Aloha!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Day In My Office...

These are the views from my office. I overlook the world. This morning I woke up and thought..."today I'm going to ride my bike, this is my job", I really love my job, what a gift. It's one thing to enjoy what you do and another to appreciate it and never take it for granted, this view I never take for granted, this life and the people who make it possible I never take for granted. When I am 80 and in my rocking chair looking back on my life I will smile at the life I am enduring.
My office has no walls. I'm free. There is no phone, in fact I missed a call from my boss (coach Jimmy) and one from the MAN-ager. My co-workers are some of the best friends a girl could have, they are training partners, cyclists, runners, swimmers, even dolphins on my good days. The dress code is always KSwiss or Splish, simple. There is no "time clock" or "punch card", I just have to get the work done around Kainoa's schooling. There is also no "Friday pay day", that part is up to me, to work hard and hope for my best days on race days. It's worth it living race to race at this moment in my life. I'm young, healthy, and the opportunities are happening now.
These are my work shoes today. Very classy, I know. Sometimes they match my outfit, other times not. My other work shoes are made for running and the others are bare feet.
My office has a vending machine unlike other offices, it's outside, in the sunshine or rain on rainey days. It's always stocked full of fruits, veggies, and happy people. 50 cents later I am fueled and back to work. This is the restroom. It's pretty clean as long as the boys don't use it first. On more important days at the office, like meetings (race day), I just go in my pants. This job is not known to be totally clean and fresh. My perfume is usually sunscreen. My hair is mostly a mess. And I have bad tan lines. Today I loved life in my office. Today I loved my job more than I have in a really long time. My boss has me fired up to get my work done, to value my work, and to be responsible with deadlines. He has also helped me find balance with with motherhood and is helping me be patient. I'm just like most other people holding down a job... I like a drink after work too. Today's drink was cold and green. It's now time for a bed time story with my favorite 3 year old, this is my favorite job. Good night from Kona.
.
Bree
.









20 Comments:

Blogger Ordinarylife said...

Another tough day in the office for you!

It sounds great - and it is fantastic to read about somebody who loves and appreciates what they do.

January 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a clever and wonderful post Bree! You're amazing.

January 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

me gusta tu oficina !!! jajaja ! besoss

January 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM

 
Blogger chr15 said...

So I just "went in my pants" at my last business meeting. It didn't go down to well. Ruined a $500 suit too.

BTW Just kidding :)

January 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Great day at the office! Why does the cold and green drink seem scary to me? Is it because it is too green? My work shoes look just like yours. Don't you love them? They are so comfortable!

January 13, 2010 at 3:18 AM

 
Blogger ADC said...

Great job!

January 13, 2010 at 4:17 AM

 
Blogger t-odd said...

Is your company hiring?

What a great post. I love the fact that you remain grateful for your life and the opportunities you have been given. You never seem to take anything for granted. It's such a refreshing attitude.

January 13, 2010 at 4:19 AM

 
Blogger Mae said...

Thank you. Thank you for your humble attitude, your love for your son, your love for your job, and your love for a beautful, simple, adventurous life. I always feel so rereshed and alive after reading your posts. Have a fabulous day at the office!

January 13, 2010 at 6:01 AM

 
Blogger Christy said...

You sound happy. I like your drinks. Being a newbie, that's what I drank when I only did yoga. I gained fatty weight w/ tri & the new foods. Your food is what I like. Good to know we can eat what I know to be healthy for my fam. The spinach drink was yummy in my juicer. Like the honesty in your Nic blog. Cheers w/ my spinach drink, "To successful & happy work days."

January 13, 2010 at 6:26 AM

 
Blogger Lisa T said...

As usual, I love your positive attitude!

January 13, 2010 at 6:27 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

I want your office!!!

January 13, 2010 at 6:28 AM

 
Blogger Molly said...

Bree, you have sounded so happy lately and it makes me so happy FOR you!!! I'm so glad things are moving up and in the right direction :)

January 13, 2010 at 6:59 AM

 
Blogger Marni said...

I love your office. Is there room for Campy and me?
-marn

January 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM

 
Blogger Charisa said...

Love your bathroom :)

January 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM

 
Blogger Heidi Austin said...

I like the happy hour drink. That's the best. Tough life :)

January 13, 2010 at 1:33 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I love your office!

January 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM

 
Blogger greyhound said...

Alas, I can't have your office without giving up my paycheck--which the spouse and child are quite fond of. And me too, to be truthful. I'll continue to wear the golden hand cuffs and live vicariously through your adventures.

January 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

Good grief! Those are some g seriously gorgeous pictures!

January 15, 2010 at 7:09 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE your vending machine. It makes me want to open wide and stuff my face like a chipmunk.

I love the seasons changing in New England, but that is the one thing that I would change about living here. Only having fresh fruit for a few months per year. BOO.

January 19, 2010 at 8:12 AM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Love this post Bree!!!! And I laughed out loud at the going in your pants comment. Priceless. :)

January 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home