Aloha!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Day I turned 30...

Somebody told me 30 is one of the BEST decades you live... you are still young and adventurous but all of a sudden you have patience...the meaningless worries over spilt milk fade away as you focus on more important things...sounds like a good decade for me.
.
This morning was breakfast with Kainoa and a swim in the deep blue sea. Float, float, floating my morning away without a care in the world. The ocean sung me all of its lullaby's and the morning sun took hold of my heart. Everything wonderful in my life surfaced to the forefront of my mind. The amazing family and friends I am blessed with. My beautiful son and motherhood. Triathlon and all that comes with it-including my manager, sponsors, coaches, team mates, other athletes I meet along the way, the travel, racing, and training... it's all so good.



Here is my swim, from all sorts of goofy angles as I had my camera hooked to my goggles then my hip...there really is something about the ocean...
.

video

.
After the swim it was time to get some work done... then time to cook! The night brought over some of the people that matter most in my world. We danced and laughed and ate more burritos than humanly possible. It's now way past my bedtime. Day one of being 30 is a keeper!
.
NIGHT!
Bree



18 Comments:

Blogger chr15 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

December 18, 2009 at 1:45 AM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday, Bree! Enjoy!

December 18, 2009 at 1:52 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

Happy Birthday, Bree! Welcome to the 30's club. :)

December 18, 2009 at 3:31 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

Happy BDay!!! Welcome to the club!!

December 18, 2009 at 3:46 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Welcome to your wonderful 30's! I do not know if I am more jealous of your incredibly scenic training environment, or the burritos you consumed, as they are one of my favorite foods as well.

Are you racing Rev3 Cedar Point? I have some friends that are on Team Trakkers that are racing there and Quassay. Cedar Point will be my first iron distance event. Very nervous!

Happy Training!

Mark

December 18, 2009 at 4:04 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 18, 2009 at 4:04 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! You put it so well...turning 30. I'll keep that in mind in 6 months when i get there.

December 18, 2009 at 4:30 AM

 
Blogger Greyt Times said...

Happy Birthday BW! I've enjoyed my 30s so far. You will too!

December 18, 2009 at 5:04 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Happy birthday... and you know, when you are in your 40s and even 50s (gasp!) you can still be "young and adventurous". At least I hope so, otherwise someone better wake me up!!

December 18, 2009 at 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Glad it was great! Loved the fish in your video :)

December 18, 2009 at 8:22 AM

 
OpenID damontucker said...

Eh ... that's one typo yeah... you can't be 30... you sure your not 20?

Happy Birthday!

December 18, 2009 at 8:27 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

Happy Birthday! But as someone getting closer to 50... enjoy being so young!

December 18, 2009 at 9:47 AM

 
Blogger patrick.leblanc said...

Happy BREE-DAY !!!!

Spoil yourself :)

December 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Happy Birthday Bree!!!

Your 30's are going to be a blast. I am getting ready to take on the 40's. I'm just so excited that I get to move into a older age group where I might have a chance of placing in the top half of the group.

Great video with all the fish and spectacular sights.

December 18, 2009 at 12:04 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Being in the 4th decade I vote for this one as the best so far, but your thirties do rock!

December 18, 2009 at 1:18 PM

 
Blogger Regina said...

My 30's were great! But it's over now, reality has set in. ha!

Happy Birthday and enjoy the decade!

December 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Happy Birthday! 30's are good. Good time are ahead.

December 18, 2009 at 8:01 PM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many happy returns!

December 21, 2009 at 5:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home