Aloha!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hard Laughter...

Today was a run, a really good one. Then a ride. Then time for some hard laughter, but not too much of anything other than that-I'M TAPERING!! My single wish for the day was to have hard laughter during the day, the kind that makes you appreciate being alive no matter what and to have star filled skies at night...sounds so simple but that was all I needed, it would help me hold my heart high.
.
Riding the beach cruiser to Honls for girl time with Kate had me laughing...something about beach cruisers. When I passed a lady I wondered if I needed to shout, "on your left" and I wondered if its really fair to draft a man on a road bike...still laughing on that. Kate and I laughed out loud for a little sunsesh. Then I got my truck back and laughed at the bill. Then Kainoa and I made cookies and I laughed at the people that will eat them because he left a few egg shells in there. Then Tyson attacked Kainoa with tickle monsters like a child, I laughed too, it feels good to laugh like a kid. Today I fell more in love with the ocean. I seriously am amazed that I am about to cross 2 of them and slightly bummed that the view will mostly be non-existent from the plane. Africa is on my mind a lot again today...not as much the homesick-that was yesterday, but the way I want to get my head in the right spot. Ready to swim 2.4 miles, ready to ride 112 and not look at Africa like I'm on a safari but ride, then run 26.2 miles, run all of it...hmmm, sounds so sweet.
And finally, more laughing over last night... in case you have yet to hear, I'm not really going to prom with the islands fastest high school swimmer. It was just fun-and-games. You know us Kona Aquatics, never a dull moment. You know what I have learned lately...that sometimes you have to learn to let go and hold on at the same time. And you have to let your weaknesses become your strengths...both of those are my missions to accomplish right now.
It's bed time, star filled skies I love you!
.
Tomorrow swim practice and a massage... and I have my truck back! SO anyone that needs a ride call me, I owe a lot of people a lot of rides, pay backs I suppose.
.
Bree



10 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

All that laughing must be a good ab workout. :-P

Seriously though, you are building up all this anticipation for Africa! I can't wait for you to get out there and read your race report.

April 9, 2010 at 12:20 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

What a great quote, "And you have to let your weaknesses become your strengths" I am making that my motto for the month!

April 9, 2010 at 3:11 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

Fun times!

April 9, 2010 at 4:05 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You know.... it might be legal in Hawaii. I know it is in Mississippi! I think you should go for it!

April 9, 2010 at 5:53 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Good for you! Laughter is the best medicine!!

April 9, 2010 at 6:35 AM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Don't you know that the island's fastest high school swimmer would have been the island's luckiest guy to have an awsome professional Ironman triathlete as his prom date.

Fun Times! Just when you think you are slow and you want to be like the fast kids, there are a few fast kids out there who want to be just like you.

Keep being an ispiration to those kids at Kona Aquatics.

April 9, 2010 at 10:53 AM

 
Blogger Libby said...

that would be hilarious if you went lol... I love it! sweet africa dreams. I can't wait to see and hear all your impressions of south africa! what a great trip it'll be and you are going to have an awesome race with all that training you've put in!!! happy taper!!!

April 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Laughter is just so good for the soul! Glad you found lots of it!

April 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM

 
Blogger Sherry said...

Oh, Bree! That 2nd picture has to be my most favorite underwater pic of yours yet! It's just brilliant!

Lots of good vibes coming your way from Florida!!

April 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM

 
Blogger su said...

replica handbags
Handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake designer handbags
discount replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
designer replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake replica handbags
fake replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags

April 19, 2010 at 7:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home