Aloha!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Little Mermaid...

Oh! That's what I'm talking about! Waking up in my own bed, eating breakfast with Kainoa, and being able to walk to my swim workout-THAT'S what I am talking about! Before bed I smothered coconut all over in my hair, I slept like a baby turtle, and woke up to that sweet smell, it just set my day off in the best mood possible!

I walked to what was supposed to be a 30 minute recovery swim. I did the swim, then stayed in the ocean till I HAD to get out. I watched the paddlers, the fish, the snorkelers, all the fishing boats heading out for day 2 of the Bill Fish Tourney, I watched stand uppers, and just played for as long as possible, I really think I was supposed to be born a mermaid!





From the swim to the gym I walked. Nothing like waving to a town of people you know all passing by on the way to who knows where. My spaghetti arms are back pumping iron and I just loved it. The gym is the hot spot you know...for reasons I won't say...

Then a massage-that was needed DAYS ago and HURT like someone was digging their elbows into me till my legs bleed or something.

From there it was off for a ride. I stayed near the ocean (in the tsunami zone to be exact), and just checked in on all the beach goers and sun lovers. Nothing like a recovery spin along the Kona Coast! Yes, I know, life is ruff...


To top off a perfect day it was a sunset with Kainoa and all the sea urchins we could find. Simple. Sweet. Tomorrow coach has me back into full swing with a training load that looks more like it belongs to someone who has nothing better to do but swimbikerun, oh, that's me! It looks like some long stuff, fast stuff, painful stuff, so it's a good thing I made the most of an easier day...

PS: Mr. Jay, website extrodinair put all my fotos on Flickr. If you want to see all the Canada Camp click the foto below, or click the gallery link. Thanks Jay!

Hugs from Kona!

.



9 Comments:

Blogger CoachLiz said...

Sounds like a great recovery day! All it needed was a burrito.

July 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

What a life.

July 22, 2009 at 1:01 AM

 
Blogger NJ said...

Sounds like a heavenly day! Relaxing and fun!

Great photos...looks like you know how to have fun "at the office"!

July 22, 2009 at 3:48 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I absolutely love reading your blog. I live vicariously on the island through you! I only hope that someday I can make it to Hawaii! Until then I will continue to read your blog and dream!!!!!!!

July 22, 2009 at 4:03 AM

 
Blogger IronBob said...

You know, when I grow up, I too am going to be a professional triathlete training in Hawaii. That's in 15 years when they start the Super Senior Professional Ironman circuit (should be less competition then).

July 22, 2009 at 4:15 AM

 
Blogger Yasi said...

Awesome photos! Is coconut in the hair overnight equivalent to a deep-conditioning treatment? I could use one of those!

July 22, 2009 at 5:19 AM

 
Blogger Julia said...

I agree with Christi; I live the island life vicariously through your photos!
Whenever I think of mermaids, I think of that one episode in Family Guy where the mermaid had human legs and a fish body... haha. You are a muccccccccccccccch prettier mermaid! :)
I heard sea urchins can sting you, is that true?
Good luck on the long stuff/fast stuff/painful stuff!

July 22, 2009 at 5:27 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

I love your pictures although it really makes me yearn for a vacation!! I am glad you are back home and enjoying it!

July 22, 2009 at 8:10 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

Every time I see photos of the water there I feel instantly relaxed, thank you for that. I must get to my in laws place in Kauai, it's been too long.

July 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home