Aloha!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Motivation...

Today was a good one, I think the island is still on a "high" from the Lance/Lieto TT yesterday. Everyone is still talking about it, sharing fotos, the newspaper had it front page sports section, and of course it was skipping through my mind still. Then I saw this (see above), from my friend Erin. WHOA ya my heart got motivated. Just when you think you are living each breath as it could be the last, loving all your friends and family as much as possible, and doing things with a purpose, little reminders make you jump into overdrive, and this put me full speed ahead!
.
Instant motivation to not worry life away but fill it full of some good moments.
Then I got view of this foto... its my amigo in Costa Rica. I remember when we were 16 and playing that game, "What do you dream of in the future?". He always said, "Be a pro surfer and teach surfing to the world". My gosh he is doing it! He said it, he went through the ups and downs of chasing a dream, and now he is happily on a surf board everyday of his life! Yeah, that pretty much gave me more motivation than the first picture. Now I was on double-time motivation with everyone around me just finding another reason to press on, believe, chase a dream, and then see them come true...
.
I had some feisty running this morning. Coach made me use the treadmill as my BOSS. Pretty much I put in the numbers, set the pace, and had to make the legs move or fall off. After the 1st of 10 rounds my head did a little, "oh my gosh, really, 9 more?". Then I looked to the left and who did my wandering eyes see??? Kona & the WORLDS number one big wave rider, Shane Dorian. Yep, in the very same gym "training". After that 2-10 were like butter. Smooth as can be I let my dreams dangle in front of me. Seeing another dream chaser and achiever like Shane gave me so much motivation the treadmill broke after I was done with it!
Then I got this photo, another one from yesterday to add to my 10 others. This one I really like, I might even hang it on my fridge as more MOTIVATION. My whole day went like that, little snap shots flung into my life of people all over the world who were and are "just people" who decided to dream and chase.
.
Wherever you are and whatever you are doing keep doing it if you love it...and dream some more, then don't stop till you get there...
NIGHT from Kona!
.
PS. 64 days...dreaming...
Bree
.



15 Comments:

Blogger ADC said...

I love that first photo. I love your bubbly posts because they really always remind me to be happy and live my life the way I want to.

February 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM

 
Blogger chr15 said...

Thanks Bree.

Just what I need a great big serving of motivation.

February 19, 2010 at 12:03 AM

 
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, one of my favorite mottos is similar:

"Live every day as if it were your last and one day you'll be right."

Very cool about Lance & Lieto being on the Big Island!!

February 19, 2010 at 3:05 AM

 
Blogger miles99999 said...

Thanks for the post Bree, just what I needed to read. Great pics of you with Lance and Lieto.

February 19, 2010 at 3:14 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

I need to print out that first photo and tape it to my son's bathroom mirror. He is starting to go through those moody pre-teen years and there I many times I ask him to do an attitude check. Great stuff!

February 19, 2010 at 3:18 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

My motto has always been see, feel, do! Thanks for reminding me that I should continue on this path!

February 19, 2010 at 4:19 AM

 
Blogger Bullet said...

You're killing me! Even though I'm sitting behind my desk at work, I'm going to brainstorm about how to salvage the day. Thanks for the reminder.

February 19, 2010 at 4:34 AM

 
Blogger Teresa said...

Very motivating, very inspiring....keep aiming high!

tn

February 19, 2010 at 5:49 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Inspiring post Chica! Dare to Dream:)))

February 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Go Gammie said...

Another great post Bree. That is nice of you to let Lance and Chris get their photo taken with you. Have a great weekend !!

February 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Great pic of you and the boys. Sounds like exciting time on the island and you're soaking it all up and spreading the joy- that's my girl!

February 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Thanks for the pictures
Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality....
Have no doubts.

February 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM

 
Blogger Monica Kvas said...

Awwww, great post and amazing photos!!!!

February 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

A rose between to thorns....those boys were so lucky to have a picture with you in it. That is the best quote EVER.

February 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

 
Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Bree, in that last picture of you and the cyclists, I know you are in the middle, but who on earth are the two guys?

February 21, 2010 at 5:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home