Aloha!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shifting Sands...

Back in action... in Kona that is! How wonderful it is to be on DAY 2 of "a float in the ocean". I'm happily in love with all things life & ocean swimming, I mean floating, once again!!! The weather is perfect right now, not too hot, and not cold...just perfect for anything and everything outside. The nights are good too, you can actually use covers at night in Kona and not have a heat stroke. The stars are extra big too, that makes for more wishes on bigger & brighter ones!
The sands are shifting here in Kona for me... from loads of swimbikerun to more floats, easy spins, cruising with friends, and just sitting at the pier for however long feels content with the sister and her little family. It's nice. I'm trying to really, fully enjoy it, as sooner or later it will be full-time trimomma again. The brain is already recovered. How do I know? Because I want to run the Honolulu or Costa Rica Marathon in 2 weeks. Of course I didn't dare ask coach, he let me go to Cozumel, that was the deal, that and no winter marathon.... but when you are totally eager to train and the motivation is high then I think you are mentally recovered. Physically recovered, not yet...at least I don't think, I've yet to attempt anything other than chase Kainoa and float.
Lots is changing, I'm do all the things that usually go on the "News Years Resolution" list right now so when the New Year is here I am already done or started on the 2010 goals. No, I'm not type A, I just decided to start now since life has some time. In fact, I cleaned my house for almost 2 hours today, (and my home is really small)... The Kiwi's are coming, they are on the beach if I don't give them my floor and couch so I decided to clean... probably a darn dumb idea as they are not known to be at all clean... oh well, Kainoa will enjoy a couple more kids and I will enjoy baking and cooking for more than me and Kainoa!
.
I'm still working on booking that flight somewhere warm, ha ha... Life has also served up some surf! Ahhhhh, consider the wax and leash ready for the soon coming swell. My other mission is to find the owner of a black bike that somehow is STILL on my lanai from almost 6 weeks ago. Dave said I stole it in the night, I think someone left it here. I'll keep it.
.
Finally, books are my friend. In Florida my mother took the book nerd in me book shopping, then I found a couple more on my own, now totaling 11 books! 2 are already pau!! I have to recommend one to all the girls out there who are total dreamers for their prince charming... it's called, "Someday my prince will come". It is so hilarious, like laugh out loud funny. Pretty much I only read nonfiction so this book, knowing some girl really lived like this, cracks me up with every page. She always dreamed of marrying a prince, a real one from England. When she gets older she really goes on her mission to find one and that is all I will tell! Ask for it as a stocking stuffer!! The other book will complete my mission as a single mom...."New Start for Single Moms". Okay, single motherhood isn't new anymore but I still need all the help I can get. AND this book I hope I never have to recommend to anyone, it's good but I would rather you stay happily married :)
Finally, the tree is up, hot pink, hula girls, and hibiscus... it was only 9 bucks, couldn't resist! The stockings are hung too. We strung lei's around the top of them rather than the usual white poofy part. Tonight the lights go up on the lanai. It's Christmas in Kona & we love it!
.
Now we are about to bake holiday cookies! Talk about off-season activities!
Happy Weekend!!
Bree



10 Comments:

Blogger Damie said...

Cute, Bree! Been thinking about you and hope you are doing well! I may check out that "prince" book...I love girly stuff like that, ironically!

December 5, 2009 at 5:30 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

What a great Christmas Tree!

Here is a book to add to your list that I read while in Cozumel: Crazy for the Storm--A Memoir of Survival by Norman Ollestad. He recounts his survival from a plane crash when he was eleven and his surfing journeys with his father.

It is a very fast read.

December 5, 2009 at 7:21 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh the weather looks amazing! I wish I was somewhere near the beach right now!

December 6, 2009 at 11:30 AM

 
Blogger Heidi Austin said...

christmas in kona sounds perfect. And I really do want to steal your adorable pink tree. Winter is in full force and I need something tropical!

December 6, 2009 at 4:02 PM

 
Blogger E.L.F. said...

Are you wearing a winter hat? In Kona?

December 6, 2009 at 4:18 PM

 
Blogger Regina said...

I'm exhausted just reading your post...marathon? Oh, to be young.

Love the tree!

December 6, 2009 at 6:42 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That tree rocks! So Bree!

Love your blog post title...perfection.

Happy holidays hula girl :-)

December 7, 2009 at 5:03 AM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Your sister is just too cute!!

December 7, 2009 at 11:27 AM

 
Blogger Tim Kasparek said...

a stocking hat and a bikini, only you!

December 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

That weather sounds great. Texas has been cold and rainy since back from Cozumel :( I'm ready to go back...

JD

December 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home