Aloha!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Big Kahuna...

The big surf killed my H2O camera. The broken camera didn't kill any fun, however fotos of this mornings BIG SURF SWIM are missing in action, along with the fotos of "The Big Kahuna". Coach Steve had our swim team jump into the ocean for masters this morning. The surf report was 15-20 footers, no worries, we can swim. Let me tell you, this was REAL rough water swimming. It was incredible! Out to the half-mile buoy, out to 6th, out to 5th, out to 5th again, and we had to touch the sand each trip to shore. I think this was my favorite swim of the year, so far. By the time practice was over swim caps were sliding off, sand in the suit and our teeth (don't ask), swim suits up and off in most areas, hair flying, guys crying, goggles not surviving the swell, Coach laughing, swimmers sea sick, it was better than morning coffee, (if I drank coffee that is). And the Big Kahuna... let's just say he was a man in a skirt and I wish the fotos weren't destroyed, it was funny...really funny. After the swim it was a surf. JUST KIDDING. I was on my bike...again...and loving it. Today we were 6. Having so many people to train with is making this big bike block breeze right along. Corace brought a radio. I'm not kidding. Behind me I heard music thinking it was a cell phone song ringing, it was his tunes, attached to his bike, while we ride. Thankfully the ride was base. The guys were bringing flashbacks to when they would ride with walkmans (back in the day before helmets). It felt like an "old school" bike ride, jamming along. After an hour I had to jam along solo, doing my own prudent thing. Nice and easy breesy.
.
Today was the first day my legs felt tired. The miles are coming along just fine as my body is in one piece, sore, but one piece. Me and my bike still love eachother, we are riding happily ever after, and I have high hopes we will still be in love by the end of the bike block.
.
From bike to eat. From eat to feet up at the beach, (to watch the surfers, just watch), from beach to run feet run. From run to eat and now sleep...


I love days like this, fully loaded with almost all the things I love...
Night!
.



7 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

Moooorning Bree from Gavà !! bonito dia....muy bien!
Lastima tu camara...
Aqui hace mucho frio pero voy entrenando muy abrigado y lo pasamos muy bien.Cuando veo Hawaii y su calido clima me hace pensar en lo mucho que me gusta ir con shorts y chanclas( zapatillas de verano).Carlitos esta creciendo muy fuerte y muy rapido...como pasa el tiempo....estoy en una nube todo el dia....
Muchos abrazos y besitossss a Kainoa !!!

January 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM

 
Blogger MM said...

I want to come ride with you.

January 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM

 
Blogger Ange said...

those pictures are gorgeous! so sparkly!!! Ahhh...hawaiian memories.I'm glad you're having fun...that swim sounds like a blast to me. Curious to hear more about your new coach...exciting for you. Having met your old coach Paul in Kona I'm interested. I know changing like that is a big decision adn can be hard. I'm glad you are happy. here's to 2010!!!

January 7, 2010 at 4:23 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

That's it! I'm done with this icy cold and the thought of getting on a bike trainer?? Boooooooo.
I'm officially jealous!!

January 7, 2010 at 5:28 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Happy belated new year Bree! So glad to see you back on your island and having fun with the training!

January 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Julia said...

I tried swimming in rough waters once on Oahu, (can't remember the name) and go totally seasick. Big pats on the backs for all the swimmers!
The flower picture is just so beautiful!

January 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Sorry to hear about the camera. Did you lose the memory card because sometimes you can get stuff off that even when it seems destroyed.

I need to figure out a way to get to the islands. This cold and snow is ridiculous and I have lived in it all my life.

Continue with your prude-nt ways.

January 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home