Aloha!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Elmo's World...

Kainoa was Elmo, it was his world, his day here in Kona. BUT Mexico was all around me! Paco was ready for the fiesta too. There were a ton of mariachi's and even a band "Los Tigres" on stage. Oh boy... talk about getting me pshyched for Ironman Cozumel! Que Divertidooooooo! Forget candy, break out the salsa!
The place to be in Kona was none other than Ali'i Drive. The road closes from 2-midnight and all sorts of tricks, treats, and things you cannot image take place. Let me tell you, a few of the costumes were hilarious, and 2 of them I could never post on the rated "G" blog I try to keep! I saw all my students that were once 3rd graders now trick-or-treating like grown ups! My gosh time flies! Kainoa got his fair share of sugar and this momma carried the pumpkin. Let me take that back, my sister carried the pumpkin (she dressed her big pregnant belly as a pumpkin).


Even on a crazy Halloween evening Hawaii is beautiful! All the hibiscus and plumerias are sending this amazing smell more sweet than the candy filling the air! AND of course local food was making me hungry too...
Little Elmo is now snoring and I'm hoping we get a mad rush of trick-or-treaters as the night winds down so I can give all Elmo's candy away! (shhhhh, don't tell him I said that). Buenos Noches from Kona, with Mexico on my mind!!
.
Bree
.



9 Comments:

Blogger D said...

ELMO! WAAAAAAKE UUUUUUP!!!!! Don't worry, kid. I got your candy-lovin back ;)

October 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Fun! Save some candy for Elmo :))

November 1, 2009 at 1:18 AM

 
Blogger ADC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 1, 2009 at 1:18 AM

 
Blogger Missy said...

OK, I think I have some of your 'costume' still in my closet from ??? Ah, I love the 80's!

Sweet Elmo!

OHHHH, Plan A, I do like Plan A!

November 1, 2009 at 4:17 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

Nice to see I'm not the only mom who got dressed up. Hope you'll visit later tomorrow to see my get up. Love the smell of plumerias!! Sounds like a fun Halloween. Kainoa makes a very cute Elmo, and you're not so bad yourself chicky!

November 1, 2009 at 3:48 PM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Love Elmo! Fun day! Mark will bring him the candy you give away!

November 1, 2009 at 6:35 PM

 
Blogger Coach Liz said...

Let Elmo pick out 6 or 7 pieces to have over the next week and see if there is a dentist in your area that is offering to buy back children's candy for a $1 per pound. We have dentists in Houston that are doing this and then sending the candy to the troops overseas.

November 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca DeWire said...

Kainoa is a cute Elmo! I bought my daughter an Elmo costume, but she refused to wear it. Even though she is obsessed with Elmo, she screamed every time we tried to dress her in it. So instead, the dog wore the costume!

November 2, 2009 at 11:36 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I love how Kainoa hawaii-fied his Elmo costume with the surfer shorts!

November 2, 2009 at 11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home