Aloha!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Day Before...

The day before a race is usually a tad on the "Nervousy-slightly busy" side of life for me. Today was anything but! Almost every sponsor I have is at this event so it felt more like a family reunion. I was able to hang out with Ben from K-Swiss and talk shoes, hear his giggle about who knows what, and even score a free HR monitor!! (DID YOU HEAR THAT COACH?? I, BREE WEE, OWN A TIMEX HR MONITOR THAT REALLY WORKS!-thank you TIMEX!!), yeah, like a kid at Christmas...

Checking in Antonio was bitter sweet. I love and miss him already. BUT tomorrow we will spend a morning on some rolling hills together-he is ready! The only thing I've yet to really figure out is if I want the arm sleeves and toe covers or not...hmmmmm....

Just to make sure our bikes don't get lonely over night, each of the 59 pro bikes get to sleep with a poster of their owner over their rear wheel! I was laughing when I saw that poster... it still gives me butterflies to be part of such an exciting time in triathlon, and to be able to compete against so many of the greatest athletes in our sport. From the beach to the triathlon world-it really is part of a dream come true each time I race...

After the mingle with Trakkers, The Schott family, & K-Swiss you better believe I hung out with Argon 18's Simon! He's pretty cool, except he doesn't eat coconut so I might pull him from my friend list (just kidding!!) I loved hearing about the direction Argon is taking with it's bikes and learning more about my favorite ride.
The family feel is definetly in the air! So many familar faces in our sport and friends are here. Tomorrow is shaping up to be a wonderful day. The only problem Lisa and I have encountered is they only gave us 4 tickets! We need WAY MORE to get our fix on the rides! Next year I've got to get Kainoa to this race, he would be going full blast with all the action!
.
Okay... time to sit on my booty a little more. To everyone racing tomorrow, GOOD LUCK, and to everyone I met today-it was GREAT to meet you!
.
Middlebury or bust!

.



22 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

Good luck Bree. I've just figured I can track online tomorrow. I love those posters - soooo cool.

June 6, 2009 at 9:09 AM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

The transition spots are cool That is awesome to have a poster of you at your slot!!! That looks like such and awesome race, have a blast and best of luck to you :)

June 6, 2009 at 9:36 AM

 
Blogger IronBob said...

Good luck tomorrow.

I took the family to LA for vacation. We just got back from Venice Beach. What a culture shock!!

If you haven't been here, you need to plan an LA tri just to check this out.

Have a great race!

June 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM

 
Blogger IronBob said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM

 
Blogger TriGirl Kate O said...

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy!

June 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM

 
Blogger MJ said...

Those posters are pretty awesome... nice touch. You should steal it for Antonio's spot in your garage/house....

June 6, 2009 at 1:02 PM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Have a GREAT race Bree - I'm cheering for you!!! GOGOGO!

June 6, 2009 at 2:18 PM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Have a great race! I covet an Argon 18 bike - yes covet! Get done fast so you can get on the rides. And, I am sorry to say, I dislike coconut, too. I like the flavor, just not the texture. Well, it was good knowing you. (kidding) Go kick some butt and don't be a wimp, skip the arm warmers and toe covers, just go faster.

June 6, 2009 at 2:45 PM

 
Blogger Sherry Lynn said...

Love all those posters! They are great!

Good luck to you tomorrow! You've got lots of fans cheering you on here in FL! :o)

June 6, 2009 at 3:52 PM

 
Blogger Running~Jordan said...

Have fun Bree! :) :)

June 6, 2009 at 4:08 PM

 
Blogger Mama Simmons said...

Hope you have a super day tomorrow, Bree!

June 6, 2009 at 4:13 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Have a great race, although I hope you don't go bust! I am sure your sponsors will take good care of you.

June 6, 2009 at 4:55 PM

 
Blogger Audrey said...

Bree, swim like a fish, make Antonio proud, and run like the Hawaiian winds!! Go Girlfriend, Go!!! So great to hang with you in Kona! We will be back! Good luck! Sweet dreams tonight and go kick some @#$!!!

June 6, 2009 at 7:20 PM

 
Blogger The Lazy Triathlete said...

Gotta love it when you are sooo cool that you have your own poster. Good luck!!!

June 7, 2009 at 1:16 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Good Luck. By now you are done and I have to go see if I can check out your times. That is so cool that they have your T1 spot marked out with your poster.

Only 4 rides??? What's up with that???

June 7, 2009 at 6:12 AM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

WOW Bree !! increibles fotos de tu Argon en el bike park !!!! que bonito todo !!! suerte ! esepero tu race report !!!! un abrazo !!!
Ya te dije que estamos muy contentos de tu regalo !!!

June 7, 2009 at 10:14 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

can't wait to see how it went!! I raced a Half today too so I didn't get to follow you. hope it was great!

June 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM

 
Blogger tryfortri said...

Bree,

I have been following you on you blog, great stuff. What happened today? You have the heart and mind to do so much better. Was this just a training race for the big one in Kona? I just feel that you have so much tlent that you should be competing for the podium at every race.

I am reletively new to tri, ( couple of sprints and oly's) but you seem to have so much unreleased talent that you are holding back on. I think you should never miss a podium in these smaller events. What gives? I pray that you are healthy, but seen ti think it goes deeper than that. You absolutely have the talent to take on the top three. Are you not training hard enough? Taking it to lightly? I don't know, but in whatching you I think you have a lot more to put out there. I hope you can buckle down and prove to us believers that you can do it. I have faith and so should you.

Tryfortri

June 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM

 
OpenID miles99999 said...

Bree,
Just saw your picture in the latest issue of Runner World magazine. Great picture running the trail!

Jamie W.

June 8, 2009 at 2:19 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Family is a good thing.

June 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM

 
Blogger Speed Racer said...

Of course the picture I took is the worst one of the bunch! Sorry my bad photo mojo wore off!

Anyway, it was so cool to see you yesterday! I'm sorry you were sick and probably didn't do as well as you'd hoped! Still, it makes my head spin that you could pull off a 5-hour hilly half ironman with the flu!

Actually, I felt like I couldn't get away from you all day. You came into the finish just in time to catch me trying to see my results. Your homestay family made friends with my girlfriend and her dog (the dog's name is Kona of all things – I had nothing to do with naming her!), you were chillin' about 10 feet away at the energy drink tent waiting for the awards ceremony, and then you followed us to the Timex truck. Quit following me, would ya?! Anyway, wish I would have had the balls to say hi. I probably would have said something embarrassing about how inspiring I think you are. Not because you're fast, but because of your attitude towards life. Okay, and because you're fast too. See? WICKED embarrassing!

Anyway, thanks so much for putting in your face time even though you were under the weather. I know I'm not the only one that thought it was thrilling to see you and all the other rockstars in person.

June 8, 2009 at 9:35 AM

 
Blogger scott blackwell said...

pretty exciting stuff!

June 10, 2009 at 7:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home