Aloha!

Monday, December 7, 2009

42nd Largest Island...

Break out the pineapples this girl is going to Lanai! Lanai is the 42nd largest island in the US and the 6th largest in the Hawaiian Island chain. Also, lucky for me, the pineapple island-yummmmmy! 6th largest doesn't mean BIG, Lanai is 13 by 18 miles, talk about riding around the island a few times! I can hardly wait!
.
That little list I treasure is certainly tackling a lot of check-offs! My absolute fantasy is to visit all the Hawaiian Islands (well, not all 260 something), just the 8 major ones. Sadly, I think I will only ever see 6, and this is number 5. The other 2 I pretty much need to be 100% Hawaiian or marry a 100% Hawaiian man that speaks Hawaiian and pretty much lives in a grass skirt. I'm no fortune teller but my odds of becomming 100% Hawaiian (since I was born Indian, Irish, German, American mutt) will likely never change...
.
This island hopping is really exciting. It all started because Pat has a free hotel for a few days and Mark has a private plane that needs fixing and when the "Do you want to go" came to me, I said, "How can I say no". So I go. Kainoa is with his dad, I only have a swim and run on the plan as the off-season/recovery carries on the next couple days, and I have never been one to turn down a free adventure in travel! Only thing I have to pay for is food, consider me eating pineapples!
.
My camera, journal, book, bikini, run shoes, cap & goggles are packed for the jump across the Pacific, the big ol' 20 minute jump! It feels like Santa came to visit me early, I'm so excited! I promise to take heaps of fotos as I know this opportunity is a total dream! Enjoy your week... next stop, Lanai! Oh, and for all of you thinking I am taking a "warm vacation", turns out Lanai is the coldest island! It is 1700ft all around and reaches a high of 72*.... today it was in the 60's.... so maybe I should bring the wetsuit too.... ha ha...

Night from Kona.
Bree



13 Comments:

Blogger MM said...

Have fun! If you get bored you can swim to Maui. It's only 10 miles.

December 7, 2009 at 9:33 PM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Oh have fun. I am expecting lots of photos.

December 8, 2009 at 12:06 AM

 
Blogger Laurent said...

Very nice video, a bit of sun for us because in France it is cold.
The coration of the fir is original with all this dolls, entertaining!!!
I come of create my new blog: isabellaurent.blogspot.com
Thanks for The sun which takes in into my computer with your site.
The French

December 8, 2009 at 12:06 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

How exciting

December 8, 2009 at 3:47 AM

 
Blogger Coach Liz said...

It sounds like you need to take a sweatshirt and some warm-up pants as well. Have a great time and eat a pineapple for me!

December 8, 2009 at 3:57 AM

 
Blogger RR said...

Have so much fun!

December 8, 2009 at 5:38 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

Who knew about the 100% Hawaiian thingy?? Interesting.... Have fun.

December 8, 2009 at 9:02 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

What?! YOur NOT Hawaiian?! ha!

Have fun and take lots of photos...as if I need to tell you.

December 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Enjoy your vacay! Can't wait to see the photos!

December 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

Have a BLAST!

December 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

Enjoy, "the" Lanai!! Sounds like an interesting Island. Sounds chilly as well, dress warm :)

December 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Trishie said...

have a great trip ! question -- why can't you see all 8 of the major islands? are the other ones just really hard to get to? really private?

I'm sorry I missed seeing you in Cozy but I did see your bike and your hula girl taped up front !

and I LOVE your xmas tree. fantastic!

December 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Have a great time! I will think of you as I sit in -4 degree weather with snow!

December 9, 2009 at 4:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home