Aloha!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sandy Feet and Juan...

Oooooh, that sounds like a steamy day at the beach with some hot Latin lover... but no, just sandy feet because my feet got sandy at the beach and Juan is my road bike. That's as exciting as it got. However, cameras were involved...

Last week I was supposed to do a foto shoot but I was more ugly than usual with the flu, my face sort of looked tired and I wasn't really looking like a healthy person. I thought I missed the opportunity to run around in little clothes on the Hawaiian beaches in front of a camera, BUT I was wrong!

Just as I hopped off the LONG flight yesterday I was given one day till the dead-line to make the shoot happen if I could be there about 8:30ish this morning. Dropped Kainoa to school and I was there! FUN way to start a week of no swim/bike/run... I ran and biked in front of a camera!!

Day two with NOTHING TRIATHLON to do was AWESOME! I am FAR from your typical model, in fact I was hoping all the times I watched "America's Next Top Model" would help me... boy was it fun! Fun because I got to run in the sand on such beautiful beaches. I even had to wear my hair down for one of them. The best part was this one where I had to start in thigh deep water and then run out of it as if I were really just running on a beach run. The photographer is a local buddy so I didn't feel too embarrassed. We kind of made fun of my lack of hair and make-up talent. 500 redo's later I think we finished.

Juan came along too. I got to do a couple rides on my Argon 18 road bike (see coach, STILL following your laws of no training, Antonio (my race bike) stayed home). There is this really pretty hill just above a gorgeous back drop to a beach, and I got to go up it down it up it down it up it down it till the smile and light was JUST RIGHT...

I'm not sure if these fotos will make the magazine but I was happy to help with the project and get to "sneak" in a little run and ride...ha ha!

More seaweed please!

Other than that, my DAY OFF TRIATHLON included sushi with Tek (the photographer), then more seaweed at home to make up for the loss of it in Middlebury, and now I am trying to think of a way to convince Justin Young to come play a show in Kona! He is my favorite Hawaii singer/song writer. I listen to this one song, listen here and make it loud, every time I leave the island for a race and it makes me feel all islandish inside when I am far from home.

Thats a wrap! BIG Mahalos to everyone for the kind comments and notes about the race, I think I'm already healed just having that much love lavished upon me! I love you back!



.



15 Comments:

Blogger Maggs said...

Nice photo in Runner's World.

June 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Hey Nice music.

June 9, 2009 at 11:15 PM

 
Blogger cheryl said...

just saw your photo in runners world!

June 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM

 
Blogger Chloe said...

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who thinks of America's Next Top Model when ever pictures are taken :) Thanks Tyra!!

June 10, 2009 at 2:26 AM

 
Blogger Flatman said...

I bet the pics were great, Bree! Glad you are feeling better.

June 10, 2009 at 3:09 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

Bree-your photo shoot sounds like such fun! I'm sure you looked strong and beautiful in it! where can we see it?
I'm sorry rev3 wasn't the race you wanted or are capable of. those days Do happen. It's tough...you have years of improvement and success and then things are tough for a while. I don't really get it. but I have felt it too.
You will shine my dear. you are so so tough and work so hard. I can't wait to see you run by me at Lake placid..you'll inspire me to find that finish line!!
rest well

June 10, 2009 at 3:17 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Good or bad days for you, you are still an inspiration! Keep loving life!
-marn

June 10, 2009 at 4:12 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

thanks for the musical heads up on Justin Young, loved it! I'm a huge Jack Johnson fan, so this was right up my alley of musical taste.

I also adore seaweed. Try wrapping it around some soft/toasted mochi with just a little soy sauce, heaven!!

June 10, 2009 at 4:39 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

It's about time you got to strut your stuff in front of a professional photographer. Modeling always makes me think of "Zoolander" (not that I have done any modeling, but I do have a piano tie I like to wear.)

June 10, 2009 at 5:00 AM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

i hope you get your groove back after a much needed rest week - sometimes a little bit of down time is all we need!!! enjoy your break cause you know the hard stuff is coming ;)

June 10, 2009 at 5:17 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Get some rest Chickeeta and enjoy all the EXTRA energy you'll have this week with Kainoa!!!

June 10, 2009 at 6:18 AM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

So glad you are feeling healed Bree. Sounds like a very fun day that makes a person feel good also. I hope your photos make the magazine!! Enjoy the rest of your week, don't eat too much sea weed :)

June 10, 2009 at 1:12 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like you had fun on the photo shoot...enjoy your week of down-time! Good to hear you are feeling better :-)

June 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Can't wait to see how the photos turned out. I bet they are all great! Have fun on your off week and go eat some burritos with that sushi.

June 10, 2009 at 6:08 PM

 
Blogger LeAnn said...

Thats such a "Bree Picture!"

June 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home