Aloha!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sunrise to Sunset...

Woke up to a sunrise surf session on a hot yellow 6'2. That was a BIG board for me (tomorrow I'm going to try a real long board). A few things happened today that made me go "Hmm...". I was paddling back out and I was looking at my hand entry! Then I was thinking about the recovery phase of my stroke, then I was checking to see if my elbows are high... I WAS THINKING ABOUT SWIMMING!

I miss swimming.

This break has caused me to want to swim, like for real swim, not float with fish. I shut off the "triathlete" in me and just played in the ocean (that was the plan for the week-to play without purpose). God I love the ocean, I feel like a fish, or a mermaid, or something that could live there all day long! So I stayed for a long while...

Watching the other surfers, watching dolphins, watching waves sweep over me, watching the sets, watching the brand new day begin...



All day long I felt like a little kid, just in awe as I went from beach to beach, beaching hopping was my entire day. From beach to beach I went in my K-Swiss, not even the slippers, I miss running... this break is making me so hungry to run and get the heart rate up. In fact I sent coach a few messages about a few races I want to do and a few things I am thinking on. He won't even give me a response until this break of mine is up, another day of nothing triathlonish...

I miss my bike today too. Between beach hopping I checked on him, (he's at the bike shop, in safety from me), I gave him a little kiss and told him we would be riding soon enough!! If there is one thing that can save a girl from a week off triathlon it's surfing... so back to the beach me and my board went...this time we surfed into the sunset...



A couple more days off, but tomorrow I think I will sneak to masters...

.



11 Comments:

Blogger Go Gammie said...

Glad your week of "non tri"" stuff is going good. Great photos, the rollers are looking big. Awesome sunset also, brings back great memories of Kona!! A few more days for you and coach will have you back working hard with your heart rate up. The rest and recovery will be history, but a good history :)

June 11, 2009 at 9:31 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Beautiful photos. You will be training hard before you know it so enjoy the surfing now.

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 PM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

ENVIOUS! You get a beautiful sunrise AND a beautiful sunset and in between you get to play all day in the ocean. You are truly blessed. Sounds like you're enjoying the break and getting ready to go back to work. Enjoy the next few days - I have a feeling your coach will have some "surprises" in store when he decides to talk to you again.

June 12, 2009 at 2:27 AM

 
Blogger Lora said...

My gosh...those pictures are incredible, Bree! Hope you enjoy your remaining non-tri time.

June 12, 2009 at 4:09 AM

 
Blogger Benson said...

That is a very good way to spend a day...a week.
eff masters, go surfing again.

June 12, 2009 at 6:13 AM

 
Blogger Kiet said...

Bree those pics look like postcards, did you actually get to experience that view and take those pics? I should have gone to Maui with my mates this week. I wish I had known you when I went to Kona two years ago so that I could have gotten the local tour. Instead, I spent my days sneaking into the Four Seasons (we had a diva with us).

June 12, 2009 at 8:27 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

WOW!!!!!
hahaha....I can't believe I am going to say this on your post, but I always wished as a kid that I would turn into a mermaid and live in the ocean!!
Enjoy your few more days...and try to stay away from "master's"...I think it's part of the plan for you NOT to go!!!

June 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Sneak off to masters....and watch other people swim. You want to develop a good eye for proper swim technique and where improvements can be made in a stroke. Take that information and then play around with it and experiment with your own stroke.

Then go hang out on the beach again and eat a burrito.

June 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I agree. Help Steve coach the masters, but save your energy until coach gives the green light. I really hope you can get well rested and ready for the next race, and you will fly!

June 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

ahhhhh I have a craving for Cookies!!!

June 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM

 
Blogger LeAnn said...

Nice photos bree...I like the purple pics!!!

June 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home