Aloha!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

That Boy Makes Me Laugh...

Kainoa, grumpy as can be because I won't stop laughing at him, I know, I'm a really mean mom...

I'm not kidding... THIS is what Kainoa had on yesterday when I picked him up from school. The foto does not do it justice, the pants are HOT purple valor! Waiting in parent pick up I see this little boy from behind and think to myself, "Poor little guy, his parents made him wear purple pants to school". The boy turns and runs to me-it was Kainoa! I was laughing so hard I almost fell over, I couldn't even take his hug seriously, he looked like he belongs with the Scooby Doo crew about to jump out of a big van!

The teacher told me he wet his pants, my gosh having to wear those would make you NEVER make that mistake again. All the parents and I could not stop laughing, the teacher told me I have to return them on Monday, NO PROBLEM!

It only gets better... next up... THIS! A real Argon 18 bike kit! (no I did not make the mistake of thinking this one is mine, never attempted to try it on). He loved it so much he rode into the wall! My entire day was laughing at his clothes. I prefer my little buddy in surf trunks and slippers...


Swim-bike-run has been going pretty good. Getting my groove back slowly but surely. Highlight: I got to mingle with Frank Shorter a bit the past couple days, it's always nice meeting legends and leaders. He comes every summer to run in the Kona half marathon, I think he brought a surf board with him too as the waves are HUMONGOUS again this summer!

PS: I stole this (see below) from my aunts previous post, it fits my life today thanks to Kainoa (he gave me a good 12 laughs for sure!)

A few years ago a health study determined there are 3 main reasons people can't cope in life:
They live in the past.
They have a low self-esteem.
They can't laugh at themselves.
In fact, the study indicated that we need approximately 12 laughs a day to stay healthy!



.



8 Comments:

Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

OMG...I can hear you laughing right now!!!!

June 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM

 
Blogger The Lazy Triathlete said...

You are correct. I would NEVER piss my pants again if I had to wear those.

I love the list at the end. I think the first true are so true. But if you get passed those THEN you can laugh.

June 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I think it was in tribute of Michael Jackson.

June 28, 2009 at 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Those are some SWEET pants! I can't believe you have to give them back :)

June 29, 2009 at 4:52 AM

 
Blogger Julia said...

Awww, those pants look way tooooo adorable on him! :)
I really enjoyed the quote at the end.

June 29, 2009 at 5:26 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

Thanks for the 12 laughs!!

I'll return the favor...the other day my little guy said he was wearing his running shoes so he could be a runner. I asked if he would be a biker and a swimmer too? "Yes!" he said, "and a streetwalker!" I haven't even tried to figure that one out. Some things a parent doesn't need to know.

June 29, 2009 at 7:05 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Ha! All Kainoa needs is a green or orange neck scarf and he would pass as Fred. When he gets old enough to drive there is a guy who lives somewhere around us that has a bus/van that he has painted up as the Mystery Machine. I will put in a good word for Kainoa for when he gets his learner's permit.

June 29, 2009 at 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Shawn and Tracy said...

LOL...as a kindergarten teacher I am guilty of occasionally being forced to dress boys in girlish clothes after accidents. Parents let this be a lesson to always ensure your child has an extra set of clothes at school ;-) However your kiddo is such a cutie he can totally pull off those purple pants!
Tracy

June 29, 2009 at 6:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home