Aloha!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Buoys Went Up...

Today in Kona the Ironman 2.4 mile swim buoys went up, lots of bright orange balls cover the ocean. Butterflies have officially taken over my belly.
.
Post run, on the side of Ali'i where Kate-O caught me talking to coach (he is really on the phone in this foto, ha ha ha!)
.
"Yes, coach". "Anything you say coach". "Okay coach". "I promise coach". "Thank you coach". Last night I had a long chat with coach about today's run. 8x1 mile on this certain section of Ali'i Drive, by myself. Today I set out to do exactly as he told me. It hurt, I made it all with a smile on my face dripping in sweat, then I called coach with excitement right from my truck the second I was done! SOME HOW I still messed it up a little bit. Sheesh. He gave me 7 stars (I know, he has to coach me like a 5yr old), he said it easily could have been a 10 star run, but I got toooooooooooo excited and went into a zone I was not supposed to touch, (I felt TOOOOOO good).
.
He explained to me that this saved up energy from not playing between training is not supposed to be used to race my mile repeats, I was supposed to nail my zones. I get it now. I would like to blame my enjoyment on my new playlist! Here was todays jams...

  • Breathless, The Corrs
  • Shine on, Needtobreathe
  • Bidi Bidi Bom Bom, Selena
  • The Awakening, Switchfoot
  • Just Like Heaven, Goldfinger
  • Working, Katchafire
  • It Wasn't Me, Shaggy
  • Superman, Gold Finger
  • Look What Happened, Less Than Jake
  • You Make My Dreams, Hall and Oates
  • Here in Your Bedroom, Gold Finger
  • Hold My Hand, Sean Paul
  • Hope, Shaggy
  • You're The Inspiration, Chicago
  • Celos, Fanny Lu
  • Feel The Rush, Shaggy
  • Procura, Chichi Peralta
  • Inolvidable, Reik
  • Get Down, Audio Adrenaline
  • Wouldn't It Be Nice, Beach Boys
  • Vivir Sin Aire, Mana'
  • Audience of One, Big Daddy Weave

That list I built up with a bunch of my best memories on this journey to my first Ironman Hawaii as a professional. Each song has a special meaning. The 80's songs were ones my sisters, mom, and I danced to as little girls with leg warmers on when my mom told me I could do anything, even dance in FAME if I really wanted to. The punk tunes were from all the surf trips I took with the crazy Florida surfer girls, we just celebrated life SO FULL. Procura is from my best days in Costa Rica. Vivir Sin Aire is from Ironman Florida with Pablo where I qualified for Kona. The Other songs are from just learning how to love life and live it. Anyways, the songs got to me on my run and I just took off a little faster than coach asked for.

.

I have a plan... since I have to sit on my booty all day between training, if you want my Ironman Hawaii 09 mix you can have it, but you have to be one of the first 5 people to email me your address, then I will make you a mix and send it to you... Beautiful Lyman's Beach Bruno also doing his fast miles along Ali'i this morning... Water bottle pit stop Beautiful plumerias filled my run with the sweet scent of life! Once the run, refuel, and ice bath was pau, it was time to enjoy the ocean (that is how recovery works best for me). So, a few friends later, it was 20 minutes at Kua Bay (honest coach, just 20 minutes)...

"Laughter is the sensation of feeling good all over and showing it principally in one place" -Josh Billings "Follow what you love and it will take you where you want to go"

-Natalie Goldberg

"Life has to be lived, that's all there is to it"-Eleanor Roosevelt
"Do one thing everyday that scares you"- Unknown
"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities"-Janos Arany
.
Now time to visit Makai Chiro for some ART then swim practice!! Woooohoooo...
Hugs from Hawaii,
Bree
.




24 Comments:

Blogger Coach Liz said...

Just over two weeks to go! I am getting really excited for you. Remember, 10 star workouts from here on out. :)

September 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

That is a great music list for your run. Yay!

September 23, 2009 at 10:48 PM

 
Blogger Yasi said...

This is all so exciting! I'm getting butterflies just reading it! I love your playlist, but what I really want are your abs!

September 24, 2009 at 2:38 AM

 
Blogger Bullet said...

I seriously think you might be the coolest person I've never met. Sending good vibes your way for Kona. Good luck with resting. It's tougher than training.

September 24, 2009 at 3:41 AM

 
Blogger RR said...

Love the play list! I cant wait to follow you on race day. It is same day as my birthday so I will be birthday wishing you to a great race!

September 24, 2009 at 3:57 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I really loved the playlist. A nice eclectic list of songs!

September 24, 2009 at 4:03 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

AHHH Bree.. you're almost there! THe playlist sounds amazing. I may email you even though I'm sure I'm not one of the first five! You're really pulling it together so keep up the good work and keep your head on for the next few weeks. Coach is right - conserve your energy! We are all thinking about you as you embark on this new part of your journey! You can do it!!!!!

September 24, 2009 at 4:47 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca DeWire said...

First off, I need to comment on how awesome your abs are! Wow!!! And you are totally going to be a rockstar come race day.

September 24, 2009 at 4:56 AM

 
Blogger Sarah Giacomarra Schrader said...

I am so excited for you. Good luck on race day where you are sure to earn 10 stars!

September 24, 2009 at 5:25 AM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

Heh Bree, it must be exciting now to be so close to the big race!! Glad the training is going good!!

Have fun with your team mates as they arrive.

I miss the 4 1/2 mile marker, but will see it soon,,, yeah!!

September 24, 2009 at 5:33 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

OMGosh, a FAME mention! I l.o.v.e.d. that show growing up Bree!

You are rocking the training!!

September 24, 2009 at 6:57 AM

 
Blogger Brent Poulsen said...

Bree,
good luck with the rest of your race prep. Rest up and Race Fast!

September 24, 2009 at 7:01 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

You know they are releasing a remake of FAME in a week or so. It's PG this time. I am pretty sure the original was R. We used to love that show as well.

Keep up the great work! You are looking speedy.

September 24, 2009 at 8:30 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Can you look any better?! Love the songs. Mix sounds great. I do not h a ve your e-mail address. Love today's pics. I have been taking one of them everyday and making them as my background here at work. Reminds me that I can swim, bike and run and be happy! Thanks,

September 24, 2009 at 8:50 AM

 
Blogger Slow Rider said...

I agree with Yasi and Bullet,
1st- I want your abs not music
2nd - You are the coolest chick

September 24, 2009 at 8:56 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

Wish I was there to enjoy those pics!! I can feel your excitement!!
-marn

September 24, 2009 at 9:45 AM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

I love your feet photo!! And I've enjoyed all these comments about your abs! Ha!

September 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Yeah Bree! You are ready, just a little more rest! Love the quotes!

tn

September 24, 2009 at 3:15 PM

 
Blogger Cricket said...

You are ready... I can see it in you, and hear it in your words. Do as your coach says, relax, focus and keep having a great time. I loved this post. (one of my favorites),and I too want those abs by the way:) You've got this honey...and we are here praying and sending good vibes everyday.
Love you,

September 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

Correction:

Butterflies have taken over your belly?

More like RIPPED AB MUSCLES MISSY!....

ps I ordered my Swisser's yesterday.

September 25, 2009 at 4:33 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You know, I am a post too late, but I met this really cool normal superstar pro at St Anthony's this year...... I think she is going to kick ass in two weeks..

September 25, 2009 at 7:38 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I only try to do one thing a YEAR that scares...clearly I need to step it up.

Awesome abs Bree!!

September 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM

 
Blogger Katya said...

you look beautiful and FIT!! You're going to have a great race!!

xoxo

September 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM

 
Blogger KoaKea said...

I actually have a playlist called "Channel Bree" on my ipod, lol.

Just to share a few:
Pepper-Ashes
Incubus-Dig
The Shins-Spilt Needles
Sia-Breathe Me
Angus and Julia Stone-Paper Aeroplanes
Maroon 5- Must Get Out
Nelly Furtado- Must Get Out
Notorious BIG- Juicy
Sudden Rush- Concrete Jungle
Gorillaz-Feel Good Inc.
Ice Cube-You Know How We Do It
Depeche Mode-Get the balance Right
Blue October Into the Ocean
Elizabeth and the Catapult-Race You
Eminem&Dido-Stan
Black Eyed Peas- weekends

Thanks for the Inspiration!!

October 1, 2009 at 6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home