Aloha!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Are We There Yet....?

Not yet! I still have swim practice... but I feel a lot like I have been there and back a few times today! Maybe kicking off a "big week" with a 2.4 mile swim and most of a marathon on a Monday will have you feeling like that on a Wednesday, or maybe that's just Ironman training! Anyhow I landed on my pregnant sisters door step looking like this and we laughed, I looked more pregant than her (the dizzy, tired, side effects that is).
Hula girl (naked now) got her first ride on Kalani and Kalani got his first ride of the Hawaii Ironman loop (or most of it). It started off AMAZING, a new bike will have you feeling like that. After interval 1, (the long ride had a 45 min. section, a 30 min. section, and a 15 minute section) I was thankful to be racing Ironman again! It was all smiles. My friend Kate came along and I tried to get as far away from her on the intervals as possible and she tried to keep me in sight, it was good practice for us both and helped the LONG-ARE-WE-THERE-YET go by rather quickly. BUT after a few sunny hours I was feeling it...the legs cried...the head spun...my eyes wobbled in the sockets...and I was ready to be DONE!
For the love of sport I kept at it as best as I could, knowing days like this happen and you have to push through. You have to put it in the bank! Get it done! Find a way to make it happen! Thankfully Hawaii is full of good refuel stops...a helmet full of fruits and we were good to go again!
BUT I really wanted these, all of them...they are my worst bad habit, but man I love them!
A handfull of papaya later it was finish up to Kohala, turn back, race back, just GET BACK! How much longer...? Wednesdays LONG days are becoming really long...however, I love them!
A belly full of papaya later,(I think I will put it in my T2 bag for race day), it was time to run!! WOooooHoooooo! A short but sweet little run in the Kona sun took whatever energy I had left right outta me! That is Ironman training right??!! AND man I am loving it in a very crazy kind of way, maybe because this time last year I was "training to cheer" and this time I am training to race!! Okay, time to swim... I have 18 minutes till practice starts, thankfully I live only 2 minutes from the pool.
.
Swim, eat, sleep, sounds like a plan!
Bye!!
Bree
.



15 Comments:

Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Yea! Keep it up - you're doing great!!!! LOVE the helmet full of fruit :) Hope that swim practice went well - yea!

September 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

Glad you got to get out on your new ride!! It must have been a great day, and all those great Hawaiian Papaya :) They are soo good. Hope you had a good swim :)

September 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM

 
Blogger Terrish B said...

I can't wait to be in Kona cheering your name :-) Thanks for giving me motivation everyday!

September 9, 2009 at 7:33 PM

 
Blogger Amy Beth Kloner said...

I am amazed that you can eat papaya before you run! It's like a miracle fruit for, um, "digestion." Yep, let's just call it DIGESTION.
You must have one iron-tummy!

September 10, 2009 at 2:27 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Keep up the great work!!! I am looking forward to following you during Kona!!!!

September 10, 2009 at 3:40 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

I am relieved to see Hula Girl made it onto the new ride!!

September 10, 2009 at 4:12 AM

 
Blogger Lisa G said...

Great training that you are doing! Can't wait to watch you race in Hawaii (on the computer, of course)!

September 10, 2009 at 4:47 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

The life of a pro! "A helmet full of fruits" - that was really funny to me. Fruits are funny.

You can eat some crazy stuff when you train.

Keep hammering it!

September 10, 2009 at 5:10 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Ah, today is Thursday and I can't even imagine how you feel today! All of your refueling looks fantastic EXCEPT (man your worst bad habit, I have yet to try it but it just looks not so appealing)I saw a can of SPAM at the store the other day and thought of you! LOL!!!
I can't wait to see you in the TOP 10 at KONA!!! You are going to ROCK:)))) I will be cheering you on from Van and watching online!

September 10, 2009 at 5:46 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

awesome job!!! by the way...what are those things that are your weakness??? I couldn't tell from the picture. you're going to do so well at Kona...I hope I get to meet you.

September 10, 2009 at 6:47 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Glad you are enjoying the new bike! I am excited about Kona for you!! You are going to rock it!

September 10, 2009 at 9:25 AM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Ha! I LOVE Naked Hula Girl!

September 10, 2009 at 10:45 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Best photos ever - hope the swim rocked!

September 10, 2009 at 6:21 PM

 
Blogger monsterkeon said...

hahaha just reading your posts will make my day! ur so funny! love the fruity helmet too!

September 11, 2009 at 8:52 AM

 
Blogger Haley Cooper said...

hmmm. my training has me doing nothing right now. it just doesn't seem right. do you think the ag inspectors will catch me if i smuggle home that chameleon? i want him SOOOOOO badly.

September 11, 2009 at 12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home