Aloha!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Feet!

Today my feet were ALL SORTS of happy! It started with the swim... POOR KATE! She is about to race IM AZ, first time the Kona girl has EVER been in a wetsuit! It took 3 of us to get it on her! My feet were thanking me that they will not have to slip through a wetsuit anytime soon. From the swim to the bike...
Today was my first completely solo ride in about 4 months...I think. It was so weird not having at least one training partner for at least a tiny bit of it. I told myself to keep it together, to keep focused, to just do it. Usually, when you know you are on your last big deal race of the year you pee in your shoes. For some reason me peeing on the bike just never happens, AND today, on the longish ride, my feet were thanking me that they were not riding in pee soaked shoes from IM Hawaii.
.
Kainoa was happy too. The ride ended just in time to pick him up from school, so that meant he didn't have to eat Orange Tree with mom and her stinky feet (just stinky sweaty mom).
My feet got more happy. A box came filled with K-Swiss shoes for Ironman Mexico. K-Swiss got the 26.2 mile American shoes and the slippers (you know the race is on a white sandy island), so both will come in VERY handy! Thank you K-Swiss, feels like early Christmas!
.
10 days till Kainoa and I blast off to Florida... wooohoooooooo!
Time to put the feet up!
Bree.
.



17 Comments:

Blogger MaryMaryMyers said...

ohmygosh look at those patriotic shoes!!!!!!!!!! Can I have them when you're done with them?! God Bless the USA! ; )

November 3, 2009 at 6:36 PM

 
Blogger MM said...

Ugh. wetsuits. Thanks for reminding me. i wish i was going to mexico where the water is warm.

November 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Uh, I like those flip flops. Off to google to see where I can find them.

November 3, 2009 at 11:47 PM

 
Blogger The Lazy Triathlete said...

I love those USA shoes. I need a pair of those for Veterans Day!!!!

To show you how out of touch I have been, I finally saw your spread in Triathlete as I was laying in a bunk in Kuwait. Great job!!!

November 4, 2009 at 2:17 AM

 
Blogger TriGirl Kate O said...

I want those flip flops! So cool that KSwiss hooks you up so well. You and Kainoa deserve the time in FL, and you'll have an absolute BLAST in Cozumel!

November 4, 2009 at 3:38 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

I use to live in AZ, she will need that wet suit just to swim in the dirty man made river, yuck!!

Solo bike rides are good to clear the mind.

I hope the flipper flopper thieves leave your new flip flops alone.

November 4, 2009 at 4:50 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Sweet kicks! K-swiss really needs to do a full on Hawaiian flag shoe. I still do not get peeing on the bike - maybe it's my bashful bladder.

November 4, 2009 at 5:13 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Those are so fun!! LOVE EM!! They look super fast to me!

November 4, 2009 at 5:31 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

I love bright colorful shoes! I feel the assortment available to the rest of us civilians is sorely lacking in color and style. Maybe I should change my design work from dinnerware to footware.

Peeing on the bike...yeah, not sure I could do that, but may have to learn.

November 4, 2009 at 6:39 AM

 
Blogger greyhound said...

Cozumel awaits! I wanna see my two favorite Iron Chicas flogging each other round the course. You and Hillary, mano a mano (so to speak).

November 4, 2009 at 6:42 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Can't wait to watch you ROCK in Mexico!
The peeing thing - haven't tried it yet and I'm a bit afraid.

November 4, 2009 at 6:43 AM

 
Blogger Biff Carbon said...

Solo rides are like an oasis.... okay, one with cars. But I can see where living in paradise and being the social maven that you are, they might be a bit more challenging.

Watching for zippy stuff in Me Hee Ko!

November 4, 2009 at 10:23 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Happy to hear about your happy feet!

November 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Mexico is going to be awesome - no wetsuit!! Enjoy your travels & holiday!

November 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM

 
Blogger Heidi Austin said...

so patriotic bree! have fun in florida :)

November 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I only used my wetsuit for one swim and I almost ripped it trying to get it on. At least Kaitlin only needs to get it off during the race, but she should arrive early as it might take a while to get it on before the start.

November 5, 2009 at 9:21 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Super cool goodie box! I cannot tell you how many times I have hosed out my cycling shoes this season and ran my run shoes through the wash to get the pee out. After Cozumel I am retiring my bike shoes and getting new ones!

November 6, 2009 at 3:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home