Aloha!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Around The Island...

Having the family in town has been nothing but trouble in paradise (I mean that in a really good way). It's not everyday I get to play tourist so I am eating this fun up...

The past four days have been swim-bike-run (and a lot of it), then play on the island, go around the island, then sleep! I'm not sure what is smashing me more, the training or the family! It has been absolutely incredible having Kainoa's cousins here, mom, and goofing with my sisters like old times (hair pulling and name calling included).

Pineapple's in Hilo... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!

Kainoa and Reagan getting smashed by Kona surf...


Stopping to smell the plumerias...

The most Southern restaurant in the United States!

Cliff jumping anyone??

A nice rainbow to remind that after the storms in life something goooooooood is just around the corner... just after Bron and I jumped out to play in the rain/rainbow Brooke drove off and left us chasing the car! Some sisterly things will never change...

Down South...


Hiking up some cinder cones in our slippers... of course the mother was not enjoying Brooke's off-road driving but she went along for the ride...

Between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa...

Now the moon is up... it's been another great day. Tomorrow is LONG course swimming and the start of a weekend full of swimbikerun and of course the ruckus my sisters and I plan to cause...

Good Night from Kona!

.



15 Comments:

Blogger chr15 said...

"Danger! falling fruit"

Love it! reminds me of the news headline here yesterday morning about health and safty gone mad in our increasingly letigous society.
I'm gonna sue your ar$e cause your apples (or maybe something more exotic where you live) fell on my head.

June 18, 2009 at 11:24 PM

 
Blogger chr15 said...

Oh yeah and a good moon shot, enough to cheer up anyone's day!

June 18, 2009 at 11:24 PM

 
Blogger Missy said...

I'm sure you're sissy is just thrilled about the last one! Love it! Looks like great times to me!

June 18, 2009 at 11:36 PM

 
Blogger The Lazy Triathlete said...

You have just had an awesome week from the sound of it. You can never complain about living in a place that falling fruit is a danger.

I need to look out my window at night more---I was unaware that there was a full moon.

June 19, 2009 at 12:55 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Work and fun! Glad to see you are back at it. What are your sister's looking at in the last pic and why did her pants fall down? I am very confused by what happens in Hawaii.

June 19, 2009 at 2:03 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

HA! Danger falling fruit! That is a good one. I've seen the Danger Falling Rocks sign and hoped that some melon sized rock did not decide it was time to do some base jumping onto my head while I was on my bike. I guess now I need to worry about coconuts as well!

Have a great weekend with your family!

June 19, 2009 at 2:54 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I love all the photos on your blog!

June 19, 2009 at 3:27 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I love all the photos on your blog!

June 19, 2009 at 3:27 AM

 
Blogger IronBob said...

A full moon at that!!!

June 19, 2009 at 3:44 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

Nice "end" shot!

June 19, 2009 at 4:30 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

So much fun...this post is making me ich for my visit with my sister in a month...not fair!
Hugs!
P.S. Your sister is most likely going to pay you back for that last shot:)

June 19, 2009 at 5:55 AM

 
Blogger Julia said...

The picture of the boys smelling the plumeria is so precious! :)
Have fun with your family, and hope you don't get hit by any falling fruits!

June 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM

 
Blogger Damie said...

No you didn't! that last shot...ha ha ha ha!!!!

June 19, 2009 at 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

Bree you are so funny. I am looking at the photos, thinking they are cool, wondering if I had been at some of the same spots. I broke out laughing when I got to that last one!!!
Glad to see you had a good week with family.

You have the BEST BLOG!!

June 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

 
Blogger Maggs said...

I need a falling fruit sign for my backyard. The mangoes and coconuts fall and scare the crap out of my dogs.

June 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home