Aloha!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bike Is In The Box...

Today is the first day since Kainoa and I have been off the island that I miss the island. I woke up and wanted to see Kailua Bay. I was in the mood for lunch with friends at KNF, sunset at the beach with a bunch of burritos. Then I went to the kitchen and my parents were there with morning coffee and everything was better. Kainoa was eating some cereal that his grandma spoils him with (we don't buy that kind back home), and then life felt perfect, like I was in the right place and the right time...not missing Hawaii anymore.
.
My bike is packed in the box...ready to roll to Mexico...estoy listo tambien!
Today was my last Floridian run pre Ironman Cozumel and let me tell you, it will not be forgotten for a VERY long time, LONG LONG time! Perhaps the only thing more scary would have been a gator chasing me...this morning it was a lightening storm! A complete dumping of water from the sky soon became a flood of puddles and the entire sky lit all sorts of colors. I have never been more in a panic, I'd rather be a pregnant girl with her water breaking in a super market in front of everyone then experience that again. Under the telephone poles I would sprint for fear of one falling over and the cables shocking me. My head was actually seeing visions of creepy things like that.... it is still raining... this is Florida for sure, so unpredictable, but perfect taper weather for a girl that feels the need to be outside 24/7.

Kainoa has been playing "bomb mom" while I type this. Now covered in black and blue from his body slams as I lay here...maybe a trip to Mexico is just what I need. AND I AM READY! The manager called this morning to check my head, still one of the craziest girls he knows, but at least racing is filling my brain with happy thoughts. Coach called with the final touches too. The rest is up to me... what a wonderful opportunity, I am so blessed to travel to another part of the world, to race another race, to call this my job is truly a dream come true!
.
Next stop...Mexico!
Gracias por su apoyo!! Soy una chica MUY feliz. Ahora, tiempo de competir!
.
Bree



18 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Go, Go, Go ! You are going to do fabulous. Hee Yaw!

November 25, 2009 at 7:13 AM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Yeah! Go Bree! Is the cereal better than the licorice?!

tn

November 25, 2009 at 7:19 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

I don't blame you for sprinting past the power lines crazy lady! That is all you need, to get zapped before a big race. Glad you escaped unelectrified.

Love that splish with the Sombreros on it, way cool.

go get 'em!

November 25, 2009 at 7:31 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Kainoa has the greatest smile. (Does that kid ever wear a shirt?)

Glad you made it through the storm alive. Wow!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2009 at 7:40 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck

November 25, 2009 at 7:47 AM

 
Blogger Terrish B said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I am glad to know that I am not the only crazy person that doesn't feel normal being locked inside for more than a few hours. I am so excited for your Mexico race!! Have fun and Hawaii is cheering for you!!!

November 25, 2009 at 8:06 AM

 
Blogger Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Woo hoo! Have a GREAT day out there Bree - you can do it! Oh... and that's one thing I don't miss about Florida - all the random lightning storms. FINE if you're inside. But not so great when you're, oh say - biking 20 miles from home or running at TOP SPEED to avoid random strikes :)

Go get 'em this weekend! YEA!!!

November 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM

 
Blogger Love and Puppies, Christy said...

I'll be there too - racing my first Ironman! I hope I get to meet you! Good luck!

November 25, 2009 at 8:24 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Have a great Thanksgiving, Bree, and good luck in Mexico...I have a feeling that this one will be a great one for you!!

November 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Have fun in MEXICO! Race smart - Kick butt and ROCK it!!!!

November 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM

 
Blogger triitagain said...

Good luck and have fun in Mexico!

Stacy

November 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

You're the best Bree. Thanks for the pic of Kianoa. It is my back drop today. I need to remember to be a kid at heart. Life is to short. Enjoy the moment. Happy Race Day:)

November 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer Harrison said...

Bree!
Have a great race and HAVE a great time!!!! :)

November 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

 
Blogger Sue said...

Happy Happy Thanksgiving, just alot of thinks that I am thankful for...every day is a thanks in my world...wishing you a great race...hugs

November 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM

 
Blogger Espen Wagener said...

Have a great race!

November 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Good luck Bree. Will be cheering for you all the way from the UK.

November 25, 2009 at 11:08 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Good luck Bree! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family and friends.

November 26, 2009 at 5:50 AM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

Buena suerteeeeeee AMIGA !!! :DDDD
que guapo Kainoa !!! y tu !!
SMILEEEEE !!! abrazos de nosotros 3!!!

November 26, 2009 at 10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home