Aloha!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday.

"When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship to the Creator." Mahatma Gandhi
I love, LOVE, love sunsets and Kona has been serving up some of the best this winter! Sunsets that drop into a huge ocean of blue surf, sunsets that settle in just behind tall palm trees, and sunsets that take your breath away. Tonights sunset was unreal...really. Only 22 hours till we get to watch it again! Of course, before that...there is MORE biking to do. Todays ride was not as chill as yesterday, it was a couple boys and serious wind dragging me around like a rag doll. And, my first flat of the season. After that it was a run and massage, OH YES, life is back to normal again! Phewwwwwwwwwwwww....
Flat, no worries, I stole 3 tubes from Brooke & Nick (and a drink for Kainoa).
Okay, now time to spill some beans. That (see above foto), is my coach. The goofy one looking at the camera. Someone very wise once said something like this, "It doesn't matter so much who the coach is, it matters how much the athlete believes the plan". If you believe it you do it and you do it well and you don't doubt it and then you trust it on race day and believe also in yourself. That last part is pretty important, no matter how much your mom calls to say, "honey I believe in you", you have to believe too...........
.
I'm beyond words thankful for my time with the Lifesport crew. The adventures, the coaches, the amazing girls I got to train with at those ultimate training camps, and of course all the people of Canada that always made those trips so much fun. Memories forever. 2010 will bring on all sorts of new memories, starting with this hilarious coach Jimmy that might be more crazy about sport, laughing, and life than me! Okay.... that's all I really have to say on that, so those of you that have been so supportive of my tri-life thank you and I thought it would be time to be honest about who the crazy man is that is making me ride my bike a lot...
.
Time to refill the water bottles for tomorrows ride...Night.
Bree



16 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

Bree, I hope your 2010 will be amazing. And with a coahc who hangs with this "other guy" in the photo, I am sure it will.

January 6, 2010 at 12:07 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Were the two boys dragging you around the island your coach and Lance? I know he is on the island doing some riding because I have been seeing his video clips on YouTube. It those were your ride partners, that is SUPER COOL!!!

January 6, 2010 at 3:40 AM

 
Blogger D said...

Wait... uh... what??? But... you'll still come to the Vancouver Half, right? *pout*

I think we need to have a serious e-mail convo soon. It's been too long :)

January 6, 2010 at 6:38 AM

 
Blogger Julia said...

OMG those photos are so beautiful I want to hop on a plane to HI this instant!
Good luck in 2010 Bree! I'm sure the new year will bring lots of laughs and memories :)

January 6, 2010 at 7:52 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

Biking around in Hawaii with a couple of legends... nice way to start the new year! :)

January 6, 2010 at 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Nibbles said...

Congrats on the new coach! Seriously impressive photo!

January 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM

 
Blogger Sarah Giacomarra Schrader said...

Did you not mention Lance on purpose?! Were those the guys who dragged you around the island?
BTW, why the new coach? I'm not being nosy, just wondering the reasons why one might switch coaches.

January 6, 2010 at 8:16 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

You reminded me I need to get new tubes, thanks!!

I love what you said about the coach and believing in the plan thing. I am so all over that. I am being coached by MamaSimmons and I have TOTAL trust in the weekly plans she gives me and I tackle them like no one's business. It makes me feel stoked for the big race.

January 6, 2010 at 11:02 AM

 
Blogger KevinandSpring said...

Sweet!!! Jimmy Riccitello??? He is a badd ass from Tucson. I feel like I have come full circle. I am a cyclist in Tucson and look at your blog to get pumped up to move to Oahu end of Feb. Hope we get to train together someday. I will ride a hundred miles with you if you teach me that natural swimming ocean thing you got going on.:)

Spring

January 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer Harrison said...

AWESOME! Good luck with Jimmy R....!! Sometimes we come full circle and it is time for a change...good! ENJOY and all the best in 2010.

January 6, 2010 at 2:10 PM

 
Blogger E.L.F. said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I think you have made the best decision for YOU and your future as a triathlete. :)

January 6, 2010 at 2:18 PM

 
Blogger MM said...

Looking forward to reading all about 2010. And more pictures of Lance, if possible.

January 6, 2010 at 5:06 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

I remember some commentators saying before the last Ironman that Chrissie would get beat because she was no longer with her long-term coach. Well, the rest is history. Anyway, it does not really matter who the coach is, but rather what the results are, and that you are having a good time. Best of luck in 2010.

January 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

yay congrats on the new coach! can he hook me up with lance ;) looking forward to reading all about your 2010 season.

January 7, 2010 at 7:58 AM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Hard to tell with the helmet and sunglasses on but it looks like Jimmy Riccitello. And with all the biking you've been doing that would make sense. I met him at a Multisports IM camp back in 2006 and he was my favorite coaches there. Best of luck working with your new coach!!

January 24, 2010 at 12:33 AM

 
Blogger TheOC said...

That's a pretty good move, means you will NEVER get a drafting penalty at any IM race. Good job!

January 24, 2010 at 7:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home