Aloha!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter in Paradise!

Today was the ultimate Easter Adventure! Rolled out the door at sunrise and to my surprise Dave and Doug were waiting to celebrate with me! Yesterday at the Mac-A-Thon and swim meet I tried to recruit everyone and their dog to ride/run with me... pretty much the entire world was celebrating with a bunny rabbit, so seeing them was a complete shock! I screamed and yelled like a 5yr old girl finding her hidden Easter basket full of treats! It was unreal!




The ride was a nice little 4.5hr session that included 3x20 minutes at zone 3-4 followed up with 6x up a certain little hill. About 10 minutes into the ride I scoop the boys on the fun...they laugh and tell me to have fun, they were going to coffee. At 90 minutes it's time for round one. Dave and I race the entire first round. At 19 minutes he is hating that he came along because the last minute it was whatever we had left and I had a bit more after learning from Luis to dig deep in the final moments of pain. 10 minute recovery... Doug is a few minutes back so we fill up on bananas from the local fruit stand...

That's Hawaii...

Once we get Doug back on the pain train we tell him he needs some gas to keep up... he says something like he ran 16 miles yesterday (I hear that a lot when he gets chicked). Jokes over... it's time for round 2. Round 2 starts the climb out of Kawaihae. Nothing like starting an interval up hill... Dave hangs back with Doug and the two just laugh as I smash myself silly into the 20 minute TT. After 10 minute recovery spin it is round 3 and Dave is recharged and ready to race again. I can tell he was more fresh than me, he never let me get my wheel even an inch in front of him and he kept trying these moves to drop me. With 3 minutes to go I think of Luis and his lesson in hanging tight till the very end, Dave is loving life at this point and we go for the full on sprint finish, it's pretty ugly as snot, spit, and sweat is flying everywhere, there may have even been a few bad words too, but not mine.

The hill was closed, don't worry, Antonio and I jumped the fence...

Ahhh, recovery... till we get to the hill. Now it's me and my hot bike (Antonio), riding the hills alone. The boys left me for jelly beans and marshmello peeps...

The hills weren't too bad, they were only 3 minute sections and the view from the top was worth it everytime. Off the bike it was a 90 minute run. Not too much to tell, run, run, run was all it was...except everyone and their dog was heading to the beach and I was running solo...

Of course no long brick would be complete without burritos! So we got some! AND they were every bite as good as they look!! Finally I got a call from Kainoa, he wanted to swim with mom! Now that's recovery!!


ONE more big week to go, then a bit of recovery, and a flight to Florida!! YAHOOOOOOOO! Hey mom, see ya on the 21st! Please get my room ready and Kainoa asked for oranges!!

PS: I got a message today from the substitute swim coach...

"Don't even think about skipping swim practice in the morning. In fact, you can stay after, and do it a second time with me." - Robin.

I am so busted!

.



13 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

Que buen entreno Bree, me encanta ver lo bien que po pasais.
Muy buenas tus fotos y los burritos! Buen viaje a Florida !
Suerte amiga !! ;)

April 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Nice one Bree. That burito looks awesome.

April 13, 2009 at 1:01 AM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I have many memories of running down that road from the City of Refuge to the Captain Cook bay area. I know the ups and downs of the hills and the hot and windless weather. Bon voyage next week!

April 13, 2009 at 1:40 AM

 
Blogger IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

What I love about your posts is you take a camera crew with you. You kick ass and have a camera to document it all!!
Glad you got some family time yesterday.
I signed up to work St Anthony (in transition). I'll try and come by if I can find you and say Hi.

April 13, 2009 at 2:43 AM

 
Blogger D said...

That ride sounds strangely familiar... like I was supposed to do it on Saturday, but was sick and now I get to do it this Saturday instead (maybe the delay was good cuz it poured rain ALL weekend!).

And the message... awesome.

April 13, 2009 at 2:51 AM

 
Blogger Missy said...

Called out by a substitute teacher, ouch! Now you gotta show, I don't care if you like their style or not:)

I need to get your camera or camera crew, whatever works! Great pictures, always.

April 13, 2009 at 2:54 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

I need to ride more or harder or both. I just go for the burrito. That son of yours is one handsome kid - does he ever stop smiling?

Happy Easter!

Oh, and nice tan lines on the thighs there.

April 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM

 
Blogger rr said...

Kainoa has hair!! When did that happen? It's adorable.

Sounds like a crazy IM training day.. :)

April 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Beautiful pics Bree! I just love following your world....

April 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Mmm, burrito good! It sounds like your 6 hour egg hunt went well.

April 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM

 
Blogger tales of a teenage TRI queen said...

hi, my name is chloe!! I just started a blog, and my friend chloe elfrink said you were awesome, so please check mine out!
http://teenagetriqueen.blogspot.com/

thanks
chloe!!

April 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM

 
Blogger Chloe said...

Ah!! "Little" Chloe is such an awesome chick!

Sounds like a great easter! Love the pictures :) That is awesome that the guys met up with you for the ride!

Have a safe trip to the sunshine state!!

April 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Lisa G said...

What a great Easter weekend! Lots of bike/run and spending time with Kainoa!

Love the bike shorts tan lines by the way!

April 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home