Aloha!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

In The Cave...

It's official, I am in the cave, THE PAIN CAVE, and I AM LOVING IT! Training is going super...it's more fun than usual too, maybe because I'm learning how to rest & recover so I can do it all over again the next day! In fact, today I had my 2nd massage of the week (no need to be jealous, it was not a "feel good" massage, I tried to kick my massage therapist across the room). All kidding aside, today was BALANCE day. A ride then a run, then some stretch/strength, then FUN! I hung out in a real cave (a lava tube), to explore a bit and get some shade from this Kona sun that is frying me!

Then a run on the beach, barefoot, in a bikini, under trees of green, sunshine of all sorts of oranges, sand the color of broken sea shells, along the Pacific... talk about strengthing the calves & ankles! There was more... but those fotos will be later!!!

Then a little dip, I wore the cap and goggles, but it was for the sole purpose of better visability and keeping my hair out of my face...nothing to do with speed and counting distance swam. The only thing counted was a few honu that kept me company... It was a beautiful day, 6am-5pm, ahhh, I thank God for life in this office!!! Tomorrow looks to be more calm, yet it will have me in the pain cave pretty deep as I have "round 2" with Dennis, the trainer that is trying to slowly kill me! Saturday and Sunday should just about finish me off. It looks like a group ride with a 20 mile run chasing Heather Gollnick all over the IM run course! LUCKY ME! Sunday, not even going to go there, thinking on it just yet makes me ready for a nap... till then, more palm trees to fill my mind...


Sending hugs from Hawaii,

Bree









14 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

Pretty awesome office Bree.

July 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

 
Blogger Chloe said...

No doubt - I like the view you have from your 'desk' :)

July 31, 2009 at 1:43 AM

 
Blogger miles99999 said...

Great day and I am very jealous. I'll be heading to the ocean this weekend and plan on doing some open water swims....too bad the water is a bit different from where you are. Dark Atlantic Ocean vs. clear Pacific.

Oh, and when did you become a poet, "All kidding aside, today was BALANCE day. A ride then a run, then some stretch/strength, then FUN!"

July 31, 2009 at 1:54 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

A very nice office indeed!

July 31, 2009 at 3:43 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Wonderful post Bree! Your love of life just shines through. Good luck in the cave(s). What's the quote about "that which does not kill us makes us stronger" - too true.

July 31, 2009 at 4:25 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

I love how much you appreciate your life, work, and surroundings!

July 31, 2009 at 5:05 AM

 
Blogger Yasi said...

I must agree, your office is spectacular. Can I take an in office tour sometime? Glad to hear you're having such a good time with training and as usual, life in general.

I went spelunking in a cave once in Holland. Those things are great fun.

July 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

agree with all above that you have a spectacular office. Glad training is going well.

July 31, 2009 at 8:09 AM

 
Blogger IAN said...

Well I am in the cave as well. unfortunately mine is not in paradise like yours. First week with coach + ART = Pain Cave!! All in the goal of chasing you down come Oct. 10!! Keep at it Breezer!

July 31, 2009 at 8:10 AM

 
Blogger IronBob said...

Glad things are going well. Hope the coach has you working the "new" organic race day nutrition (Cerasport) into your daily workouts so you can fine tune the "missing link"

July 31, 2009 at 2:05 PM

 
Blogger Shawn and Tracy said...

Sounds like a great day! Good luck this weekend sounds like it could be a tough one....but your a tri girl so the tough stuff is fun right ;-)
Tracy
P.S. Hope your little man is healing from his accident.

July 31, 2009 at 7:12 PM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

Awesome day, Bree!

Hey, is your office hiring?? ;)

August 1, 2009 at 2:20 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

That cave looks like something out of Land of the Lost - (the original TV show, not that stupid thing Will Farrell just did.) I too am in the cave - the deep dark "Fat Cave" after vacation and because I can't get my butt running again for my marathon in October.

Be careful with the weights, you don't want to look like this http://a-space-toddyssey.blogspot.com/2009/07/maybe-no-more-upper-body-workouts.html (Don't worry about the whole hairy chest thing - I think that is just me.)

August 1, 2009 at 5:58 AM

 
Blogger Nicole and Nick said...

Have fun with training Heather....so jealous!

Happy Training! :)

August 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home