuers. Not to mention they like to be followed. Yep, Trakkers is fully TRACKING the event! Your family/friends can watch your every move! Not me. None of the above. I am researching the REAL REASON to race REV3... the PARK. Here, my research is done. The reasons to travel from Hawaii to Middlebury, CT are listed:

Roller Coasters

  • Little Dipper
  • Monster (aka Mad Mouse)

Rides

  • Yo-Yo Super Swing
  • Big Flush Water Coaster
  • Bumper Cars
  • Paratrooper
  • Trabant
  • Music Fest
  • Tilt-A-Whirl
  • Frog Hopper
  • Galleon Pirate Ship
  • Train
  • The Giant Slide
  • The Grand Carousel

Kiddie Rides

  • Space Age
  • Playport
  • Wet Boat Ride
  • Flying Dragon
  • Dune Buggies
  • Helicopters
  • Mini- Himalaya
  • Jet Fighter
Okay, are you in?? Wanna sign up? Here, ten bucks says I can ride more roller coasters in an hour than you before barfing up cotton candy. For real, use this code (NSS155) and it takes $10 off your race entry fee. Still not sure... CHECK THIS OUT!! The largest water slide in the world!

Alright, that's all I got. I am counting down the days till this race... it just looks like a lot of fun and a lot of challenging climbs on both the bike & run. Talk about fun for the whole family! June 7, see ya there!!

.



11 Comments:

Blogger t-odd said...

Cotton Candy barf is funny! It sounds like a great race and with all the killer training you have been doing you are going to have a great time. (I dare you to ride the water slide in your aero helmet.)

March 20, 2009 at 3:01 PM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Being from the area...the mad mouse might scare the little guy...my uncle took me on it when I was 5 and it took me nearly 7 years before I got on a roller coaster again.

The lake's not too bad although the bottom is a little squishy from left over leaves from the fall.

I opted to do Providence 70.3 instead but I should be volunteering for this race, also a couple of guys from my masters team are running a home stay. Hopefully I'll see you out there.

March 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

 
Blogger Coach Liz said...

After spending most of my early morning hours taking care of my son as he retched out his guts, I don't want any more barfing. That water slide is a NO GO for me. I'm just too much of a chicken.

Have fun for me.

March 20, 2009 at 5:24 PM

 
Blogger D said...

OMG! You MUST ride the water slide in your aero helmet. I expect pictures. That'd be rad!!!

We call it Wild Mouse here and it scares the living shit out of me. I'll do crazy upside down, feet hanging, g-force lovin rollercoasters, but you can keep your Wild Mouse. No thanks!

March 20, 2009 at 6:17 PM

 
Blogger beth said...

totally bring the aero helmet for the rides. hilarious, D!!! only sad you will miss Honu. SOOO excited for you to GO BIG at rev 3. yippeee!!!!

March 21, 2009 at 3:03 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

oooohhhhh...I want to go ride those rides with you...I love roller-coasters and I am NOT afraid of any of them and I will barf cotton candy with you too:)
BUT I will skip the racing...my bike is still hanging up since July......
AND bring on that water slide (my head is not in the water) so bring it onnnnnnnnn :) miss ya!!

March 21, 2009 at 3:35 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Granted I was only 12 the last time I rode it, but the Mad Mouse is serious business. You feel like you might fall off the tracks at any second!

I'll race you to the front of the line!

March 21, 2009 at 4:43 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love your race prep!

March 21, 2009 at 5:09 AM

 
Blogger Mama Simmons said...

Holy crap that waterslide looks FREAKY!!!

March 21, 2009 at 11:34 AM

 
Blogger Dawnie said...

I worked at Quassy every summer as a teenager (went to school in Middlebury!) I used to drive the train, oh and uh, de-rail it on occasion! No worries, I'll be spectating at Rev3- not conducting the train :) Good Luck, it's a beautiful area.

March 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

You know what, I never bothered to "research" the park yet! But it sounds sooo cool!

I'm planning to go pre-ride the course in about 2-3 weeks... but I doubt it will be open by then. It's still winter around here.

March 22, 2009 at 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home