Aloha!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Beautiful Belly........

Look at my beautiful sister, she is going to smash me up when she discovers I posted this and some other things we have planning around the belly! Oh it's good to be the "older sister" .
.
Today I don't feel my legs. They are at last nights track. Seeing a track was something I was not envisioning this early in a season...but it came sooner than expected. It wasn't a horrible hard session, it was a "welcome back" to running in circles and feeling some speed, some belly aching, and a bit of "hold on", just a bit to remind me what happens at a track.
.
Main set, in case you want to borrow mine, was 12x400 descending 1-3 each time, and all under 90 seconds with a 30 second rest (or 200 easy jog between). It goes in the books as a favorite track session. It wasn't "cake" but is was far from "digging a well". It was the beautiful balance between "I love running and I like to feel my breath while doing it". For me, not being a track kind of girl it was probably a good thing to start me in with something challenging yet possible with some effort. Now I'm ready to embrace these kind of workouts a little less intimidated...
.
I'm discovering after a hard season of learning it's important to remember success, even if it is just a little thing like managing 12 loops around a track. We kind of need that as athletes, to know what it feels like to complete a goal and finish something with a smiley face sticker rather than another painful lesson learned, even if in time the lessons make us better.
.
Enjoy your weekend!! Cheers to big belly's and feeling a bit of success!



13 Comments:

Blogger Tim Kasparek said...

i HATE track workouts........probably why i don't do many!!! keep up the good work Bree, it's easy to tell you are happy right now. i am counting on a big year out of you... NO PRESSURE!!!:)

January 22, 2010 at 7:00 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

She is all Belly! So sute! When is she due? Woohoo on the track workout! I try to avoid them!

January 22, 2010 at 8:14 AM

 
Blogger Samantha said...

ugh. my college coach's favorite workout (like literally this was all we did for speed sessions. he never threw in variety) was 20x400 in lane 9 at 5k/10k pace with a jog to the top of the curve to the stagger line as recovery. They should've been 90s but he'd always "yell" at us to keep pushing them down and we'd end up doing them at 80s. kinda defeated the point of the workout when that's not 10k pace. No wonder I hated running for a while, but SO glad I'm loving it again. Nice job getting it done. I bet that feels great! we need to catch up. I better see you around sometime this year!

January 22, 2010 at 8:27 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

your sis looks awesome! due soon? 12x400...I would love that. in a sick way. :) i could do them under 1:30 but NOT with only 30 sec rest..that's amazing! hope your legs perk back up today!

January 22, 2010 at 8:52 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

She looks fabulous! When is she due? I'm due February 17th. Can't wait until I can run and to hit the track again, although those sets are a bit fast for me! :)

January 22, 2010 at 9:07 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Your sister looks so beautiful! I hope she's doing well in pregnancy!

January 22, 2010 at 10:15 AM

 
Blogger NJ said...

Brooke is beautiful both pregnant and not! With her and Nick getting so much practice with Kainoa, this should be a breeze for them and K will feel like this baby is a sibling - but one that he can escape from! HAHA You all are in for such a fun time in the coming years!

Good luck on the coming season!

January 22, 2010 at 2:30 PM

 
Blogger kristen said...

You sister should definilty not be upset. She looks fantastic!

I LOVE me some speedwork. I don't do mine on a track though, I use a measured loop on a road. Even better. Your workout was insane!

January 23, 2010 at 4:51 AM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Your sister is so cute!

I totally get your "important to remember success". I like to have a little success in every workout.

January 23, 2010 at 5:00 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

First, your sis looks fantastic!!

Second, 12x400??!! that is a sick track workout. I only just started doing them with MamaSimmons and I want to die! 1:30?! holy crap, I am such a lightweight...I want to cry when I do them at 1:45.

You are like the bionic woman.

January 24, 2010 at 5:01 PM

 
Blogger beth said...

BEAUTIFUL belly!

January 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM

 
Blogger Ordinarylife said...

your sister looks great! It must be awesome to be so close to her. I wish mine would move back, London is too far away!!!

January 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca DeWire said...

Wow, your sister is one of the most beautiful preggie ladies ever. What a great looking belly. I looked nothing like that when I was pregnant!

January 27, 2010 at 2:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home