Aloha!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hopes and Dreams...


You ready to roll? You're ready. Focus on all that you can control and have confidence in your training. You did the real deal. Don't waist any time or energy on things you can't control- Coach Jimmy.

Okay Coach, I'm ready.

I was reading my "Must do in life" list, you know we all have one, and at the top was a little sentence I copied from one of the people that inspired me a lot when I was 16. Of course then I didnt fully understand the magnitude of it's meaning...but now I think I do. It said, "If your greatest dreams and your biggest fears exist in the same place would you still go there?"

I just felt my stomach flip...I get it now...it makes sense in so many areas of my life and for the final 4 things on my "must do in life" list that question is going to pop up brilliantly making me all the more brave and eager to set out on accomplishing those things. I'm pretty sure the reason it makes a stomach flip when being that honest and real with what you want is because you know the dream holds a lot of passion, purpose, drive, and sacrifice.

Dearest Kainoa...
Mommy loves you the most in the world, all the world! Each breath I breathe you will be along for all of it and even though you don't understand how far away mom is going I am always right next to you. Grammy and Poppy are going to take such good care of you and I know you are happy with them because you told them to read to you last night and just a couple days ago you said I was the best bedtime story reader in the world...so that lets me know you are okay. I promise to bring you back a giraffe. Today we will find some fun until mommy gets on the plane and when I get back our adventures will continue. I love you, the most in the world...
Mom.
.




7 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Bree-
You get stronger and stronger each and every day...not just physically, the mental drive and compassion you have in everything you do is contagious. Live on and face the unknowns.....as you continue to grow and get stronger.

K-man has the best mom EVER!

tn

April 19, 2010 at 9:19 AM

 
Blogger Jody said...

best of luck and hopes and dreams in Africa!
as a woman who lost her mother very young i have to think how lucky kainoa is to have this blog to read what his mom was really thinking and feeling about him. quite a gift. Can't wait to go on safari with you through your blog!

April 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Safe travels, and kick some booty while in Africa!

April 19, 2010 at 5:01 PM

 
Blogger chr15 said...

^^^^^^ yay handbags... I was looking for a birthday pressie for my wife! Look no further than my fave blog :)

--- Well Bree, i must be justa big girl! Your blog brought a tear to my eye! Nice words. no, beautiful words! Kainoa is a lucky boy :)

Stay safe and have fun!

April 19, 2010 at 10:16 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful! ;) Good luck!!!

April 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM

 
Blogger Sue said...

will watch via virtual!! and i luv the letter, and the reason behind it...i used to write my Chloe & Peter a luv letter every year about their year...and then came my blog:)hugs from a lil Chloe that just ran her heart out today at her track meet..1600 and she nailed it and won!! Life is good...

April 20, 2010 at 7:03 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Kainoa is such a lucky boy to have so much love. Along with that giraffe I think he needs an elephant as well. :0)

April 21, 2010 at 3:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home