Aloha!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

20 Minutes! Ride My Bike! Pee On Yours!

Yesterday coach gave me "beach conditions". He reminded me that the skin is the largest organ in the body and the more time in the sun the more energy it will take from me. From here on out I am to be saving energy, not spending it. He told me I get 20 minutes-roughly, of sunshiney skies a day!! With SPF70 all over, it was rounding up some pals and a quick trip to Kua Bay...
Perfect! A lot of fun can come out of 20 minutes...we packed it in that's for sure! It was so perfect...some laughing, some sunscreen in the eyes, a few waves flooding the bikini's with sand, and a lot of smiles because I just love & adore Hawaii, my home!

Since coach grounded me from cliff jumping, someone in the family had to hold down the fun... Kainoa and the keiki found a nice 7 footer. (he is taking after me in this area!!) Go Kainoa JUMP! Gosh it was too cute...just love seeing children celebrate life!

Party was over pretty quick...beach blankets up, slippers on, and we were out of the sun, I did get my fix though. Ironman training lives on...
Now for news that involves you, if you want...
Kalani (my new Argon18 E114), and I climbing Kam3
.
Here is the scoop, the NEW Argon18 E114 will be launced at Kona this year...Sam Mcglone, Fransisco Potano, Mikel Elguezabal, Christopher Bastie, Nicolas Hemet, and I get to race them! WOOOOOHOOOOO! If you are wanting to try our bikes here is your chance!October 6th-9th 2009, from 10am-4pm there will be 10 demo bikes (various sizes). You can play with them for free BUT you have to RSVP a time slot. If you are interested or have questions PLEASE email Marc at marc-andre@argon18bike.com
The Argon18 team will also be hanging around the Expo Wednesday October 7th at 3pm. We are passing out some free shirts and are happy to talk story, answer questions about our new bikes, and meet you! SO please stop by to say "HI".
In other news...today's swim was not dolphin filled...I know you were getting tired of all those pretty dolphin, honu, fishy photos anyways...today it was hammerheads! I'm not crazy enough to sit with my camera facing these sharks, my friend Matt took the photo, sheeesh! Are you ready for 2.4 miles of open water with these guys????!

video

Back to peeing on your bike, Ben Hoffman gave us lessons. I suppose to ride a 4:30 over 112 miles you can't stop and use the bushes. Of course I asked his permission to use this, ha ha ha, it's pretty funny if you ask me, riding with boys is always an adventure! Don't worry, it's still rated G and everyone pee's...so watch Hoffman in action!!

Happy Training & Cheers to sunny skies, but just 20 minutes!

.




14 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

Hammerheads look mean. I'm pretty comfy with wildlife in the ocean but damn... time to get out!

I don't imagine Ben's lesson was much use for you....

September 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM

 
Blogger kerrie said...

um, i so did not want to see the hammerhead picture. please tell me they weren't any where near the pier....please.

September 19, 2009 at 6:46 PM

 
Blogger BreeWee said...

Kerrie, not at the pier, 1000 meters out from the pier...

September 19, 2009 at 9:28 PM

 
Blogger Greyt Times said...

After seeing the pee video, I'm getting idea on how using the Go-Girl might actually work! http://www.go-girl.com Not sure I'll try it this year.....

September 20, 2009 at 1:41 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Glad you got at least a little beach time. I love the pee video especially the way he kept looking up to see where he was going and then looking down to see where he was "going." I have a new skill to master for next season.

September 20, 2009 at 3:23 AM

 
Blogger Slow Rider said...

Bree, you are looking super fit! cant wait to see you race.How is your son's chin, it is looking better each week.

September 20, 2009 at 6:43 AM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Thanks for the tutorial on letting it fly...I've been trying to work on it for months....

Also Good Luck in 3 weeks!

September 20, 2009 at 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Samantha said...

everyone pees...I have the book called Everyone Poops. It's very funny.

September 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Love the bike cam. I found one and am using it on my posts now. The infamous Arnie is in my latest post.
Great stuff. Keep on the good smart work!
Cheers!

September 20, 2009 at 9:35 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

So I read the title of your post and see Kainoa in the first pic and think, "Oh, he peed on HIS bike. My son also just got into big boy underpants too. She is experiencing my pain." But no, thanks for the surprise ending!

I second Samantha's rec. for the book Everyone Poops, good bathroom read.

PS: the girlie arrived safe (!!!) and sound (I have to get her on the bike soon or some little hands will be upon her). My son still loves his "rescovery" balls (as he calls them)

September 20, 2009 at 2:46 PM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

Bree ! cuantos dias sin visitar tu blog....estoy disfrutando de nuestro BB !!!!!!!!!
el dia 11 de octubre mi ultimo triatlon este año, aqui se acaba ya la temporada.Ahora empezare a correr duatlon de montaña y maraton y media maraton.
Muy bonitas todas las ultimas fotos...me alegra mucho visitar tu blog y ver lo feliz que eres.Kainoa esta creciendo muy fuerte.Esta muy guapo.
Tengo ganas de ponerle a mi BB la ropa que nos enviaste.... :DDDD
Besos y abrazos !!! we keep in touch AMIGA MIA !!!!

September 21, 2009 at 11:17 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

That pee lesson is one that I am not sure that I can reproduce. I just end up peeing all over my bike seat.

Wicked picture of the hammerheads! That would make me swim fast.

September 21, 2009 at 12:16 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Bree, who is that giant of man in the photo with all you pipsqueaks? Is he really 7 feet tall?

I did a tri yesterday in a sleeveless top and the sun did sap my energy. But then again I'm a super fair skinned wimp.

Good luck with the anti-sun training!

September 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM

 
Blogger Runner Leana said...

Oh wow, that is a hilarious video! Thanks for sharing! Sadly I don't think that technique will work for me though... Happy tapering!

September 29, 2009 at 6:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home