Aloha!

Friday, May 8, 2009

And The Winner Is...


That had to be one of the most fun quizzes I have ever graded in my life! (As a former teacher I have seen all sorts of fun answers on quizzes). The best answers were things like, Madonna in my Ipod, The Electric Eels Swim Team, running with Luis (that's just scary), my bikes name is Guy & Tony, Big Hill scares me, eating popcorn, what about fire dancer (haven't seen him, I'll keep you posted), and is Mango still alive (yes), and the ultimate favorite was, "I only know 4 answers, but I know you like to run in a one piece suit because Fernanda Keller does and she's your favorite pro".

The real answers: Antonio & Juan (long story how I got those names, but a good story), Coach Paul, burritos, Jamba Juice, Kaloko, surfing, Brooke, Playa Hermosa, Teaching, reggae, Pablo, 0, Kona Aquatics & Coach Steve. So many people were SO CLOSE... however, the first one to get them ALL right on their VERY FIRST TRY, no help, was... drum roll please...


Wendy Greenlaw from Memphis, Tennesse!!

I gathered the usual island girl goodies, a Hawaii beach towel, Locals slippers, seaweed snacks, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole island tunes, and things like that. Then I got home from swim practice and the fun got more fun! A couple sponsors wanted in on the action! NO JOKE! It was never the plan but it became too cool. They wanted to hook Wendy up the way they hook me up...

From Argon 18 a T-shirt like the one I wear (see below), Trakkers is pitching in a visor and race belt, a Lifesport T-shirt, from my local bike shop (Bike Works) a water bottle, some NUUN, the Lara Bars I eat, and a Bike Works swim cap and speed laces, from Healing Island massage she gets some Kona Noni oil, the great people at Splish are hooking her up with a new Splish suit, and K-Swiss is sending her the new K ona shoes, a top , and run shorts! From Blue Seventy hot neon pink goggles, and finally, my manager is gifting her with an I-tunes card so she can jam on her Ipod...


Congrats Wendy! I am so happy for you and hope you have as much fun getting mail from my sponsors as I do! My sponsors only request was that I don't play this game every week, ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks to my sponsors for all the fun and hooking Wendy up!

Off to the post office...

.



16 Comments:

Blogger Amber Dawn said...

Nice!!!! I need to check your blog more often, I would have rocked that quiz!!
Way to go Wendy! Enjoy your loot. Nothing better than getting free training shwag in the mail. :)

May 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

Congrats Wendy! This was way fun! Thanks Bree for being one cool chick!

Dolphin Boy!

May 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM

 
Blogger MJ said...

That was the fastest contest ever... It was over before I knew it started... not complainin', just sayin'...

Sweet care package - congrats Wendy!

May 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

Congratulations, Wendy! I'm jealous, but I came too late to participate, so I can't complain :-) And congrats to you, Bree, for doing so well in St. Croix despite a lack of salts. Do you drink Nuun during races, too?

May 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

Wow Congrats !!

Good idea Bree !! you are increible !!

Have fun !!! :DDDDDDD

May 9, 2009 at 1:50 AM

 
Blogger Missy said...

Wendy lives close enough to me...I can find her;) Wow, what a treat, how fun. At least I'll know Wendy if I see her at any races around town. She'll be geared up!

May 9, 2009 at 2:29 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Congratulations, Wendy. (Said with begrudging distain - and totally kidding.) With kick-butt prizes like those I would have tried harder. (No, that's not true - I still would have frozen up.) Vicariously, it was still really fun for me. Way to go Tennessee Wendy and way to go Bree!

May 9, 2009 at 7:20 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

oh what a riot. Too cool of your sponsors! love it!

May 9, 2009 at 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Piss....I call a REMATCH :)

May 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM

 
Blogger allyson said...

That is awesome your sponsors did that. She was quite lucky

May 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That is just too cool!

May 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM

 
Blogger TriGirl Kate O said...

Now I wish I had played...I would've scored at least a 90%.

May 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

 
Blogger Elisa said...

I would totally buy one of those Argon 18 shirts!

May 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM

 
Blogger IronBob said...

You need to throw in some tough ones, like your race number at St Anthonys (I would have gotten that one)..

May 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

It is great to have a blog to read of a pro and of a "normal" athlete. You've really let the readers get to know you and based on the quiz, I think your personality and love of everything you do comes out through your blog :)

May 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM

 
Blogger chr15 said...

Awesome quiz! Best way ever to spend a Friday afternoon in my office. You (and your sponsors) have put together a fantastic package too.

Congrats to Wendy, first time, no help... I and I thought I was your stalker! :) JK


Cheers Bree!

May 10, 2009 at 11:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home