Aloha!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Run N' Sun...

Coach gave me a long run...build, then hold, then go. So I built, a bit tired after yesterday's 10k, then I settled into my groove for 2hours, then I went, and 22 miles later I called it AWESOME! Very AWESOME! It was one of those runs where you know you have it on the plan all week but you mentally get yourself fired up for it so when it hits you are prepared. I even broke out the KSWISS Japan kicks. Kainoa tested them for me then said, "Mom they are ready". I love new shoes on long runs!! After the run coach said to find some balance with island activities-the beach.
We were beach buns all day, just watching all the children play, some ocean swims, some snorkeling, a lot of laughing, picnics, and whatever else that "Happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii" kind of moments. For sure it was balance at it's finest after a good week of training.

This is partly the reason I was SO excited about the beach. All run long I was craving a salty spam musubi. I know, I know, cookies and cakes never excite me, BUT this is my one major temptation that I let myself enjoy next to the ocean after a strong long run...and it was heaven in Hawaii! That and Kainoa smiling...
Cheers to another very good week in this life. Time for bed!! And...2 weeks till Lavaman! WHOOOOOOP WHOOOOOP, first major triathlon of the season for the Hawaiian Islands, yahooooooo! If you happen to be racing (or not) and want to meet up to talk story about anything and everything Lavaman, Bike Works is hosting a session this Thursday at 6pm, see ya there!!
.
Bree







9 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Bree! I tried spam musubi for the first time last week and thought of you!!!...and then on Cash Cab they asked the question, "which state consumes the most spam?" and I shouted out HAWAII (because I thought of the spam musubi)...and I was right. Too bad I didn't get a part of the money. Hope all is well!

March 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Great job on the run and then the relaxation on the beach! Have a great week!

March 15, 2010 at 3:02 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

AND Winter finally left Florida... hurray!!
Now maybe we can get close to what you guys see year round!!!
Keep up the good work.

March 15, 2010 at 8:08 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Clearly you're ready to rock n roll Bree! Tho the spam sushi looks a little bit scary.

March 15, 2010 at 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Jody said...

can't wait to swim with the turtles and whales at lavaman! and of course to meet you!!!!

March 15, 2010 at 2:37 PM

 
Blogger r said...

I wore the Japan shoes today too.. and it was a crazy good run. Must be the shoes!!!! xoxo

March 15, 2010 at 6:55 PM

 
Blogger Christina Bhanos said...

Work Hard. Play Hard!

March 16, 2010 at 12:30 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Love the pictures! I'm helping a friend train for Lavaman, her first triathlon! I'm so excited for her and to hear all about the race. Some day...some day....I'll come race it.

The spam musubi looks pretty good.

March 16, 2010 at 7:47 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Spam musubi? Wow, that's a new one to me. I'll try anything once. Twice if you ask me nicely.

March 18, 2010 at 7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home